Tech News and Miscellany

GasBandit

Staff member
I'm not surprised about Musk whipping his tiny dick around because someone said no.

But I'm not sure I understand what "NACS" and "CCS" means, or how this upheaval at Tesla affects Ford and GM.
It's about EV chargers. The Tesla charger connector is NACS (North American Charging Standard, hubrisly named), whereas most other non-asian companies have been using CCS (Combined Charging System).

Last year, a massive feather in Tesla's cap was Ford and GM made a deal with them to switch their manufacturing from CCS to NACS and gain access to Teslas's supercharger network, which had previously been Tesla-exclusive, and is the only charging network that is held in decent regard.

WELP LET'S SCUTTLE THAT

It's about EV chargers. The Tesla charger connector is NACS (North American Charging Standard, hubrisly named), whereas most other non-asian companies have been using CCS (Combined Charging System).

Last year, a massive feather in Tesla's cap was Ford and GM made a deal with them to switch their manufacturing from CCS to NACS and gain access to Teslas's supercharger network, which had previously been Tesla-exclusive, and is the only charging network that is held in decent regard.

WELP LET'S SCUTTLE THAT
Hoo boy. I feel like that might violate some contract Tesla made with the other manufacturers?

GasBandit

Staff member
Hoo boy. I feel like that might violate some contract Tesla made with the other manufacturers?
Contracts? Like the thing that tried to make him pay severance? Yeah, you'd think he'd have learned that lesson.

The hilariously pathetic part is how reliable his record is of hiring back people he fired because nobody else could do it.

Contracts? Like the thing that tried to make him pay severance? Yeah, you'd think he'd have learned that lesson.

The hilariously pathetic part is how reliable his record is of hiring back people he fired because nobody else could do it.
The only real value in Tesla is their charging network. The design of their vehicles have all been lapped by real car manufacturers, and I'm sure Elon hates that.