[Gaming] 2017 Games (PC, Console, Handheld, WE WELCOME ALL GAMES))

Because I'm not letting Jay split the threads this year, hoo hah!

What we all looking forward to next year? Probably a bunch of stuff that got delayed from this year, for starters, but also things that were destined for 2017 in the first place. Some of mine ...

Persona 5

This is not the first time I've mentioned this game in one of these threads, because, well:

Yeah. But I really believe it's coming in February April 2017!

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

I'm still not sure if I'm going to get this for Wii U, or wait until it comes out for Switch and just get them both. I guess that'll depend on details about the Switch (three months away and we still have a lot of questions) and it's proposed line-up for the future. But the game looks fantastic and definitely looking forward to it.

Yooka-Laylee

Still excited for this! Looks like it'll fill the void left by the good Rare days.

And apparently Shovel Knight is an NPC? Okay. Speaking of which!

Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment

I know, it's a (free) DLC campaign, but they really seem to have redone the game from the ground up with new levels, bosses, and a new story for Specter Knight, creating a Shovel Knight prequel within the engine of the same game. So fuck it, that sounds like enough of a new game for me to look forward to it among the top new stuff coming out next year.

That's all my big definite stuff next year so far. Sadly a lot of the AAA stuff just isn't drawing me attention. I'm certainly curious about some games though, so mention goes to

Horizon Zero Dawn
Nioh (assuming FromSoftware doesn't have something coming out in secret--please!)

How about you guys?

Horizon Zero Dawn

Spider-Man

Red Dead Redemption

Since none of these will make it to PC, I am seriously considering getting a PS4.

Since none of these will make it to PC, I am seriously considering getting a PS4.
Sony's really locked it in this gen. Nioh is also PS4 exclusive. I read that Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite will be too. Then of course there's already Bloodborne and Until Dawn.

And don't forget Godzilla! :awesome:

South Park: The Fractured But Whole

(Trailer says December 6th, but the release has been pushed back until next year since then.)

I'm not even going to bother saying Half-Life 3 this year. Not even in jest. That's right, I'm the biggest Half-Life fanboy ever, but the even biggest Half-Life fanboy in the world would be jaded by such a long wait.

... Half-Life 3! Whee!

Dave

Staff member
I can't even think of a game I'm waiting for this year. I guess I have to look at some release dates to see.

I'm not even going to bother saying Half-Life 3 this year. Not even in jest. That's right, I'm the biggest Half-Life fanboy ever, but the even biggest Half-Life fanboy in the world would be jaded by such a long wait.

... Half-Life 3! Whee!
There are other stages of grief besides denial.

GasBandit

Staff member
You want something none of the Dawn of War games have had?
Perhaps I should rephrase. I would not plan to buy it until Imperial Guard is implemented. To be fair, I didn't even buy the first Dawn of War until Dark Crusade. And their exclusion from Dawn of War 2 was only a small part of my disappointment with it.

I've been seeing pre-order ads just today, actually.

I wonder if there are any old pre-orders needing to be redeemed a la Duke Nukem Forever.