6th anniversary today

For now the Facebook post has been deleted.

--Patrick
Fixed. Hadda scrape it from facebook and put it on Youtube. Even though the video was set to public, it still wasn't showing due to "privacy settings" for some reason.

My old eyes just ain't what they used to be. Only got 1/2 way through the kit before my vision was too blurry to continue. Will have to pick it back up tomorrow. But I did get the top half of the Falcon almost complete! :D

Attachments

Bonus, my son knew exactly what it was when I pulled out the top half and started working on it at the dinner table this afternoon. I'm raising a proper little nerd. :D

Man, I put the x wing together from that company. What a pain in the ass! I wonder if the Falcon was any easier.

Man, I put the x wing together from that company. What a pain in the ass! I wonder if the Falcon was any easier.
I have an X Wing, too. I'll let you know when I get to it how they compare. The Falcon was plenty of a pain, though the optivisor made things so much better.

I have an X Wing, too. I'll let you know when I get to it how they compare. The Falcon was plenty of a pain, though the optivisor made things so much better.
Falcon is much easier. The X-wing has so many tiny parts, and you have to roll pieces into a rounded shape. I stopped on the X-wing to take a break when I got to the point when I had to roll up the rear engines and fit the two rolled parts together (which is damn hard to do if you don't roll them up pretty perfectly). Maddening.

There's very little of that in the falcon.

fade

Staff member
I was going to say those kits seem like a good way to slice up your fingers, but didn't someone make a silly youtube video about that already?

I havent run into any sharp parts either.

Have chipped a few nails, though, when I gave into my natural inclination to bend those tabs down with my fingernails instead of some tools.

these things have been lasting me for a long time, plus I bought a few Harry Potter sets when I went to Universal last year. I just finished up a Destroyer Droid....here's a few of the models I've made over the last couple years. I only really get the bug to build these every 2-4 months. Each one usually takes me 2-3 days, and then I'm done for a while.

1582481504251.png
1582481527726.png
1582481552298.png
1582481601709.png

1582481623502.png
1582481646565.png

Built me an Iron Man. The package warned that it wasn't for beginners. No lie! It had 8 pages of instructions (instead of 1 or 2), and it had 4 sheets of parts instead of the standard two (plus a 5th tiny sheet with the 3 silver pieces needed). Most models take me a 2-3 hour session to complete. This one took five of them (sessions, not hours).

I'm getting too many of these to keep them on my desk, so I built some shelves for them. :D

2020-03-06 09.04.14.jpg
2020-03-06 11.16.13.jpg
2020-03-06 11.16.18.jpg

surprisingly, the pieces aren't sharp. I mostly work them with my bare hands, using tools on the smallest pieces. I haven't cut myself yet.

Last edited: