NCAA Football Thread

Except when it comes to playing football.

First time since the 19th Century that Wisconsin will not host football.

Dave

Staff member
I suspect that this is the reason why many of the schools within the Big 10 voted to cancel the season.
I read something about how they did it to stop players from forming a union and upsetting the whole "amateurism" thing. A bunch of players in Michigan were banding together to protest unsafe working & playing conditions and would have needed to be classified as employees - which there is legal precedence for - which would upset the applecart of profiting off of the players' names and likenesses. This came out less than 5 days after the Big 10 released their revised schedule, and caused the Big 10 to completely change course.

I'll see if I can find the article. I think it was in the LA Times.

It'd be really funny if the reason why college football died was because of the threat of union organization and not because of COVID.

If anybody DOES get injured by lightning, will it still count if they don’t report it? Also how will we know they didn’t jump in a bathtub with a toaster earlier in the day?

—Patrick

0D9C65CF-CD31-4482-A5FB-C4AB9AB575FF.jpeg
but sure, let’s keep vilifying those “Democrat Governors” in the midwest because The Big Ten decided to postpone, even though it was the collective decision of the school presidents. Yeah, totally a political reason and not because everyone could see this coming. Its just gonna get worse, i hope the ESS EE SEE fans enjoy the maybe 4 games theyre gonna get through before everything gets cancelled. :mad:

Word is they're reconsidering that decision. Another word is they saw other schools making money by playing and want their cut.
Yeah ive heard both of those things and i believe it. Im not under any delusion that the B1G school presidents actually care about student athletes health - i mean i think all of them have at least partially in-house classes. They wanted to get out ahead of what they assumed was going to be every conference following suit and it bit them in the ass.

...it would really be hilarious if they cancelled when other teams didnt, they see other teams getting revenue, they cast an emergency vote to start up in October, and then all the other conferences shut down anyway because of too many positive tests:rolleyes:

Mike Leach just Mike Leached all over the SEC - beats LSU one week then the next weeks gives Arkansas their first conference win in 3 years

How is this:
1) a football score
2) an SEC football score
3) an SEC football score that Mike Leach coached the losing team in
BC7A3F8A-6293-4F65-B72B-BDA0B65118D1.jpeg

Dave

Staff member
Dumb fucks.

A coworker from my team and his wife were diagnosed with Covid. He was diagnosed Monday. And he's in a band that played last Friday at a packed bar. He REALLY didn't want to play it but he needed the money so bad he went ahead with it. He's regretting the decision and my guess is the bar will as well.