Export thread

149 inch OLED-Display from Mitsubishi at ISE-2010

Hylian

Hylian

http://www.oled-display.net/picture...inch-oled-display-from-mitsubishi-at-ise-2010

We are in Amsterdam at the ISE-2010 event and happy to see the 149 inch OLED screen from Mitsubishi. This is the world first scalable OLED screen technology.
The display looks amazing, the panels are produced with come partner in Japan. No word about which company does produce this panels. Mitsubishi shows us the OLED display with following dimension: 3264x1920 m. At around 6.2 m² or 149 inch. this is considerably larger than any existing commercial product. The screen resolution of 1088 x 640 pixels at 3 mm pixel pitch delivers sharp, vibrant images, viewable even at close range.The modules are truly edge less so that any shape of screen can be created without visible borders. At 1500 cd/m² the light output of the prototype system is already several times brighter than an average LCD Display. Mitsubishi want to make it suitable for indoor digital signage applications in relatively brightly lit areas.
Here are the technical details:

• Outline: 2471mm (H) x 3516mm(W)x81,5 mm (D)
  • Screen Size: 1920x3264mm
  • Screen resolution: 1088x640 pixels
  • Pixel pitch: 3 mm
  • Resolution: 111.111 pixels per sq.m.
  • Brightness: 1.500 cd/m²
  • Gray scale: per color 4.096 gradation
  • Minimum viewing distance: 2 m
Mitsubishi want to introduce this product in 2011 in to the market.

Chibibar

wow.... pretty!

Calleja

Calleja

Is Hylian working for Mitsubishi now? :paranoid:

Hylian

Hylian

Is Hylian working for Mitsubishi now? :paranoid:

No but I have been keeping an eye out on OLED TV's drooling over them,. And So far the only real OLED TV out there right now is a 11" Sony model that costs over $2,000. They have been saying it would take until 2012 to a 40" OLED TV so I was surprised when I heard they showed off a 149" OLED TV. Granted it probably costs a fortune but I bet the colors and clarity are amazing.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Bah! It's not even HD.

Hylian

Hylian

Bah! It's not even HD.

But it shows progress with the technology. Just think in a few years our current LCD/Plasma TV's could look like garbage in comparison.