[NHL] 2021-2022 NHL Season

Watching opening night, 2nd intermission with this season’s news broadcast team. I like that they’ve brought in Messier and Chelios as part of the team. Two guys that can actually discuss hockey unlike some past years with the other networks.

Tampa is currently trailing a Crosby and Malkin-less Pittsburgh 2-0.

Here’s to a great season

Okay, I think I figured it out.

Rags had it on a clear, and they were trying to get a line change. Only got one guy off the ice as McDavid corralled the puck. Last Oiler skater got onside, and McD just decided to rush them. Two D in front, winger trying to pinch at the line, far winger doing a u-turn to try to disrupt the play. Wingers are probably gassed, and D-pair are probably just shocked to see McDavid rushing at them. He dipsy-doodles through them, leaving both wingers waving at air. Goalie is going, WTF are these guys doing in front of me Oh CRAP OH CRAP DAMNIT! And he guessed wrong on the final move, while all McD had to do was skate it into the net. Soon as he let it slide into the net, he’s got his mouthpiece out, circling around and celebrating loudly.

Bad clear, bad line change, bad turnover, bad commit, bad bad bad BAD goal allowed by Rags.

The fourth line center of the Kraken could have scored on that one.

ADDENDUM - Didn’t see that McD had actually mishandled the clear attempt that resulted in the Oilers all having to get onside. I still contend that the Kraken could have scored here.

Word is the Fenway Group is very interested in buying the Penguins. Looks like the purchase price would be about $900 million.

Although I'm assured this is a Good Thing, the Pirates fan side of me is raging.

Might make for some interesting Winter Classic/Stadium Series events...

"Wait, why are the Penguins wearing their home uniforms here at Fenway?"