The Lego appreciation thread

Limit: 500

evilmike

evilmike

For starters, this set is now shipping:

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Superman-vs-Power-Armor-Lex-6862

MindDetective

MindDetective

I haven't nearly played with my old Mindstorms kit enough. Hopefully having a young boy around the house will make that kind of thing a more frequent occurrence.

makare

I love legos and I don't have anything really cool to share so I am just going to be schmaltzy. The first legos I ever had was just a big bucket of them and I think there was a kit for a house in there. I loved that house set because of the lego flowers. I loved building the house and putting the flowers out in the yard and the trees.

Some of my fondest memories were building lego buildings with my Uncle or I'd serve lego food to my Great Uncle. Still get nostalgic around legos.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I was always a bigger fan of Brix Blox.

netsirk

netsirk

I have the Lego Star Wars advent calendar. It's pretty spectacular (pictures under the spoiler tag are of the first several days' prizes, spoiler'd for size and just in case someone's saving this year's calendar for 2012, or something):

p.s. pay no attention to the recommended age on the box...

Krisken

Krisken

I love the Slave 1, X-Wing, and the Imperial Shuttle. Very nice.

evilmike

evilmike

Wow. Lego has scooped up another license: The Lord of the Rings

http://www.wired.com/geekdad/2011/1...cks-up-hobbit-and-lord-of-the-rings-licenses/

LordRendar

LordRendar

I had the Lego Pirate Island and my little brother had the Lego knight castle.When we got into a fight,we would destroy the others castle instead of beating each other.
In times of peace we build houses.

Fun Size

Fun Size

The kids are each getting a box of 1600 Legos for Christmas. Because they like Legos? Absolutely. But more because I'm tired of them asking me to build things, and running out of the parts I need. ;)

GasBandit

GasBandit

I was a big lego builder in my youth. Lego castle, lego spaceships, lego houses galore. Now, I minecraft... and it's wrung every last bit of block-building creativity out of me and left me a crumpled, empty rag.

Bowielee

Bowielee

Besides the toys themselves being awesome, I loves me some Lego games.

Nikki

I love Lego's! They are one of the best things invented.

jwhouk

jwhouk

I have my F1 Ferrari car, my Camper/trailer, and a whole bunch of parts to other small sets that I haven't touched in years.

evilmike

evilmike

The first Lego LotR set pictures have leaked:

More images here.

Krisken

Krisken

The first Lego LotR set pictures have leaked:

More images here.
MUST HAVE.

TNM

TNM

My wife gave me the Lego Millennium Falcon for Christmas. Unfortunately finding a place to assemble it with a two year old running around is difficult.

Mathias

Mathias

Not a fan of the LEGO insert franchise here sets.

I'm a plain old fashioned LEGO City man.

evilmike

evilmike

Patrick Yrizarry celebrates the work of Charles Addams. (via VignetteBricks)

GasBandit

GasBandit

I thought they dumped oil on the carolers, and lurch just plain scared trick or treaters by being himself at the door.

evilmike

evilmike

I thought they dumped oil on the carolers, and lurch just plain scared trick or treaters by being himself at the door.

evilmike

evilmike

You will believe that a brick can fly:

evilmike

evilmike

Not a fan of the LEGO insert franchise here sets.

I'm a plain old fashioned LEGO City man.
Speaking of new sets that might be seen in a Lego City:
0002276_town_hall.jpg

The new Lego Town Hall

Fun Size

Fun Size

I dig the franchise sets, but only because they frequently come with interesting pieces that aren't ever in the big bucket of colorful Legos.

evilmike

evilmike

Man builds minifig-scale Saturn V (more pictures here)

evilmike

evilmike

New LotR character pictures released (via The Brothers Brick):

evilmike

evilmike

And now the Fellowship is revealed (via Blogomatic 3000):

Also,

Hulk smash:

Fun Size

Fun Size

Speaking of specialty sets, I just signed up for Lego CUUSOO so I could support this:

http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/7451

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

I would play the shit out of a LEGO LOTR game.

BananaHands

BananaHands

If there's going to be Spider Man legos, then game over for me. I'd spend all my money on that.

Fun Size

Fun Size

You can start here, but at $350, it's a little spicy for my taste (it's an old set, so it's rare apparently).

http://www.toywiz.com/lego4851.html

evilmike

evilmike

If there's going to be Spider Man legos, then game over for me. I'd spend all my money on that.
Spiderman is expected to be part of the new Super Hero line, but no information is available as of yet. Other characters expected, but not yet seen are: Thor, Loki, Hawkeye, the Black Widow, Iron Man, Wolverine, Deadpool, and Magneto.

There is also, presumably, a minifig scale Green Lantern on the way (as opposed to the Bionicle scale figure.)

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

They all fail in comparison to this LEGO man.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/upshot/lego-man-space-moves-230122438.html
Added at: 17:57

evilmike

evilmike

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

That dude has balls that clang...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Kittinger

fade

fade

Here, I fixed the Lego LotR thing. I added the Peter Jackson Filter.

crylegos.jpg

evilmike

evilmike

More LotR (via From Bricks to Bothans)

evilmike

evilmike

Also:

Dei

Dei

My wife gave me the Lego Millennium Falcon for Christmas. Unfortunately finding a place to assemble it with a two year old running around is difficult.

My 6 year old daughter is asking for Star Wars Legos, and actually likes to put them together herself (unlike her brother who expects me to do it for him), so I'm thinking after untold decades (ok 2 and a half) of wanting the Millennium Falcon Legos, I may actually have an excuse to spend the money...

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

You know, if EA held back $30M to develop a LEGO SWTOR (same game, just with LEGOs)...I might have to buy it again.

evilmike

evilmike

Gimodo has a video which shows the new LoTR sets here.

evilmike

evilmike

The Ultimate Collectors Series Millennium Falcon, built one piece at a time out of virtual Lego

evilmike

evilmike

Lego Video Game Montage (2012 Interactive Achievement Awards Opening)

figmentPez

figmentPez

This would make an awesome Lego set:

Guybrick Threepblock

Frank

Frankie Williamson

evilmike

evilmike

Order of the Stick, Lego-style by Pepa Quin

evilmike

evilmike

A tribute to the Space Shuttle, in Lego (and in space)

jwhouk

jwhouk

What is it with everyone and weather balloons and cameras and Legos?

evilmike

evilmike

Lego Batman 2

evilmike

evilmike

Ultimate Collector's Series R2-D2

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

What is it with everyone and weather balloons and cameras and Legos?
Because it is bloody cool?

evilmike

evilmike

Lego releases it's own version of the Avengers poster (via FBTB):

evilmike

evilmike

First look at the new Spiderman, Doc Ock, and Iron Fist minfigs (via Sara_Hollins):

evilmike

evilmike

The Shaun of the Dead project on Lego Cuusoo has achieved 10000 supporters! (via The Brothers Brick) It will be interesting to see if the Lego group is willing to license an R-rated property.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Lego fail crane, spoiled for length:
legoLulz.jpg

evilmike

evilmike

Lego fail crane, spoiled for length:
Very cool.

In other news:
Lego decides against producing an official Shaun of the Dead set because " (it) contains content that is not appropriate for our core target audience of children ages 6-11.". (via Lego Cusoo blog)

The Lego Back to the Future project (as seen here) has achieved 10000 supporters and is now officially in the review process. (via Brothers Brick) Maybe this will have better luck getting approval.

Raultimate

You're not alone. I'm just waiting to happily spend. The MegaBlocks (LEGO wannabe) set is cool, but with Spidey Lego coming out, now it would be unfitting for a fan to get the other one!

evilmike

evilmike

Another new Cuusoo project: a strandbeest

It walks!

The original, for comparison:

Project link. Brothers Brick article.

Bowielee

Bowielee

I can't link this right now because I'm on my work computer, but at E3 this weekend, they also announced the Lego Lord of the Rings game.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

I can't link this right now because I'm on my work computer, but at E3 this weekend, they also announced the Lego Lord of the Rings game.
This has actually been announced for a few weeks now. Apparently they are putting in the dialog and music from the movie, so it'll be the first LEGO Movie game that has talking in it. Kinda hope they can get the actors to do a few gag lines for the game though.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

I just got my son the Lego Indiana Jones game. We both love it. He's also a fan of the Star Wars sets and the new Dino sets. Instead of the Millenium Falcon he wants Slave 1.

Bowielee

Bowielee

This has actually been announced for a few weeks now. Apparently they are putting in the dialog and music from the movie, so it'll be the first LEGO Movie game that has talking in it. Kinda hope they can get the actors to do a few gag lines for the game though.

My bad, New TRAILER up from E3.

http://www.giantbomb.com/lord-of-th...blocky-courtesy-of-lego-and-tt-games/17-6028/

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

evilmike

evilmike

Very nice.

Ran across this one recently:

Dei

Dei

Minecraft Lego set starts shipping this week. :aaah:

evilmike

evilmike

Lego Inception

evilmike

evilmike

More Lego in space fun, courtesy of the JP Aerospace Blog:

evilmike

evilmike

Perhaps encouraged by the Lego Minecraft set selling out of its initial production run of 10,000; the on-again-off-again Portal project at Cuusoo is back on again. (Cuusoo page, Fickr page1, Flickr page 2)

Bowielee

Bowielee

For the record Lego Batman 2 is awesome.

Dei

Dei

Even ignoring that I would love the heck out of that, my 10 year old would flip for it!

Perhaps encouraged by the Lego Minecraft set selling out of its initial production run of 10,000; the on-again-off-again Portal project at Cuusoo is back on again. (Cuusoo page, Fickr page1, Flickr page 2)

Bowielee

Bowielee

I love the
potato GLADoS

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

My son has watched me playing Skyrim a few times. He and I agree that if there was a Lego Skyrim we would both play it to death.

Bowielee

Bowielee

My son has watched me playing Skyrim a few times. He and I agree that if there was a Lego Skyrim we would both play it to death.
I would pay more than full retail for that.

evilmike

evilmike

Lego in the real world:
Australia (via DesignBoom)

Germany (via Colossal Art and Design)

Fun Size

Fun Size

I thought I already posted this: part of the new monster hunter set. I'm kind of planning on spending the money and calling it a Halloween decoration, because it's awesome.

http://kotaku.com/5917610/the-first...house-arrives-in-september-and-it-is-glorious

evilmike

evilmike

The first look at the minifigs from the Hobbit sets (via FBTB)

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

evilmike

evilmike

First picture of a set from The Hobbit (via FBTB)

drifter

drifter

Custom Street Fighter minifigs!

evilmike

evilmike

Very nice. It would be neat to see those figures in a fight arena diorama.

drifter

drifter

The minimalism is impressive. Also, in case anyone is interested, instructions.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

It looks like the ones they do for their blind bags. Nice work though.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Can you purchase mini-figures separate from the sets? I'm looking for some Star Wars ones for my son, but don't want to buy a bunch of different (and expensive) sets just for the mini-figures.

drifter

drifter

Yeah, Amazon sells single minifigs, as do other sites (not a recommendation, just one I found). They're also sold in packs.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

They also sell them at LEGO's official online store, but only in packs.

How old is your child? You might want to sign them up for the LEGO magazine. It's free and it has fun stuff in it. I know for awhile they were sending out free comics with it too, but that was years ago.

Silent Bob

Silent Bob

They also sell them at LEGO's official online store, but only in packs.

How old is your child? You might want to sign them up for the LEGO magazine. It's free and it has fun stuff in it. I know for awhile they were sending out free comics with it too, but that was years ago.
My boss' son is part of a LEGO fanclub. He gets all sorts of cool stuff from that, plus competitions to build sets.

LEGO's are pretty much the greatest toy ever.[DOUBLEPOST=1344990838][/DOUBLEPOST]BTW, I love this site: http://letsbuilditagain.com/index.php

evilmike

evilmike

Can you purchase mini-figures separate from the sets? I'm looking for some Star Wars ones for my son, but don't want to buy a bunch of different (and expensive) sets just for the mini-figures.
There is a great resource for aftermarket Lego -- Bricklink. It's basically ebay specifically for Lego items.

The minifigs for sale page is here. Which ones are you looking for?

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Right now I just know he wants Darth Vader. There are more, but he names off so many that it's hard to remember them! Thanks for the link evilmike. I bookmarked it since I know I'm going to have to start thinking about Christmas soon.

evilmike

evilmike

Oddly, not Two-Face

evilmike

evilmike

Another project that has achieved the "supported" stage on Cuusoo:

The Mars Science Laboratory Curiosity Rover

If they produce the set, I hope it includes the descent stage and skycrane:

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

I could see this happening. I know LEGO made a commemorative set when Japan launched it's first satellite.

evilmike

evilmike

Instructions and information on finding the necessary parts to build this version of the rover are here.

Direct link to instructions pdf

evilmike

evilmike

Get busy building, or get busy dying -- Morgan Freeman cast in the new Lego movie.

FnordBear

FnordBear

It's the little things in life that make you smile...

evilmike

evilmike

It's the little things in life that make you smile...
That is really funny.

Should I be worried that I noticed that it's not 100% movie accurate? The picture uses the body from a Return of the Jedi Luke instead of one from Star Wars.

Covar

Covar

That is really funny.

Should I be worried that I noticed that it's not 100% movie accurate? The picture uses the body from a Return of the Jedi Luke instead of one from Star Wars.
No, I had a hard time identifying the scene because of that.

evilmike

evilmike

Today, in custom Lego creations: A Warhammer (via Brothers Brick)

4 feet tall -- 25000 bricks

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Shouldn't that be a lot smaller in scale? Like half that size?

evilmike

evilmike

Shouldn't that be a lot smaller in scale? Like half that size?
I don't know -- do you want to be the one to tell him he's the wrong scale? ;)

In other news, next week there will be a Star Wars Lego special next Wednesday September 26 at 8:00pm on the Cartoon Network. (via FBTB)

evilmike

evilmike

Frank

Frank

A little late to the party, but the first thing I thought here was what, you too good for Fei Long?

Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

A little late to the party, but the first thing I thought here was what, you too good for Fei Long?
They only made Legos of GOOD Street Fighter characters :trolol:

Frank

Frank

Fei Long is rad. Y U B RONG?

evilmike

evilmike

Lots of Lego news coming from NY ComicCon today:

New Licensing deal for Lego -- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (via FBTB and Gizmodo)

New Batman set (FBTB):

New Spiderman set (FBTB):

New Hobbit sets (FBTB)

drifter

drifter

evilmike

evilmike

Lego Mold-A-Rama

figmentPez

figmentPez

Why is this not a thing?

Wonder Woman's Invisible Mech

evilmike

evilmike

That's very cool. I had thought about trying to put together a more obvious transparent Wonder Woman themed project for Cuusoo, but I haven't been able to get the design figured out.

evilmike

evilmike

evilmike

evilmike

"Why LEGO is the BEST Company in the World"

evilmike

evilmike

Ochre Jelly's tribute to the Hobbit

evilmike

evilmike

The fan-inspired set to be built by Lego Cuusoo has been announced!

The Back to the Future(BTTF) - DeLorean Time Machine

The builders have announced that they will donate their 1% royalty from the set to the Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research.

The expected release date is mid-2013.

More information on the selection process and the sets that did not make it -- here.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Dei

Dei

My son got the minecraft micro set that lego put out over the summer, but we went to the lego store this week and he beelined to the loose lego wall to start gathering things to make his own version. What I find the most amusing is that he showed almost zero interest in Legos until he started playing Minecraft, which I'm pretty sure is backwards. ;)

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

My son's been asking if he can play Minecraft lately. I don't know if it's because it's Lego-like or because my husband used to play a lot.

He got a few new sets for Christmas: Gandalf Arrives, Escape the Mirkwood Spiders, Riddles for the Ring, Palpatine's Arrest, and a Tie-fighter. Plus he got the Lego Hobbit board game. My husband and I were pleasantly surprised when he put the tie-fighter together by himself. We've all been having fun with the board game, even our 3 year old daughter!

Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

Both my sons play the hell out of Minecraft here at home. Currently only allow them to play Single Player at home on the same map together but they love it.

Dei

Dei

Both my sons play the hell out of Minecraft here at home. Currently only allow them to play Single Player at home on the same map together but they love it.
I set up a server over LAN so that we can all play together. It's winner.

drifter

drifter

This is pretty old, but I just came across it: one-off Spinner built by Lego for Syd Mead.

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

evilmike

evilmike

I need to get caught up on updating this thread.

For starters, Lego has just announced a massive new Lord of the Rings set:

figmentPez

figmentPez

evilmike

evilmike

The Battle of Hoth, recreated in Lego

figmentPez

figmentPez

figmentPez

figmentPez

evilmike

evilmike

Lego X-Wing 1:1 Scale

Now on display in Times Square

More pictures here. (Via Brothers Brick)

evilmike

evilmike

Lego 1/45 Scale, Motorized, Joystick Controlled SR-71

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

The foot and ankle part could be designed a little better, but still an awesome use of Lego bricks!

evilmike

evilmike

A working Lego microscope

(via Gizmodo)

Bowielee

Bowielee

I can not wait for Lego Marvel Super Heroes. God, I love the Lego games.

Shawn

Shawn

That's just.... malicious.
But how exactly was that copter displayed? I'm just seeing a table in the middle of the mall. So no glass casing? No proper fixtures? It was just sitting on a table waiting for some jerk kid to push it on purpose, or some clumsy fellow to accidentally bump into it?

evilmike

evilmike

Brothers Brick has a short interview with the builder, TheBrickMan.

As part of coping with the loss, he decided to build something that would survive a crash next time

evilmike

evilmike

San Diego Comic Con news:

The Cuusoo Back to the Future set has been formally announced. Unfortunately, reviews have been mixed (Brothers Brick, Brickset, Eurobricks). The consensus is that the set has a great minifigs, a good price to piece ratio, and nice customization features as the car can be reconfigured into versions from any of the three movies. The problem is that model itself is a little disappointing.

Also announced at SDCC, two new Mincraft sets:

The Village

and
The Nether

(via BrothersBrick)

evilmike

evilmike

From Brickworld 2013 in Chicago, the winner of the Collaborative Display award:

The Wizard of Oz, in its entirety. It's 10 feet long and even includes a motorized Tornado.

(via Leg Godt)

evilmike

evilmike

It's Adventure Time!

evilmike

evilmike

New Trailer for the Lego Movie

figmentPez

figmentPez

I am so excited for the Lego Movie.

Am I the only one who likes the idea of a double decker couch?

PatrThom

PatrThom

Am I the only one who likes the idea of a double decker couch?
Uhh...no?
image310.jpg
--Patrick

jwhouk

jwhouk

That's more of a futon-like bunk bed than a double-decker couch.

Shawn

Shawn

From Brickworld 2013 in Chicago, the winner of the Collaborative Display award:

I'm guessing, by the pretty generic looking castle in the background, that it's open to all ages. I think those 10 year-olds may be a little outmatched...

evilmike

evilmike

Lots of space in this mall...

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

My son is in his school's robotics club. They are using the Mindstorms LEGO sets for all of the building and experiements. I am impressed and incredibly jealous. I'll see if I can get some pictures of their creations.

Williamjamesw

Williamjamesw

Lots of space in this mall...
Really liked the way they did the broken glass.

evilmike

evilmike

Really liked the way they did the broken glass.
That was an interesting way to do it. I also appreciate how they duplicated the camera work from the original.

evilmike

evilmike

The fan-designed Curiosity Rover should be available for $29.99 at the first of the year.

(via Brickset and the Lego Cuusoo blog)

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

LEGO car anyone?

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

20131225_160033.jpg

4 small ones down, 3 huge ones to go!

Shawn

Shawn

View attachment 13421
4 small ones down, 3 huge ones to go!
There's a shark attached to the firetruck ladder. Is Lego making Sharknado sets now?

evilmike

evilmike

Here's a first look at the upcoming Simpsons Lego House:

(via Brickset)

Update: FBTB adds a shot of the interior:

evilmike

evilmike

FBTB now has the official images for the Simpsons set. It has almost 2600 pieces, and will be $199 in the US. (CA $229.99 – DE 199.99€ – UK £179.99 – DK 1,699.00 DKK)

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

The finished couch should be spring loaded...

Shawn

Shawn

Based on their expressions I have the feeling they are debating killing off Lisa for insurance money.

Celt Z

Celt Z

I was just going to ask why 3 out of 5 Simpsons look stoned.

evilmike

evilmike

I was just going to ask why 3 out of 5 Simpsons look stoned.
Maybe that's why Homer doesn't suspect what they are planning for Lisa.

evilmike

evilmike

Fan constructed Star Wars pinball machine

Here it is in action:

There are a few more pictures in 6kyubi6's photostream.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Well I was going to get some pictures of what the robotics club has been doing. What I didn't realize is that the session ended when the kids went on Christmas break. I thought it was for the full school year. My son isn't signed up for this session. He has swim lessons on the same day. :(

evilmike

evilmike

News from the NY Toy Fair:

What do you park next to your Lego DeLorean?

It's the next Lego set from Lego Cuusoo. It will cost $50 ($60 Canadian) and be available in June of this year.
(via The Lego Cuusoo Official Blog)

A really big set based on the Lego Movie:

The Metal Beard's Sea Cow has 2741 pieces and will sell for US $249.99, CA $299.99, DE 249.99€, UK £169.99, DK 2,199.00 DKK. It is already showing up at retail. (via Brickset)

Finally, we have our first look at one of the Guardians of the Galaxy sets:

drifter

drifter

Skip ahead to around 7:00 if you want to see the complete build being shown off.

Bowielee

Bowielee

News from the NY Toy Fair:

What do you park next to your Lego DeLorean?

It's the next Lego set from Lego Cuusoo. It will cost $50 ($60 Canadian) and be available in June of this year.
(via The Lego Cuusoo Official Blog)

A really big set based on the Lego Movie:

The Metal Beard's Sea Cow has 2741 pieces and will sell for US $249.99, CA $299.99, DE 249.99€, UK £169.99, DK 2,199.00 DKK. It is already showing up at retail. (via Brickset)

Finally, we have our first look at one of the Guardians of the Galaxy sets:

Wait, is Ronan the Accuser in GoTG???

evilmike

evilmike

Wait, is Ronan the Accuser in GoTG???
Yes, he is. He is played by Lee Pace.

Also,

Here are the other two sets for GotG:

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

SPACESHIP! SPACESHIP! SPACESHIP! SPACESHIP!

evilmike

evilmike

SPACESHIP! SPACESHIP! SPACESHIP! SPACESHIP!

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Do they have a price for it yet? Something tells me my favorite soon-to-be 9 year old will want this for his birthday.

evilmike

evilmike

Do they have a price for it yet? Something tells me my favorite soon-to-be 9 year old will want this for his birthday.
It should be US$99.99.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Thanks!

drifter

drifter

Dude builds Eva Unit-01

Another pic for a better sense of scale

Celt Z

Celt Z

Asuka's hair made me laugh. They did a great job!

evilmike

evilmike

I ran across this set at my local Toys R Us.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

I ran across this set at my local Toys R Us.
Cool. I was going to see if the LEGO Store downtown had it. Nice to know I have an option (and a coupon!).

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

This is the machine the kids in robotics club made. They are part of the JFLL (Jr. First LEGO League which is for 6- 10 year olds), but did not compete since it was the club's first year. Today was the open house. This particular robot is able to be programmed to move things, like the brick towers in one of the pics, and carry objects. The kids even attempted to do some of the FLL challenges which are designed for kids 10 & up. They use the MindStorms kits to build their robots.
IMG_0195.jpg
IMG_0197.jpg
IMG_0198.jpg

Celt Z

Celt Z

A group of kids at the co-ed Catholic school down the street from us won a national contest for something very similar. (I'm not sure if it's JFLL. I'd have to find the article again.) The thing I thought was coolest about it? The team was all girls. :)

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Ghostbusters Lego set is officially available today. I'm still debating whether or not I should buy it. It's $59.99 Canadian, so with tax it's just shy of $70, and then there's shipping.
http://shop.lego.com/en-CA/Ghostbusters-Ecto-1-21108

Edit: I bought it.

evilmike

evilmike

Lego Cuusoo has been rebranded as Lego Ideas.

They have announced their next fan-inspired set:
LEGO Ideas #008: Research Institute

It is based off of Ellen Kooijman’s Female Minifigure set. It is expected to be available in August.

Unfortunately, none of the other sets up for consideration were approved. Rejected designs were based on: Sherlock, Adventure Time, Macross, the Legend of Zelda, another Back to the Future set, and Japanese architecture.

evilmike

evilmike

Part of Chris Pratt's visit to a Children's hospital:

Dave

Dave

I don't watch TV other than sports or an occasional show like Castle. Until Guardians I had never heard of Chris Pratt. I find it nearly impossible to not like the guy.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I don't watch TV other than sports or an occasional show like Castle. Until Guardians I had never heard of Chris Pratt. I find it nearly impossible to not like the guy.
He was in Zero Dark Thirty

PatrThom

PatrThom

He's the male Jennifer Lawrence.

--Patrick

jwhouk

jwhouk

He's the male Jennifer Lawrence.

--Patrick
That is a very apt comparison... which means, of course, we know who MUST appear in LEGO Move II.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Noah decided on his Halloween costume:

Good_bad_cop.png

Too hot here for a jacket, so we're going to get a black long sleeve t-shirt and (hopefully) borrow a tactical vest from a friend.

jwhouk

jwhouk

And the twirling face?

On a separate note: I have been getting into Oyo Sports figurines - not LEGO, per se, but they have the official approval of the NFL, MLB and NHL for team logos and "likenesses". I currently have an Oyo Zamboni to go with my two Predators players (Shea Weber and the now-Senator David Legwand).

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

He already wears glasses, so he can just switch between his real glasses and mirrored aviators. My idea for Scribble Face Good Cop is to make an insert he can put inside the helmet visor.

evilmike

evilmike

Chris Miller announced that there will be a Lego Batman movie by posting an homage to Zak Snyder's version of Batman:
batman noparents.jpg

"It's true. So excited. #Darkness #NoParents" (via Twitter)

Will Arnett will reprise his role as Batman. The movie is slated for a 2017 release. (via io9)

Celt Z

Celt Z

As much as I'm Bat-fatigued, I'd want to see a funny Lego Batman movie.

Bowielee

Bowielee

I somehow missed the release of Lego Pirates of the Caribbean for the PC. I have, of course rectified this oversight.

fade

fade

As much as I'm Bat-fatigued, I'd want to see a funny Lego Batman movie.
They make a bat-creme for that.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Something for @Celt Z:

"Come to the Dark Side - we have Pumpkin Spice TIE Fighters!"

evilmike

evilmike

Lego is producing another wave of Minecraft sets which should be available on November 1st. This time, the sets are minifig scale:

chris

chris

Or you just buy the 600 pieces "Bricks and more" Lego bucket.

klew

klew

Guess where I was yesterday?

evilmike

evilmike

Lego announces two new projects for Lego Ideas:

This is this first time they've announced two sets from the same evaluation period.

The first set is a simple, elegant build -- Birds.

The second set does not seem that inspiring to build, but it has an obvious market: The Big Bang Theory:

In other news, here is a really nice fan creation, Calvin and Hobbes:

(via Gizmodo)

Frank

Frank

I know when I think Lego, I think, man I would love to recreate that scene from a shitty sitcom where people eat.

evilmike

evilmike

I know when I think Lego, I think, man I would love to recreate that scene from a shitty sitcom where people eat.
Yes, exactly so. It's an obvious tie-in and will probably sell really well, but it's not that interesting as a Lego set.

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

I rather think it's a good idea, those are some neat pieces of decoration in the background, on the shelves, and with the furniture nicely detailed, the set likely works really well for those who want to play "house" with their Lego.

Hey, how many of you just thought It'd be cool to have a set from House so you could play doctor with your Lego?

Just Me

Just Me

In other news, here is a really nice fan creation, Calvin and Hobbes:

(via Gizmodo)
The birds are nice, but my love and awe goes to Calin and Hobbes, once again. And of course to Bill Watterson, what a great man and a source of inspiration, be it for his art or for his integrity and spirit.

Bowielee

Bowielee

Just a reminder, the new Lego Batman game comes out on Tuesday.

Bowielee

Bowielee

evilmike

evilmike

The latest Lego commercial:

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Very disappointed with Lego Fusion Battle Towers. It says that you can download the app from the Play Store for android devices and the Amazon Appstore. Except the app is not compatible with our Nexus 7 or Kindle Fire. Which means this toy that looked so super cool in the store is pretty damn sucky since you can't play with it in the way it's intended. I have never been so unhappy with Lego.

jwhouk

jwhouk

BTW: I love my OYO sports pieces! To be honest, I think LEGO dropped the ball (pardon the pun) over the possibility of marketing to sports teams, but at the same time I can understand why they didn't pursue it - and, at the same time, why it's wise they don't go after OYO too hard over cutting into profits. OYO can provide the level of customization that LEGO probably wouldn't want to do, and yet the interchangeability allows people who want LEGO and OYO sets to mingle them.

In other news, I still have all these baseboards left over...

evilmike

evilmike

Very disappointed with Lego Fusion Battle Towers. It says that you can download the app from the Play Store for android devices and the Amazon Appstore. Except the app is not compatible with our Nexus 7 or Kindle Fire. Which means this toy that looked so super cool in the store is pretty damn sucky since you can't play with it in the way it's intended. I have never been so unhappy with Lego.
I did some research on this but didn't have any luck finding a solution.

In other news,
UCS Lego Helicarrier
2,996 pieces
US $349.99 - CA $399.99 - DE 349.99€ - UK £269.99 - DK 2999.00 DKK
Release date: March 1st, 2015

Also includes 5 regular minifigs: Captain America, Hawkeye, Nick Fury, Black Widow, and (for the first time ever) Maria Hill:

evilmike

evilmike

evilmike

evilmike

Two more Lego Ideas sets announced.

figmentPez

figmentPez

The current Humble Book Bundle contains ebooks about building stuff from LEGO. I don't know if the books are any good, though.

Celt Z

Celt Z

Two more Lego Ideas sets announced.
I wonder if this will have any influence on their future franchise games. I noticed someone snuck a TARDIS and some scattered weeping angels into LEGO Batman 3.

evilmike

evilmike

Painting with Lego

jwhouk

jwhouk

It's always a Mondrian.

evilmike

evilmike

It's always a Mondrian.
Not always.

(via The Art of the Brick)

drifter

drifter

I'm guessing most of you already saw this, but still

jwhouk

jwhouk

evilmike

evilmike

evilmike

evilmike

evilmike

evilmike

The latest Lego Ideas set is a bit of a departure -- a customizable marble maze: https://ideas.lego.com/projects/14605

The official announcement -- https://ideas.lego.com/blogs/1-blog/post/32

Fun Size

Fun Size

In the store letting my son browse for a birthday list when I discovered that they finally have an official Green Lantern set. Of course, I can't think of a reason why I would need to buy myself a Lego Green Lantern set.

Please help me think of a reason why I need to buy myself a Lego Green Lantern set.

Celt Z

Celt Z

In the store letting my son browse for a birthday list when I discovered that they finally have an official Green Lantern set. Of course, I can't think of a reason why I would need to buy myself a Lego Green Lantern set.

Please help me think of a reason why I need to buy myself a Lego Green Lantern set.
EDIT: ...Goddamn phone.

Anyway, it's a Green Lantern set! How often do you see those? Get it!

Krisken

Krisken

I notice they justify having sets featuring these super heroes by putting freaking Batman in all of them.

I never thought I'd be sick of Batman, but here we are.

evilmike

evilmike

Because you never know when Lego Parallax will attack.

Also, Lego unveiled the Big Bang Theory set today:

(via Lego Ideas, GeekDad, Brickset)

It will be available August 1st and has a MSRP of $59.99 US / EUR 59,99.

Celt Z

Celt Z

I notice they justify having sets featuring these super heroes by putting freaking Batman in all of them.

I never thought I'd be sick of Batman, but here we are.
That may be because of the games. The first one was really about Batman, but the next two were about the DC universe, but they still branded them "Batman".

Celt Z

Celt Z

Okay, Children of the 80's, break out your Legos!

(via Nerd Approved )

Fun Size

Fun Size

That may be because of the games. The first one was really about Batman, but the next two were about the DC universe, but they still branded them "Batman".
That's the only reason we have the GL set for sure - I'm playing through Lego Batman 3 now, and it's a lot of lantern stuff (which is awesome until I have to let my son be GL - little punk pulling the "but I'm eight and it's my game" card every time). But yeah, when I get it, he can have the space Batman.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

evilmike

evilmike

Image leak for the upcoming Lego Wall*E set:

Celt Z

Celt Z

Lego Proposal: Spaceballs the Lego Set!
1448551-Eagle_5_Ideas_4.jpeg spaceball-one.jpeg spaceball-one-6.jpeg
You can see more details here.

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

Oi. Everytime I see this thread I'm tempted to drop a grand on all the bits and pieces I'd need to make D&D dungeon tiles.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

View attachment 18553 View attachment 18554 View attachment 18555
Wifi on the train isn't the greatest, so imagine the "SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!" meme. [emoji1]

jwhouk

jwhouk

Somewhere, Mel Brooks is shaking his head and laughing.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Spaceball One had better morph into a lady with a vacuum cleaner.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

View attachment 18553 View attachment 18554 View attachment 18555

Moichandising!

Also, with a little modification, that first one can also be a Breaking Bad lego set.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Lego Doof Warrior aka the red pajama-wearing blind guitarist from Fury Road

Celt Z

Celt Z

EERRRRGGGGHHHHHHH.... Why, LEGO Dimensions, WHY do you have to make me want to play your game so much?!

LEGO Dimensions gets almost everyone to come back and voice their minifig

(IMDB can confirm the cast is insane. )

PatrThom

PatrThom

including Frank “Megatron” Welker as Scooby
Don't you mean "Including Frank 'Freddy' Welker as Scooby?"

--Patrick

evilmike

evilmike

It looks like Ecto-1 sold well enough for TLG to release a follow up set: The Ghostbusters Firehouse. It's huge!

Get ready to bust some ghosts at the Firehouse Headquarters!

Recreate iconic Ghostbusters™ scenes with the 2-story Firehouse Headquarters, featuring laboratory, living quarters, containment unit and much more. Capture the ghosts with the proton packs and restore order, or solve other supernatural cases! Includes 9 minifigures: Peter Venkman, Raymond Stantz, Egon Spengler, Winston Zeddemore, Janine Melnitz, Dana Barrett, Louis Tully, Library Ghost and Zombie Driver.
  • Includes 9 minifigures: Peter Venkman, Raymond Stantz, Egon Spengler, Winston Zeddemore, Janine Melnitz, Dana Barrett, Louis Tully, Zombie Driver and Library Ghost.
  • Also comes with Slimer, Pink Ghost and Blue Ghost.
  • Slide the Ghostbusters™ heroes down the fire pole into action.
  • Chase the ghosts and secure them in the containment unit.
  • Turn the librarian old lady into a scary ghost with the double-sided face and extra wig!
  • Run tests on Louis in the lab to see if he’s possessed!
  • Suspend ghosts around the building’s exterior with attachable transparent arms.
  • Dodge the slime oozing up through cracks in the pavement.
  • Accessory elements include an alarm bell, fire extinguisher, computer, phone, toolbox, tools, jars of slimes, magnifying glass, camera, camera rolls, arcade game, toaster with slime, fridge with frozen pizza, milk and cheese, and much more!
  • Features opening walls for easy play access.
  • Features over 4,600 pieces.
  • Ghostbusters™ minifigures comewith decorated arms.
  • Measures over 14” (36cm) high, 9” (25cm) wide and 14” (38cm) deep.
  • With walls opened out, measures over 14” (36cm) high, 18” (46 cm) wide and 14” (38cm) deep.
  • Firehouse Headquarters doors can open to fit the 21108 LEGO® Ideas Ghostbusters Ecto-1 inside!
(via Lego Shop at Home)

Bowielee

Bowielee

It looks like Ecto-1 sold well enough for TLG to release a follow up set: The Ghostbusters Firehouse. It's huge!

Get ready to bust some ghosts at the Firehouse Headquarters!

Recreate iconic Ghostbusters™ scenes with the 2-story Firehouse Headquarters, featuring laboratory, living quarters, containment unit and much more. Capture the ghosts with the proton packs and restore order, or solve other supernatural cases! Includes 9 minifigures: Peter Venkman, Raymond Stantz, Egon Spengler, Winston Zeddemore, Janine Melnitz, Dana Barrett, Louis Tully, Library Ghost and Zombie Driver.
  • Includes 9 minifigures: Peter Venkman, Raymond Stantz, Egon Spengler, Winston Zeddemore, Janine Melnitz, Dana Barrett, Louis Tully, Zombie Driver and Library Ghost.
  • Also comes with Slimer, Pink Ghost and Blue Ghost.
  • Slide the Ghostbusters™ heroes down the fire pole into action.
  • Chase the ghosts and secure them in the containment unit.
  • Turn the librarian old lady into a scary ghost with the double-sided face and extra wig!
  • Run tests on Louis in the lab to see if he’s possessed!
  • Suspend ghosts around the building’s exterior with attachable transparent arms.
  • Dodge the slime oozing up through cracks in the pavement.
  • Accessory elements include an alarm bell, fire extinguisher, computer, phone, toolbox, tools, jars of slimes, magnifying glass, camera, camera rolls, arcade game, toaster with slime, fridge with frozen pizza, milk and cheese, and much more!
  • Features opening walls for easy play access.
  • Features over 4,600 pieces.
  • Ghostbusters™ minifigures comewith decorated arms.
  • Measures over 14” (36cm) high, 9” (25cm) wide and 14” (38cm) deep.
  • With walls opened out, measures over 14” (36cm) high, 18” (46 cm) wide and 14” (38cm) deep.
  • Firehouse Headquarters doors can open to fit the 21108 LEGO® Ideas Ghostbusters Ecto-1 inside!
(via Lego Shop at Home)
It also has something to do with the fact that Ghostbusters is one of the worlds in Lego Dimensions.

Which, BTW is fun as hell, but hard on the pocketbook.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Something new is coming from the Brick Brand I like... Full NHL rink sets.

Bowielee

Bowielee

So, the Doctor Who set for Lego Dimensions finally came out. I'm not disappointed.

IMG_0005.JPG
IMG_0008.JPG
IMG_0010.JPG
IMG_0011.JPG

jwhouk

jwhouk

Just gonna leave these here...

Gametime Hockey Rink

Backyard Rink Bundle

Fun Size

Fun Size

So, the Doctor Who set for Lego Dimensions finally came out. I'm not disappointed.

View attachment 19623 View attachment 19624 View attachment 19625 View attachment 19626
Having poured shameful resources into Disney Infinity, I'm so not into buying any more of these 'collect a figure to play' games. So I'm ignoring the Slimer, ignoring Chell, ignoring the Mystery Machine...

...dat Tardis though.

Bowielee

Bowielee

Having poured shameful resources into Disney Infinity, I'm so not into buying any more of these 'collect a figure to play' games. So I'm ignoring the Slimer, ignoring Chell, ignoring the Mystery Machine...

...dat Tardis though.
Well, this is one of the nice things about Lego Dimensions that they just instituted. If a character is out already that you need to solve a puzzle, you can hire that character for 30 seconds using studs in the game, so once everything's all released, you'll be able to unlock every thing in the game without buying anything but the base game.

jwhouk

jwhouk

I just got the LEGO Creator Holiday catalog...

:minionhappy:

evilmike

evilmike

A spectacular AFOL built project -- a Lego 360° Milling Machine

Other cool projects from the same creator:
Robot Pin Animator

RCX controlled Spirit Rover

Dave

Dave

PatrThom

PatrThom

PatrThom

PatrThom

This is so much more amazing than just being a kinetic sculpture.

--Patrick

evilmike

evilmike

As part of the standard Lego Super Hero sets this year: The Batcave. The 1960's TV Batcave. The minifigure list includes 60's versions of: Batman, Bruce Wayne, Robin, Dick Grayson, Alfred Pennyworth, Catwoman, The Joker, The Penguin, and The Riddler. Estimated release date March 1st.
batcave.jpg

batcave back.jpg

(via Brickset)

evilmike

evilmike

New Ghostbusters set announced:
Ecto-1 & Ecto-2
Available July 1st, $59.99

(via Brickset, GeekDad)

Celt Z

Celt Z

Why, helllllo, little Hemsworth lego!

(Yes, I know it's not his first appearance as a Lego. I'm playing Lego Marvel Avengers as we speak.)

evilmike

evilmike

Another highly involved Lego machine from Arthur Sacek. (vio io9)

evilmike

evilmike

100% Lego Rolling BB-8

There is a Lego Ideas page for it here.

jwhouk

jwhouk

evilmike

evilmike

A guide to building your dreams:

(via Gizmodo)

evilmike

evilmike

The Lego Firewalk

(via Gizmodo)

Celt Z

Celt Z

The Lego Firewalk

(via Gizmodo)
:Leyla:

evilmike

evilmike

Lego BFG in 1:1 scale

evilmike

evilmike

The Mind of a Lego Engineer

Just Me

Just Me

Words just fail me...

http://imgur.com/gallery/snxk3

(I also fail at technical stuff, like linking albums. Able people feel free to edit, thanks.)

evilmike

evilmike

(I also fail at technical stuff, like linking albums. Able people feel free to edit, thanks.)

(Just enter the gallery link into the media link in the editor)

Fan creation of the day:
Minifig scale B-25J Mitchell by nelsoma84 and Florida Shooter

Lego news:
Two new Lego Ideas sets announced:
The Beatles Yellow Submarine

&

The Apollo 11 Saturn-V (with capsule and lunar lander)
[evilmike's note: If the set is built to the same scale as the fan submission, it will be the second tallest Lego set, standing roughly 1m tall.]

(via Brickset)

More Lego news:
Lego also announced the year 2 expansions to Lego Dimensions including: Adventure Time, Harry Potter, Mission Impossible, and just about everything from the 1980's.

(via Brickset)

Celt Z

Celt Z

I'm going to need that Yellow Submarine set, like, right now. Actually, tomorrow. Tomorrow would be best. :D

Also, dammit, Dimensions! Stop making me want you!

strawman

strawman

Wasn't lego dimensions cancelled?

Also, I successfully resisted the temptation to buy the Lego Arocs technic set while it was on sale. Lego has it for $230, Amazon for $200, but during the sale it was $174, which is 16 pieces of lego per dollar, not a bad deal at all.

Don't care much for the arocs itself, but I've always wanted a big pneumatic lego technic set, and this one is impressive, and uses their second generation pneumatic stuff.

Dei

Dei

Also, I successfully resisted the temptation to buy the Lego Arocs technic set while it was on sale. Lego has it for $230, Amazon for $200, but during the sale it was $174, which is 16 pieces of lego per dollar, not a bad deal at all.

Don't care much for the arocs itself, but I've always wanted a big pneumatic lego technic set, and this one is impressive, and uses their second generation pneumatic stuff.
You're thinking of Disney Infinity.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

I think you're thinking of the Lego MMO from a few years back. LEGO Dimensions is the toys-to-screen game in the vein of Skylanders of Disney Infinity. Come to think of it, you might be thinking of Disney Infinity because Disney announced an end to the line a few weeks back.

evilmike

evilmike

New release from Lego (via GeekDad, Brickset, Brothers Brick)
  • LEGO 71040: Disney Castle
  • Comes with five minifigures: Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Tinker Bell
  • Ages 16+
  • 4,080 pieces
  • USD $349.99
  • Available direct from shop.LEGO.com on September 1, 2016.
  • Castle measures over 29″ (74cm) high, 17″ (44cm) wide, and 12″ (31cm) deep.

evilmike

evilmike

A collaboration between Lego artist Nathan Sawaya and fashion designer Andrew Maclaine worn by Ashley Eckstein, the voice of Ahsoka Tano. The dress includes 10000 Lego bricks. (io9)

evilmike

evilmike

Latest wave of collectable minifigs -- it looks like Lego doesn't think that @Celt Z or @Jesterboom have been buying enough Lego!

Celt Z

Celt Z

Aww, damn. They even made a figure of our dog. DAMN YOU, LEGO! HAVEN'T YOU'VE GOTTEN ENOUGH OF OUR MONEY ALREADY?!

jwhouk

jwhouk

Madison Bumgarner - the Lego Figure.

Just Me

Just Me

evilmike

evilmike

evilmike

evilmike

evilmike

evilmike

Sadly for @Celt Z @Jesterboom and Lli'Z, this is not an official set:

Bubble181

Bubble181

evilmike

evilmike

Neat. I had not heard of those before.

Lego currently uses wires with compatible connectors for electrical connections:

They used to use a different contact style that was more integrated with the studs on the bricks, but that hasn't been in use for some time. Not only did they use wired connections, there were also plates with integrated connections:

The clever thing about the plates is that the contacts were designed so that the connections would route properly if the plates were connected at right angles to each other.

evilmike

evilmike

So sad...

evilmike

evilmike

All you need is brick...

Available November 1st. (Gizmodo)

Celt Z

Celt Z

All you need is brick...

Available November 1st. (Gizmodo)
This is at the top of my Christmas list. :D

PatrThom

PatrThom

This is at the top of my Christmas list. :D
You just want the Fab 4 Minifigs, don't you?

--Patrick

Calleja

Calleja

I NEED THAT LEGO YELLOW SUBMARINE IN MY LIFE!!!!

Celt Z

Celt Z

You just want the Fab 4 Minifigs, don't you?

--Patrick
Yes, but I'd really like the Yellow Submarine, too. It'd go well with the theme I've always had in Li'l Z's room (and my own Beatles fandom):
20161012_152353.jpg 20161012_152406.jpg[DOUBLEPOST=1476300964,1476300734][/DOUBLEPOST]
I NEED THAT LEGO YELLOW SUBMARINE IN MY LIFE!!!!
Shouldn't that say "I'VE GOT TO GET YOU INTO MY LIFE!" ? ;)

evilmike

evilmike

New kinetic sculpture from JK Brickworks:

Celt Z

Celt Z

11:30 PM, Christmas night- I was tired as hell, but had to finish:

xmas2016lego.jpg

jwhouk

jwhouk

You all know what song started playing in your head after seeing that picture...

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

That banana song from Despicable Me, aye.

PatrThom

PatrThom

None, actually.

--Patrick

jwhouk

jwhouk

Celt Z, my dear, we have a bunch of heathen Beatles haters around here...

Krisken

Krisken

Definitely Lucy In the Sky With Diamonds :)

Krisken

Krisken

Ok, I must not understand the ratings.

Celt Z

Celt Z

Definitely Lucy In the Sky With Legos :)
FTFY ;)

grub

grub

I was thinking Thunderstruck

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

20161227_103949.jpg

Die rebel scum.

evilmike

evilmike

Review embargo lifted!

jwhouk

jwhouk

PatrThom

PatrThom

32847392346_76181c683b_c.jpg

source

--Patrick

evilmike

evilmike

evilmike

evilmike

Another great sculpture from JK Brickworks:

evilmike

evilmike

A couple of random bits of Lego news:

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

That looks so handy.

evilmike

evilmike

evilmike

evilmike

First look at the upcoming Saturn V set.

The scale of the set appears to be similar to the original Lego Ideas model -- which means that it will likely be in the top 3 tallest Lego sets ever produced.

Celt Z

Celt Z

WAAAAAAAAAANT and am still praying the movie doesn't make me regret it.

WWLegoset.jpg

evilmike

evilmike

WAAAAAAAAAANT and am still praying the movie doesn't make me regret it.
Agreed. I think it's the best set based on the DCEU by a wide margin. My only quibble is that Ares uses stickers for his armor instead of stencils.

It's also nice to see a DC set not based on Batman or Superman (as 95% of them are.)

Btw there is another great detail, Wonder Woman comes with a cloak to change into:

evilmike

evilmike

The Digicomp II recreated in Lego by Brian Davis:

(Brickshelf)

evilmike

evilmike

evilmike

evilmike

This is the set that I have wanted ever since I was a kid, building Lego rockets with square cross sections.

With all of the details that they have packed into this set, the most amazing may be that the piece count is an easter egg.

Introducing LEGO® Ideas 21309 NASA Apollo Saturn V

The wait is over! After a year in development we're incredibly proud to unveil and present the first official images of the LEGO Ideas 21309 NASA Apollo Saturn V designed by LEGO Ideas members Felix Stiessen (saabfan) and Valérie Roche (whatsuptoday).
You'll be able to find the 1 meter high (approximately 1:110 scale) icon of space exploration in stores from the 1st of June, 2017 for a recommended retail price of just USD 119.99 / EURO 119.99 / GBP 109.99. With 1969 LEGO elements the 21309 NASA Apollo Saturn V rockets its way into LEGO Ideas history as the tallest LEGO Ideas set, as well as the one containing most elements.

(Lego Ideas Blog, Brickset, BrothersBrick)

PatrThom

PatrThom

--Patrick

evilmike

evilmike

--Patrick
The horror!

PatrThom

PatrThom

I felt about the same when CU crashed a 1959 Bel Air just to see how much safety had improved in 50 years.

--Patrick

evilmike

evilmike

evilmike

evilmike

Celt Z

Celt Z

THOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR! HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUULK!

And just for reference to my title choice:
[DOUBLEPOST=1496345576,1496345380][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh, and you should probably click on the link. There are a LOT of photos I didn't post.

klew

klew

Introducing LEGO® Ideas 21309 NASA Apollo Saturn V

The wait is over! After a year in development we're incredibly proud to unveil and present the first official images of the LEGO Ideas 21309 NASA Apollo Saturn V designed by LEGO Ideas members Felix Stiessen (saabfan) and Valérie Roche (whatsuptoday).
You'll be able to find the 1 meter high (approximately 1:110 scale) icon of space exploration in stores from the 1st of June, 2017 for a recommended retail price of just USD 119.99 / EURO 119.99 / GBP 109.99. With 1969 LEGO elements the 21309 NASA Apollo Saturn V rockets its way into LEGO Ideas history as the tallest LEGO Ideas set, as well as the one containing most elements.

Bought mine today, upcoming busy weekend and then away from home the next week, won't get a chance to build this for a while.

jwhouk

jwhouk

1,969 pieces. Neat.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

PatrThom

PatrThom

Yeah, but will he fly it?

--Patrick

evilmike

evilmike

Improving on an old design?

evilmike

evilmike

Cool advertisement from TLG.

(Behance)

evilmike

evilmike

evilmike

evilmike

The new Ninjago trailer has an unexpected Kaiju.

PatrThom

PatrThom

It's a bit jarring to hear Jackie Chan's voice where I'm used to hearing Paul Dobson's.

--Patrick

Celt Z

Celt Z

It's a bit jarring to hear Jackie Chan's voice where I'm used to hearing Paul Dobson's.
It's about time they stop white-washing these Lego characters! I mean, yellow-washing! I mean...wait...ummm...

Krisken

Krisken

I really want that Voltron Lions set. I wish they'd get on that!

evilmike

evilmike

Another shuttle upgrade

evilmike

evilmike

evilmike

evilmike

Lego Ideas Announcement for 2016 Third Review:

and

figmentPez

figmentPez

evilmike

evilmike

Lego + Star Wars + MC Escher

(MyModernMet)

evilmike

evilmike

Yet another insanely big Lego set just announced:
75192 Millennium Falcon

7541 pieces.
US $799.99, CA $899.99, DE €799.99, UK £649.99, DKK 6999.00
Available from the 1st of October with VIP early access from the 14th of September.
Welcome to the largest, most detailed LEGO Star Wars Millennium Falcon model we’ve ever created - in fact, with over 7,500 pieces it is the biggest LEGO model ever sold! This amazing LEGO interpretation of Han Solo’s unforgettable Corellian freighter has all the details that Star Wars fans of any age could wish for, including intricate exterior detailing, upper and lower quad laser cannons, landing legs, lowering boarding ramp and a 4-minifigure cockpit with detachable canopy. Remove individual hull plates to reveal the highly detailed main hold, rear compartment and gunnery station. This amazing model also features interchangeable sensor dishes and crew, so you decide whether to play out classic LEGO Star Wars adventures with Han, Leia, Chewbacca and C-3PO, or enter the world of Episode VII and VIII with older Han, Rey, Finn and BB-8!
  • Includes 4 classic crew minifigures: Han Solo, Chewbacca, Princess Leia and C-3PO.
  • Also includes 3 Episode VII/VIII crew minifigures: Older Han Solo, Rey and Finn.
  • Figures include a BB-8 droid, 2 buildable Porgs and a buildable Mynock.
  • Exterior features include intricately detailed and removable hull panels, a lowering boarding ramp, concealed blaster cannon, 4-minifigure cockpit with detachable canopy, interchangeable round/rectangular sensor dishes, upper and lower quad laser cannons, and 7 landing legs.
  • Main hold features a seating area, Dejarik holographic game, combat remote training helmet, engineering station with turning minifigure seat and a doorway build with passageway decoration.
  • Rear compartment features the engine room with hyperdrive and console, 2 doorways, hidden floor compartment, 2 escape pod hatches, engineering console and an access ladder to the gunnery station.
  • Gunnery station features a minifigure gunner’s seat and detachable hull panel with fully rotating quad laser cannon. An additional quad laser cannon is also mounted on the underside.
  • Also includes an informational fact plaque.
  • Features a new cockpit canopy element.
  • Classic crew weapons include Han’s blaster pistol and Chewbacca’s stud-firing bowcaster.
  • Episode VII/VIII crew weapons include Han’s blaster, Rey’s small silver blaster and Finn’s medium blaster rifle.
  • Change out the features and crew characters to switch between classic and Episode VII/VIII versions of the Millennium Falcon!
  • Open individual hull panels to access the detailed interior while retaining the overall exterior appearance.
  • Slide the panel to reveal the concealed blaster cannon.
  • Turn classic Leia’s and Han’s head to reveal their breathing mask decoration.
  • Makes the perfect intergalactic toy or flagship display model.
  • Measures over 8” (21cm) high, 33” (84cm) long and 22” (56cm) wide.

(via Brickset)

MindDetective

MindDetective

I like the interchangeable dish

PatrThom

PatrThom

How long until we see someone on YouTube smashing this thing off the side of a building?

--Patrick

evilmike

evilmike

Introducing LEGO® Ideas 21312 Women of NASA

Build, play and learn from inspiring women of NASA!
We're incredibly excited to finally show off the first official images of the inspiring LEGO Ideas 21312 Women of NASA set designed by LEGO Ideas member Maia Weinstock (a.k.a. 20tauri) from the USA.
The Women of NASA set will officially be landing on store shelves from the 1st of November, 2017 for a recommended retail price of USD/Euro 24.99.
However, if you're in New York City you can already get your hands on the set on the 28th of October, 2017 as Maia will be visiting the Flatiron District LEGO store to meet and greet fans and sign sets. More details below

Here is the official description:

Follow in the footsteps of 4 pioneering women of NASA (National Aeronautics and Space Administration—America’s space agency) with this fun and inspiring LEGO® set. Build the Hubble Space Telescope and learn astronomy with the ‘Mother of Hubble’ Nancy Grace Roman. Develop the software for space missions with computer scientist Margaret Hamilton. And launch the space shuttle with Sally Ride, the first American woman to fly in space, and Mae Jemison, the world’s first woman of color in space. Build, play, learn and one day you too could become a science, technology, engineering or mathematics superstar!

A personal tribute to pioneers

Science editor and writer Maia Weinstock combined three of her personal passions in designing the Women of NASA set for LEGO® Ideas: space exploration, the history of women in science and engineering, and LEGO building.
“I thought people might like to build their own display featuring minifigures of accomplished women in the STEM [Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics] professions. For the vignettes, I wanted to contextualize each person in terms of her contribution to NASA history.”
“I was absolutely elated when the project reached 10,000 supporters! The set clearly touched and inspired many, as it reached 10,000 supporters in just 15 days. The night on which it appeared we’d reach 10K, I stayed up until 4:30 or 5 in the morning so that I could watch the 10,000th vote come in. I didn’t get much sleep that day, but it was thrilling!”
LEGO® Designers Gemma Anderson and Marie Sertillanges were thrilled to help refine Maia’s model into an official LEGO set.
“I was extremely excited about working on this one, especially as I had already heard of it and really wanted it to become a set,” says Gemma. “My focus was on ensuring that the model had stability, the colors were aligned and the subjects were accurately portrayed, all while staying respectful to the design of the original model.”
For Marie, “The main challenge in designing the minifigures and the decorations was that I could not make anything up. Every detail was important and needed to match reality, since they represent real-life women. It was beautiful to hear some of the stories behind the scenes, like how Sally’s name tag was changed from ‘Sally Ride’ to just ‘Sally’ at her own request.”

Pre-release box signing event

To celebrate the upcoming release of the Women of NASA set we're happy to have Maia Weinstock join us at the Flatiron District LEGO Store in New York City to meet and greet fans, while signing the Women of NASA LEGO set at this exclusive pre-release event.
Date: 28th October, 2017 from 10am - 2pm
Location: LEGO Store, 200 5th Avenue, Flatiron District, New York City.

-----------------------------------------------------
From Ars Technica, Margaret Hamilton holds a LEGO figure of ... herself.

Celt Z

Celt Z

Very much enjoying Lego Marvel Superheroes 2, and so is Li'l Z. I just unlocked this super lady, and I didn't even know she was a playable character!

Peggy!!!

Hey, Lego, can I get this as a real minifig? Pretty please?

PatrThom

PatrThom

Hey, Lego, can I get this as a real minifig? Pretty please?
Maybe spend a little quality time with a modeling program and a 3D printer?

--Patrick

Celt Z

Celt Z

Maybe spend a little quality time with a modeling program and a 3D printer?

--Patrick
Possibly, but that might end up being more expensive than buying the minifig in the long run.

strawman

strawman

Possibly, but that might end up being more expensive than buying the minifig in the long run.
Shoulda bribed tress to assign you to someone with a 3D printer...

PatrThom

PatrThom

Yes, it's always easier if you know someone.

[Removed for Copyright.]
--Patrick

evilmike

evilmike

We'll just have to go with the most obvious backup plan.

Convince Marvel to do a 'What if' movie featuring the character so we can then get a Lego set based on it. :)

Krisken

Krisken

Where is my Lego Voltron? I wants it!

Celt Z

Celt Z

We'll just have to go with the most obvious backup plan.

Convince Marvel to do a 'What if' movie featuring the character so we can then get a Lego set based on it. :)
You know, they already do something like this with Lego Batman minifigs. I think they're already on wave 3 or 4? They have the rights to Marvel. They'd make a killing if they did a similar series.

evilmike

evilmike

PatrThom

PatrThom

ZQrA6nO.jpg

This is supposedly a shot of "The Lego room" just before the person involved had to pack up and move.

I'm guessing his name is Zack.

--Patrick

evilmike

evilmike

Happy Birthday Lego!

60 years ago today, the patent for the Lego brick was filed in Denmark:

BErt

My brother is way into lego; he said something about a “brickfolio” worth $30K? Does that mean anything?

Anyway, i never wanted to really get into it because i have enough expensive hobbies already. But im staying with him currently and i got to put together the Ferrari F40 set last night. And maaaaan, that was a fun build. I just may have to get a few more.
182FD68F-3F56-4276-A445-35111BA64D7A.jpeg

Celt Z

Celt Z

My brother is way into lego; he said something about a “brickfolio” worth $30K? Does that mean anything?

Anyway, i never wanted to really get into it because i have enough expensive hobbies already. But im staying with him currently and i got to put together the Ferrari F40 set last night. And maaaaan, that was a fun build. I just may have to get a few more.
View attachment 26686
Li'l Z has been obsessed with the Speed Champions series, which is the tiny versions of these. He keeps eyeballing the bigger kits like this one, the VW Bug, the Mini Coop and I think there's a Mustang? I just look at the price tags and tell him as soon as he has his own income, he can get them.

jwhouk

jwhouk

I have the Mustang in front of me as we speak. :)

figmentPez

figmentPez

LEGO Chimera

Source
The chimera I designed for our new LEGO show. I cannot express how much of a labor of love this was. It took over 100 hours just to design, let alone build and is one of the largest and most complex sculptures I’ve done.

Fun fact: This model used every single LEGO color available in standard brick.

Celt Z

Celt Z

LEGO Chimera

Source
First off, that is goregeous and I love it. Second, one of the softball teams I used to play for was the Chimera, so I extra love it!

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

It looks so pixelated, the dragon especially.

PatrThom

PatrThom

It looks so pixelated, the dragon especially.
It’s all the dithering.

—Patrick

evilmike

evilmike

PatrThom

PatrThom

Oh good, someone posted the Lego Narnia.
The one I got linked to was something the media add-on didn't understand.

--Patrick

evilmike

evilmike

Daft Lego - Harder Better Faster Stronger

Also, JK Brickworks, who has a number of creations posted to this thread, had a design picked for a Lego Ideas set!

evilmike

evilmike

It doesn't look like Lego got the memo.

Warner Brothers is trying to make Aquaman cool, and possibly still "grimdark". You wouldn't know it by looking at this year's exclusive at San Diego ComicCon:

evilmike

evilmike

The latest Lego Ideas set has been revealed:
21311 – LEGO® Ideas Voltron

21311 – LEGO® Ideas Voltron
2321 pieces | Ages 16+
Price: $179.99
Available August 1, 2018. LEGO VIP Early Access: Jul 23, 2018.
**Limited quantities will be available for purchase first for attendees at San Diego’s Comic-Con (7/17-22)

Let’s go Voltron force in LEGO® style!
It’s time to defend the universe so get ready to form LEGO® Ideas 21311 Voltron, the biggest buildable LEGO mech ever! This awesome set features buildable and highly posable black, blue, yellow, red and green lions with specially designed, extra-strong joints to combine them all and create the Voltron super robot, plus a huge sword and shield that attach firmly to Voltron’s hands. Ideal for display or to recreate thrilling action from the original 1980s animated Voltron TV series and the modern DreamWorks Voltron: Legendary Defender series.

• Features 5 buildable and posable lions that can be transformed and combined to create the giant Voltron super robot.
  • Play with the lions individually or combine them using extra-strong joints to form Voltron—the black lion forms the head and torso; the red and green lions form the arms; and the yellow and blue lions form the legs.
  • Pose the head, shoulders, arms and wrists of Voltron (legs are not posable).
  • Also includes a sword and shield (each with silver-colored elements) that attach firmly to Voltron’s hands.
  • Includes a booklet with building instructions, plus information about the set’s fan creator and super force of LEGO® designers.
  • This set includes over 2,321 pieces.
  • Display or play out exciting stories from the original 1980s animated Voltron TV series and the modern DreamWorks Voltron: Legendary Defender series.
  • Voltron measures over 15” (40cm) high, 5” (14cm) long and 8” (21cm) wide.
  • Black lion measures over 6” (17cm) high, 8” (22cm) long and 5” (15cm) wide.
  • Yellow and blue lions each measure over 3” (8cm) high, 8” (21cm) long and 3” (8cm) wide.
  • Green and red lions each measure over 3” (8cm) high, 7” (18cm) long and 1” (5cm) wide.
  • Voltron’s sword measures 11” (29cm) long.
  • Voltron’s shield measures 6” (16cm) in diameter.
(Brothers Brick)

Krisken

Krisken

I’m so happy! Now to convince the wife. :)

evilmike

evilmike

An amazing fan creation by Alysa Kirkpatrick -- a life sized garden trellis, built entirely out of Lego:

(brothersbrick)

evilmike

evilmike

Lego has been teasing a James Bond inspired set. The details are sketchy, but it almost certainly a ~1200 piece Aston Martin DB5. It will be announced on July 18th at the London store. (Brickset)

Celt Z

Celt Z

Y U DO THIS TO ME, LEGO

Please stop making fancy car sets. We will be broke.

jwhouk

jwhouk

The obvious is an Aston Martin DB5 in Legos.

evilmike

evilmike

The Aston Martin revealed:

Brickset has a full review.

Zappit

Zappit

That Lego Voltron is pretty fucking cool.

jwhouk

jwhouk

$150 for the Lego DB5. Yeesh.

jwhouk

jwhouk

We gotta get this one over the hump: Trabant 601

PatrThom

PatrThom

We gotta get this one over the hump: Trabant 601
Well it’s not like a Trabby is going to get over that hill under its own power.

—Patrick

Krisken

Krisken

Lego Volton goes on sale next month to non VIP members. This is a public service announcement

evilmike

evilmike

evilmike

evilmike

jwhouk

jwhouk

drifter

drifter

Dave Dederer signature series, I see

evilmike

evilmike

It's not 100% Lego, but it's still impressive. (Warning, the video is a bit loud.)

figmentPez

figmentPez

It's not 100% Lego, but it's still impressive. (Warning, the video is a bit loud.)
More details on the construction, though they do still hide exactly what parts of the car are not LEGO. Seems to be mostly the wheels and drive train.

evilmike

evilmike

Lego box art from Renaud Petit

evilmike

evilmike

New Lego Ideas announcement:

evilmike

evilmike

The new pop-up book set revealed:

The 23rd LEGO Ideas set will be released on November 1st. Here's the press release:

21315 Pop-Up Book, 859 pieces

US $69.99 – CA $89.99 – DE 69.99€ – UK 59.99£ – FR 69.99€ – DK 599DKK – AU $109.99

Enjoy 2 classic fairy tales with this brick-mazing pop-up LEGO book!

Build, play and display the classic fairy tales Little Red Riding Hood and Jack and the Beanstalk with LEGO Ideas 21315 Pop-up Book!

This first-ever buildable pop-up book made from LEGO bricks opens to reveal the famous scene of grandmother’s forest cottage featuring opening door, bed and kitchen area.

Recreate the scene when Little Red Riding Hood meets the wolf or swap out grandmother’s cottage for the scene of the giant’s castle in the clouds.

This collectible toy features enough bricks to build both scenes or you can even build a scene of your own and makes a perfect creative gift. This LEGO set includes a booklet with a short history of pop-up books, a condensed history of each fairy tale in the set, as well as information about its fan designers and LEGO designers.

Includes 4 new-for-November-2018 LEGO minifigures: Little Red Riding Hood, Grandmother, the Wolf, and the Giant. Also includes 1 new-for-November-2018 microfigure: Jack.
First pop-up book in LEGO history features 2 different LEGO fairy tale stories: Little Red Riding Hood and Jack and the Beanstalk.
Build and display or recreate your own stories from 2 classic fairy tales with this imagination toy.
This LEGO Ideas set features enough bricks to build both fairy tales in the set or you can even build your own scene.
Includes a booklet featuring building instructions, a brief history of pop-up books, a short history of the 2 fairy tales in the set, plus information about this amazing classic fairy tale’s fan designers and LEGO designers.
Pop-up book measures over 7” (20cm) long and 5” (13cm) wide when closed, and over 11” (28cm) wide when open.
859 pieces – LEGO Ideas playset for boys and girls aged 12+ and for fans and big kids of all ages; This LEGO Ideas 21315 Pop-up Book building toy can be built together with all other original LEGO sets and LEGO bricks
Build and display or recreate 2 of the best known and most cherished classic fairy tales with this LEGO set: Little Red Riding Hood and Jack and the Beanstalk. You can even build your own scene and mount it in the book (Brickset)

evilmike

evilmike

Happy Halloween!

(DOGOD Brick Design)

evilmike

evilmike

Zappit

Zappit

Been surfing around Amazon, and one thing led to another, and I discovered Mobile Frame Zero.

I am highly intrigued by a Lego robot tabletop game. I read through the rule book, but it seems a bit over-complicated for its own good. I seriously think I can write a better, clearer set of rules for a game like this. I’m falling down a rabbit hole, and I’ve got some kits on the way.

Zappit

Zappit

Going to try writing a tabletop set of rules. Got a few ideas for the name of the game.

Universe of War
Mech Core
Mech Combat
Warcore

Pretty much got everything else figured out save for the name, though I do like Warcore.

PatrThom

PatrThom

"Heritage of Battle"
"Mechamelee"
"Slaughterbots"

I really wanted to make something out of the serendipity that "Manhit" is the name of an Egyptian goddess of war, but it would just be too contrived.

--Patrick

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

"Mecha Bloks"

drifter

drifter

"Ultimate Pew Pew Blockulator"

Zappit

Zappit

I decided to go with Warcore. I started posting early drafts of the rules in the Games and More sub forum, and will be updating them frequently.

drifter

drifter

I saw, I just want to come up with fun names like Building Unit Slayer Kings

evilmike

evilmike

Miscellaneous news from TLG

The Flintstones set from Lego Ideas is now available to VIP members. (Brickset review)

Another giant Lego kit to entice car nerds:
10265: Ford Mustang (Brickset review)

Finally, the announcement for the next Lego Ideas set:

Zappit

Zappit

Thought I’d throw up pictures of some of the mechs I’m building for the tabletop game I’m developing.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Those are some big swords.

--Patrick

evilmike

evilmike

Thought I’d throw up pictures of some of the mechs I’m building for the tabletop game I’m developing.
Nifty!

Zappit

Zappit

Those are some big swords.

--Patrick
Overcompensatron.

Most of those Mechs are Mybuild kits. Found them on Amazon. Pretty affordable, and really good quality for off-brand. I’ve been working on more original designs since. The green one is an original build.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Overcompensatron.
I read it like OH-ver-cum-PENCE-a-tron. That needs to become the name of whichever one has the biggest sword.

--Patrick

jwhouk

jwhouk

Another giant Lego kit to entice car nerds People like jwhouk:
10265: Ford Mustang (Brickset review)

FYP.

WANT.

evilmike

evilmike

Toy Story x Godzilla

(Simon Liu)

evilmike

evilmike

evilmike

evilmike

Introducing LEGO® Ideas 21317 Steamboat Willie

Hoot Hoot!! It's with huge delight we're able to reveal the first official images of Disney's TrueOriginal Mickey Mouse as known from his original screen debut appearance. Please welcome LEGO® Ideas 21317 Steamboat Willie.

Originally submitted by LEGO Ideas members Máté Szabó (a.k.a. szabomate90) in June 2016, it was adapted into the official LEGO version by LEGO Designer John Ho with all the decorated elements and Minifigures created by Graphic Designer Crystal Marie Fontan.

This 751 element LEGO Ideas Steamboat Willie set will be available from shop.LEGO.com and LEGO stores around the world from the 1st of April, 2019 (and it's not an April Fool's joke) for a recommended retail price of USD $89.99 / UK £79.99 / EURO 89.99 (*EURO pricing varies by country. For regional prices please visit shop.LEGO.com).

This LEGO brick version of the S.S. Willie features steam pipes that move up and down and paddle wheels that rotate when the boat is pushed along. The boat’s bridge has room for a minifigure and play-inspiring nautical details such as the ship’s wheel, life buoy and buildable bell.

On deck there is a working crane to lift the ‘potato bin’ cargo aboard and this unique toy building set comes with new-for-April-2019 Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse minifigures, each with special silver-colored decoration, plus a parrot figure.
(Brickset: Info, Review)​

PatrThom

PatrThom

And they remembered to leave off the white gloves!

—Patrick

chris

chris

With the gloves Disney would sue them.

But it's not complete without animals misused as music instruments.

PatrThom

PatrThom

With the gloves Disney would sue them.
That’s actually exactly what I was getting at.

—Patrick

figmentPez

figmentPez

It's not just Mickey getting the LEGO treatment:

But they're being released in blind bags.

chris

chris

Oh, they are official licensed

figmentPez

figmentPez

Did you think The Lego Group was into violating copyright law?

Celt Z

Celt Z

Did you think The Lego Group was into violating copyright law?
Now, now. No kink-shaming.

Zappit

Zappit

The Lego Reddit subforum is having a mech design contest. I built this - The Boom Box.

evilmike

evilmike

The Lego Reddit subforum is having a mech design contest. I built this - The Boom Box.

Neat. Does it have a voice like Soundwave?

Zappit

Zappit

Hey. Go to the LEGO subreddit:
Vote for the Boom Box. Downvote the comment/matchup it’s in to vote for me. I’m in a Lego Mech design contest!

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

evilmike

evilmike

Celt Z

Celt Z

I love that they remembered to give Lego Thor his belly!

evilmike

evilmike

After weeks of rumours, speculation, hype and leaks, here at last is the press release for what might just be the most surprising LEGO collaboration ever:

75810 The Upside Down, 2,287 pieces
US $199.99 – CA $269.99 – DE €199.99 – UK £179.99 – FR €199.99 – DK 1799DKK – AUD $349.99
Available now in brand stores and at shop.LEGO.com via these links: USA | Canada | UK | Germany | France

Clever design -- It can be displayed either way up:

(Brickset)

evilmike

evilmike

LEGO Creator Expert 10266 – NASA Apollo 11 Lunar Lander

1087 pieces | Ages 16+ | $99.99 USD | 139.99 CAD
Available June 1, 2019

Celebrate space exploration with the NASA Apollo 11 Lunar Lander!

Celebrate man’s first moon landing with this LEGO Creator Expert 10266 NASA Apollo 11 Lunar Lander building set—developed in cooperation with NASA to mark the 50th anniversary of a historical event that captivated the world. This collectible model features a highly detailed replica of Apollo 11’s Eagle lunar module, plus a depiction of the lunar surface, complete with crater, footprints and a U.S. flag. The descent stage comes with gold-colored landing pads and panels, opening camera and laser hatches, and a ladder, while the ascent stage has a detailed interior with room for 2 astronauts. Finished with an Apollo 11 Lunar Lander nameplate, this display model makes a great centerpiece for the home or office and provides a challenging and rewarding building experience full of nostalgia. Includes 2 astronaut minifigures with NASA decoration and golden helmets.

• Includes 2 astronaut minifigures with NASA decoration and golden helmets.
  • This advanced LEGO set features a detailed replica of the Eagle lunar lander with separate ascent and descent stages, plus a depiction of the lunar surface with crater, footprints and a U.S. flag.
  • Descent stage features new-for-June-2019 gold-colored landing pads and panels, opening camera and laser hatches and a ladder.
  • Ascent stage features a detailed interior with room for 2 astronaut minifigures.
  • Celebrate space exploration with this highly detailed display model.
  • Accessory elements include a brick-built video camera and laser reflector.
  • New-for-June-2019 decorated elements include an Apollo 11 Lunar lander nameplate and golden elements.
  • Measures over 7” (20 cm) high, 8” (22cm) wide and 7” (20cm) deep.

(Brothers Brick)

jwhouk

jwhouk

I already have a paper version of that on my desk. Don't have room for a LEGO version, sadly...

evilmike

evilmike

I already have a paper version of that on my desk. Don't have room for a LEGO version, sadly...
I hear you. I need to get organized so I can properly display the 3 Lego versions I already have.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Brabham BT52

PatrThom

PatrThom

thehighestground.jpg

--Patrick

evilmike

evilmike

That's funkier than I would expect from Obi-Wan.

evilmike

evilmike

JK Brickworks does it again:

evilmike

evilmike

Another cool set released as part of the Lego Ideas line:

Take a step back in time to when dinosaurs wandered the Earth with the all new LEGO® Ideas 21320 Dinosaur Fossils set. Dinosaur and LEGO brick fans alike can get their hands on this highly detailed set of brick-built fossils to proudly display on their desk or at home!

Originally submitted by Jonathan Brunn (a.k.a. Mukkinn in April 2017) from Perpignan, France, this set has been turned into the official set you see now by LEGO Designer Niels Milan Pedersen with the graphics designed by Crystal Marie Fontan.

You can learn more about Jonathan Brunn in his 10K Club Interview!

This set, consisting of 910 LEGO elements, including 2 minifigures, will be available to purchase on the 1st of November from shop.LEGO.com and LEGO stores around the world, for a recommended retail price of $59.99 / £54.99 / €59.99 (*EURO pricing varies by country. For regional prices please visit shop.LEGO.com).

Official Product Description
Learn about life on Earth millions of years ago and create a stunning centerpiece with this collectible LEGO® Ideas 21320 Dinosaur Fossils toy building kit for adults. This 910-piece set offers an immersive, creative building experience for natural history enthusiasts who will appreciate the authentic details of the 2 dinosaur skeleton models (Tyrannosaurus rex and Triceratops) and the pterosaur reptile (Pteranodon) skeleton toy. The models are built to 1:32 scale, can be adjusted into lifelike poses and each one comes with its own stand so they can be placed alongside the included sapiens skeleton figure for a museum-style display. To complete the set, there’s also a paleontologist toy minifigure with various accessories for imaginative role-play fun. All in all, this archaeology toy makes a great dinosaur gift for adults to build solo or to share their passion for natural history with family and friends.

evilmike

evilmike

LEGO reveals two new Chinese New Year sets for 2020 that combine into one gigantic festival

LEGO has revealed two new sets to celebrate the upcoming Chinese New Year: 80104 Lion Dance and 80105 Chinese New Year Temple Fair. Both sets feature an incredible amount of new prints, recoloring of pieces and a significant amount of minifigures which all combine into a large festival setting. So today we have your first look at the sets and minifigures along with a video for each. (Brothers Brick)

Celt Z

Celt Z

LEGO reveals two new Chinese New Year sets for 2020 that combine into one gigantic festival

LEGO has revealed two new sets to celebrate the upcoming Chinese New Year: 80104 Lion Dance and 80105 Chinese New Year Temple Fair. Both sets feature an incredible amount of new prints, recoloring of pieces and a significant amount of minifigures which all combine into a large festival setting. So today we have your first look at the sets and minifigures along with a video for each. (Brothers Brick)

Ouch, my wallet!

evilmike

evilmike

LEGO Guys Play “All I Want For Christmas Is You” In Your FAVORITE MOVIE Scenes! The Piano Guys

evilmike

evilmike

A brick-built Lego part sorter that uses a neural network to sort almost every Lego part ever. (Gizmodo)

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

20191228_210321.jpg

evilmike

evilmike

Making a Drone with Lego Motors and Propellers

jwhouk

jwhouk

No mention for the LEGO set that anyone in Manchester would want?

evilmike

evilmike

Good find.

I've been so busy lately, I haven't been able to keep up. Heck, I only just remembered to remind @Celt Z that the Chinese New Year sets are available.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Um, guys? This is about to happen...

evilmike

evilmike

Um, guys? This is about to happen...
Episode 1

evilmike

evilmike

Meet Rita Ebel. She makes wheelchair ramps out of Lego, earning herself the nickname 'Lego Grandma'. (RTE, Gizmodo)

evilmike

evilmike

Lego's First Nintendo Set Lets You Build Playable Super Mario Levels (io9)

PatrThom

PatrThom

"Yes," I hear you say, "but what if you used an axle made of steel?"

Science!

--Patrick

evilmike

evilmike

The build challenge on this week's Lego Masters also touched on the surprising strength of Lego constructions:

evilmike

evilmike

I had to double check the date for this one:

(Brothers Brick)

figmentPez

figmentPez

I think my favorites are the dragon, the Back to the Future Delorean, and the whales.

jwhouk

jwhouk

So what are people doing during quarantine?

Voting enough to approve of 26 possible new LEGO sets for possible release, that's what!

evilmike

evilmike

:whistling:

I'm amazed at how great all of the submissions are.

If I had to limit myself to just two:

Mini-fig Scale Project Gemini

The Iron Giant - 20th Anniversary Edition

evilmike

evilmike

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

They are also pulling all police themed sets.

evilmike

evilmike

They are also pulling all police themed sets.
It looks like this was a request to refrain from advertising these sets:

“We requested that our affiliate partners refrain from posting promotional LEGO content as part of our decision to respect #BlackOutTuesday and pause posting content on our social media channels in response to the tragic events in the US. We regret any misunderstanding and will ensure that we are clearer about our intentions in the future.” (ToyBook)

evilmike

evilmike

Seen on Reddit:

figmentPez

figmentPez

LEGO powered submarine

BErt

BErt

evilmike

evilmike

Wow. I knew Lego had made a cryptic announcement hinting at this, but they hadn't done the big reveal yet.

evilmike

evilmike

Star Wars: A New.... Life Day?

This November, Disney+ will play host to The Lego Star Wars Holiday Special, an animated 45-minute adventure that will see Rey, Finn, Poe, and Rose help Chewbacca race back to his homeworld of Kashyyyk in time to celebrate Life Day with his family (io9)

evilmike

evilmike

Really nice looking project popped up on Lego Ideas

Wallace & Gromit

evilmike

evilmike

Another interesting Lego Ideas submission:

Outer Solar System Explorers

PatrThom

PatrThom

Impressed. Even a little jealous.

--Patrick

figmentPez

figmentPez

Crimes against LEGO!

jwhouk

jwhouk

Problem is that BRXLZ construction uses this all the time in its methods.

jwhouk

jwhouk

A follow-up to the previous post: for those of you who didn’t see what @Bubble181 got me in the Secret Santa thread, I am attempting to put together the FOCO BRIXLZ model of Miller Park (home of the Milwaukee Brewers).

BRXLZ uses a “layer“ approach to construction diagrams, which both infuriates you and makes you feel like a klutz at the same time.

The roof arches (the part I’m on) uses methods of building that seemingly try to defy gravity.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

20210102_184254.jpg

jwhouk

jwhouk

Two Great Tastes that Taste Great Together: This is not Sus.

PatrThom

PatrThom

notsus.png

FTFY

--Patrick

BErt

BErt

If anyone was looking for this

evilmike

evilmike

It's that time of year again, in which @Celt Z is tempted by the Chinese New Year sets.

It looks like the bigger sets are back ordered, but it looks like the Brick Heads are in stock:

Celt Z

Celt Z

It's that time of year again, in which @Celt Z is tempted by the Chinese New Year sets.

It looks like the bigger sets are back ordered, but it looks like the Brick Heads are in stock:

I know! It's sooooo tempting. We actually have the dragon dancer guy above. But the pandas?? Awwwww!!

Celt Z

Celt Z

Whoever came up with this Community Lego playset is a genius and streets ahead of the rest of us!

:notes:Troy and Abed made of Legoooo

evilmike

evilmike

Whoever came up with this Community Lego playset is a genius and streets ahead of the rest of us!

:notes:Troy and Abed made of Legoooo
Six seasons and a Lego movie?

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

WANT. Want want want want want.

Celt Z

Celt Z

I couldn't figure out how to embed the pics from my phone, but every time I go through those, I catch new details. I already told Mr. Z if it comes out just like this, we're getting it, damn the pricetag! I think if it has the paintball details he'd get it regardless.

PatrThom

PatrThom

yellcat.jpg

source

Many, many more to see, not all of which are awesome meme recreations.

--Patrick

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

No Troy and Abed made of LEGO. :(

evilmike

evilmike

ASML (the semiconductor company) unveiled a custom LEGO art mural entitled “Serene Ultraviolet Waterfall” at its research and development manufacturing facility in Wilton, Connecticut. It took more than two months for professional brick artist Jessica ‘Ragzy’ Ewud to assemble the piece, which spans 20 feet wide by 5 feet high, It features more than 70,000 LEGO bricks. Selected out of thousands to compete on Fox’s hit television series “LEGO Masters,” Ewud’s finalist piece was displayed at LEGOLAND in Carlsbad, California. (SeeGreatArt)

Shawn

Shawn

ASML (the semiconductor company) unveiled a custom LEGO art mural entitled “Serene Ultraviolet Waterfall” at its research and development manufacturing facility in Wilton, Connecticut. It took more than two months for professional brick artist Jessica ‘Ragzy’ Ewud to assemble the piece, which spans 20 feet wide by 5 feet high, It features more than 70,000 LEGO bricks. Selected out of thousands to compete on Fox’s hit television series “LEGO Masters,” Ewud’s finalist piece was displayed at LEGOLAND in Carlsbad, California. (SeeGreatArt)

It has a very commodore 64 look to it.

evilmike

evilmike

Oh, bother...

INTRODUCING LEGO® IDEAS 21326 WINNIE THE POOH

This Winnie the Pooh set will be available to purchase on the 18th March for LEGO VIP members and otherwise from the 1st of April for all others from shop.LEGO.com and LEGO stores around the world, for a recommended retail price of US $99.99 – CA $139.99 – DE €99.99 – UK £89.99 – FR €109.99 – DK 899DKK (*EURO pricing varies by country. For regional prices please visit shop.LEGO.com).

Submitted to LEGO Ideas in 2019, Ben told us "I love Winnie the Pooh and remember my parents reading it to me as a child. I now read the same Winnie the Pooh stories to my children, so it is certainly something dear to my heart. I decided to make the set so that my children could bring to life our bedtime stories but never quite expected the positive reaction it has received.” You can learn more about Ben Alder in his 10K Club Interview.

Ben's nostalgic creation was brought to life as an official LEGO Ideas set by LEGO Model Designer Ilia Gotlib and LEGO Graphic Designer Ashwin Visser. The incredible new LEGO elements representing the various characters were designed by LEGO Element Designers, Felipe Telles, Anne Chen, Simon Wilson.

Shawn

Shawn

I love it but what the heck is with that price?

Fun Size

Fun Size

Seriously. That's pretty steep for 1265 pieces.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

It's also a Disney themed set. I'm sure the licensing wasn't cheap.

evilmike

evilmike

LEGO 10283 NASA Space Shuttle Discovery with Hubble Revealed

2021 marks the 40th anniversary of the first NASA Space Shuttle flight in 1981, and LEGO is marking the occasion by launching its biggest shuttle set yet. 10283 NASA Space Shuttle Discovery rings in at 2,354 pieces and features the iconic orbiter on its most famous mission, STS-31. This 1990 mission launched the renowned Hubble Telescope, which is still in operation. The new 18+ Creator Expert set will be available starting April 1, and will retail for US $199.99 | CAN $TBD | UK £169.99.

LEGO sat down with Dr. Kathy Sullivan, a former astronaut who served as a mission specialist on STS-31, to reveal the set and discuss the mission to launch Hubble, as well as talk about engaging children in STEM and space exploration. The full interview can be viewed on LEGO.com/gobeyond.

(BrothersBrick)

evilmike

evilmike

Amazing build spotted on YouTube

BErt

BErt

Run DMC approved

mikerc

mikerc

Run DMC approved
Why would you make a shoe out of LEGO off all things? My feet are twitching in agony at the mere thought of it.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

Run DMC approved
They cost more than the actual shoe. (kids size...adult size is $5 more than the lego. Which is still insane)

evilmike

evilmike

The upcoming wave of collectible minifigs is based on the Disney+ MCU shows:

It should be available September 1st.
(Gizmodo)​

What If...? is also getting two sets:
76194: Tony Stark's Sakaarian Iron Man

76201: Captain Carter & The Hydra Stomper

evilmike

evilmike

figmentPez

figmentPez

Illegal LEGO builds!

@Li3n

@Li3n

Having passed next to a Lego store yesterday, and seeing most of these, you guys missed some interesting ones:

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/seinfeld-21328

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/the-friends-apartments-10292

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

These are really fucking cool but I will just look cause that price tag.
That's because Lego realized some time ago that there's lots of money in adult geek nostaliga. These ain't for kids.

Far

Far

To be fair, MOST lego is expensive, I get why with their machining tolerances for the bricks, quality in general and then the licensing for the properties but I just can't justify more than looking.

@Li3n

@Li3n

That's because Lego realized some time ago that there's lots of money in adult geek nostaliga. These ain't for kids.
The Seinfeld one actually had a box there in the store, and had a 18+ tag on it.

evilmike

evilmike

Speaking of expensive Lego sets. Shop at Home is now taking pre-orders for one of the largest sets ever :

10294 Titanic

• Model measures: Height: 17.5 in. (44cm), Width: 6 in. (16cm), Length: 53 in. (135cm)
  • 9,090 pieces
  • Accurate replica of the RMS Titanic, complete with plaque and display stand
  • Large scale model which can easily be moved and displayed for maximum enjoyment
  • Detailed interior cross sections including the First Class Grand Staircase, Dining Saloon and Engine Room
  • Price: €629.99 / $629.99 / £569.99.

(Lego Shop at Home)

The reviews are generally quite positive:

a Titanic that’s four and a half feet long is an experience. The details are wonderful, and the way the set is designed to allow tandem building with up to two others is something more large sets should incorporate. The build is interesting and engaging at every point, with the tedious porthole portions nicely broken up and spread out throughout the build. The geometry for the hull shaping is magnificent, and the deck details seem closer to a fan creation than an official model, (BrothersBrick)

Also, Meowthra included for scale:

Celt Z

Celt Z

What, no Jack and Rose minifigs? Pffft!

;)

chris

chris

"Iceberg sold separately"

evilmike

evilmike

Lego Ideas announces two new sets and one that is being held for further review:

The Office

Jazz Quartet

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs

PatrThom

PatrThom

"Requires further revew" must be code for "Please, Disney, don't sue us."

--Patrick

Celt Z

Celt Z

The Office one is clever, but I'm still mad about the Community set.

evilmike

evilmike

The Office one is clever, but I'm still mad about the Community set.
There is reason to hope. All of the sets mentioned in the results this time were resubmissions or reworks. In fact, there is another Community set gaining votes.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

"Requires further revew" must be code for "Please, Disney, don't sue us."

--Patrick
If they don't design or name the Dwarves after the 7 from the movie (or do the same with Snow White's design), Disney doesn't have a leg to stand on. That's literally the only original elements they own of that story.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Oh, I know the story is much older than Disney.
But I also know there's no guarantee they won't try.
Especially with the expiration date on their copyright of the movie hurtling towards them in just 143½ months.

--Patrick

evilmike

evilmike

It's kind of a moot point. Lego and Disney have already collaborated on over 100 sets.

chris

chris

If they don't design or name the Dwarves after the 7 from the movie (or do the same with Snow White's design), Disney doesn't have a leg to stand on. That's literally the only original elements they own of that story.
And that's just the problem. They designed the set after the Disney movie. I had my suspicion seeing one dwarf whithout a beard but looking at the other pictures makes it all to clear. They even use the Disney font.

evilmike

evilmike

LEGO® Ideas 21330 Home Alone

This LEGO Ideas Home Alone set will be available to purchase on the 1st of November from shop.LEGO.com and LEGO stores around the world, for a recommended retail price of US $249.99 – CA $349.99 – DE €249.99 – UK £249.99 – FR €249.99 – DK 1999DKK (*EURO pricing varies by country. For regional prices please visit shop.LEGO.com).

Alex Storozhuk's nostalgic Home Alone set was turned into an official LEGO Ideas set by LEGO Model Designers Antica Bracanov & Enrique Belmonte Beixer, as well as Graphic Designer Kirsten Bay Nielsen.

evilmike

evilmike

Two new sets for Chinese New Year

Obligatory ping for @Celt Z

evilmike

evilmike

The LEGO Group announces the new epic LEGO® Star Wars™ AT-AT™ set – the latest launch in the Ultimate Collector Series set (UCS) line-up...

This immense new LEGO model is massive in size and detail, paying homage to the gigantic vehicles in the film. It features 6,785 pieces, a movable head, spinning guns, adjustable legs, and side panels that open to reveal amazingly detailed interiors.

Model measures:

Height: 62cm / 24.5 inches

Length: 69cm / 27 inches

Width: 24cm / 9.5 inches

Pieces 6785

The latest LEGO Star Wars Ultimate Collector Series set featuring sliding side doors which open to detailed interiors, a movable head, adjustable legs, movable/spinnable guns, speeder bikes, an E-Web cannon

The set includes 9 minifigures based on the following characters and elements from Star Wars: Luke Skywalker, General Veers, two AT-AT drivers, a Snowtrooper Commander and four Snowtrooper minifigures

Price:  $799.99 / £749.99 / € 799.99

(Lego)

It includes a tool for adjusting the poses of the legs.

The tool is also Lego.

(Brothers Brick)

Finally, io9 has already compiled a list of reasons that you can justify the purchase. :)

Celt Z

Celt Z

Oh man, I can't let Li'l Z see this. He already made his Christmas list!

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

Oh man, I can't let Li'l Z see this. He already made his Christmas list!
I wouldn't let my kids see it because..
1636482400348.png

Celt Z

Celt Z

Yeah, that was the main reason. That's like... several times his Christmas budget. Ain't no way we're spending anything close to that on ONE Lego set.

Shawn

Shawn

I love legos so much, but $800 is way too much for a single set.

drifter

drifter

For $800 that thing needs to be fully remote controlled and shoot real freakin' lasers.

And while I'm wishing for the impossible, it's also remote controlled via VR interface.

evilmike

evilmike

Hermit Crab by Flickr User Redverse

PatrThom

PatrThom

We usually get the LEGO Star Wars advent calendar for our kid every year.
$40 at WalMart, but on sale today for $32...except that they were all gone when I got there. Wife said there was one available for immediate in-store pickup in a town 30mi away but that one literally sold out while she was looking at the listing.
Strangely enough, Amazon has 214 new sellers as of today with this exact item for $55 plus shipping. Weird.

--Patrick

evilmike

evilmike

We usually get the LEGO Star Wars advent calendar for our kid every year.
$40 at WalMart, but on sale today for $32...except that they were all gone when I got there. Wife said there was one available for immediate in-store pickup in a town 30mi away but that one literally sold out while she was looking at the listing.
Strangely enough, Amazon has 214 new sellers as of today with this exact item for $55 plus shipping. Weird.

--Patrick
https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalo...y=[Holiday & Event][Advent][Star Wars]#T=S&O={%22ss%22:%22US%22,%22cond%22:%22N%22,%22ii%22:0,%22loc%22:%22US%22,%22iconly%22:0}