[NHL] 2021-2022 NHL Season

Three things in life are certain:

Death.
Taxes.
The Buffalo Sabres will never get the #1 overall pick in the draft lottery.

Watching the Stars/Flames game tonight and being introduced to Leah Hextall doing play by play. I don’t like her style. I don’t like her voice. Especially didn’t like that she apparently was trying to eat her mike during the first couple of minutes of the game. When the play gets exciting her voice raises in octave and she becomes harder to understand. She also seems to favor trying to use too many words to describe the action and ends up being several seconds from what is currently happening on the ice. Really wish I had the option to chose a different play by play to listen to.

I have 2 theories: since we cut cable in our house and I can't watch any hockey, Leafs win the cup. And Leafs exit before the 2nd round, because fuck them thats why.

Well, the Leafs did the Leafs thing… need Florida to step up and knock off the in state rival. Tired of the Lightning.

Damn, Edmonton is making Dallas look like they were really Stanley Cup contenders. At the current pace of this game Calgary will have half the goals they totaled in the entire series against Dallas.

I'm a bit late to the party, but just for the record: I have actually seen a professional hockey game at the Mullett Ice Arena.

Just not the one you all think it is. See, I saw the game at the one named for the father of the one who the ASU facility is named for. Ironically, that guy - Donald "Donze" Mullett - built the one I've seen pro hockey in for a high school hockey program in my former hometown of Hartland, Wisconsin. The common denominator is that both he and his dad were former executives at the Bradley Corporation - the company that grew from Allen Bradley, a long-time major manufacturer in the Milwaukee area.

You might recognize that name from a certain arena that was near and dear to my heart (and was torn down to make room for the "Deer District" at the FiServ Forum). The Bradley Center was named after Jane Bradley Pettit's father, Harry L. Bradley, was co-founder of Allen-Bradley with his brother Lynde (that's what the L stands for).

So where does Mullett come in? Well, Harry had this thing about sanitation, and in an effort to maintain a large number of sinks for washing up in a small space, he came up with a unique design for a "wash fountain" - essentially, a community sink that had multiple sprinkler-like faucet heads that could be activated with a bar or foot pedal, allowing users to easily wash their hands and not requiring multiple sinks.

Though Harry held the patent, he was too busy in the semiconductor business to manufacture these sinks, so he sold the patent to three gentlemen - one of whom was Howard A. Mullett. His son, Howard G. Mullett, was the one who the Mullett Ice Arena in Hartland is named for. His son, "Donze", was the third generation CEO of the Bradley Corporation, makers of this new "washfountain".

The Mulletts are still involved in the Bradley Corporation, as Bryan Mullett - Donze's grandson - is now the CEO of the company.

Oh, and the "professional team" that I saw play at the Mullett was the Milwaukee Admirals hosting the Chicago Wolves, back when it opened in the late 1990's. Back then, the Coyotes hadn't even thought about moving out of the old America West Arena in downtown Phoenix.