90's party!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a nineties (1990, not 1900) costume party this saturday, and while I have some ideas about the clothing I'll wear, I'd like to hear some of your ideas.

My plan is to wear a backwards baseball hat, shave my beard into a goatee, wear some high jeans, nike sneakers, and an open, large buttondown shirt wit a t-shirt under it. I'll also try to find some old sunglasses my brother used to wear that look kinda like this

Have you got any ideas that are better than this? How did YOU dress up during the 90's?

J

Joe Johnson

Oh crap, people are doing 90's themed parties now? I really AM old!

After a brief search to remind myself:

baggy army pants cut off shirts or tank tops

Go grunge. Wear a Nirvana tshirt, holy jeans and a flannel shirt. Make sure your hair looks dirty and messy, and there you go. ;)

Wear your clothes backwards (hah, I'd forgotten about that one!)

But Wikipedia has a very comprehensive entry on 1990's fashion, which includes one of the stronger "definitely 90's" styles:
One of the most significant events in 1990s fashion was the rise of grunge fashion in 1991.[1] Grunge fashion consisted of both sexes wearing flannel shirts and other typical outdoor clothing, often bought in thrift shops. The general appearance was unkempt and androgynous[dubious – discuss]. The rise of grunge fashion coincided with the rise to mainstream popularity of grunge music from Seattle. Popular colors in grunge fashion included white, black, red, forest green, indigo, and brown.

You could always go as:

X-Files
Monica Lewinsky
OJ Simpson
Seinfeld
Baywatch
Forest Gump
Chris Farley
Wayne's World
Disney classic animation movies
but of course I think you would be smashing as a Power Ranger

My plan is to wear a backwards baseball hat, shave my beard into a goatee, wear some high jeans, nike sneakers, and an open, large buttondown shirt wit a t-shirt under it. I'll also try to find some old sunglasses my brother used to wear that look kinda like this
...this is what I normally wear on a daily basis....I feel sad now...*cries*

But, what were the Spaniards wearing back then?

---------- Post added at 02:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 PM ----------

Ooooh Z-Chavarichi baggy fashion pants...

I have a nineties (1990, not 1900) costume party this saturday, and while I have some ideas about the clothing I'll wear, I'd like to hear some of your ideas.

Have you got any ideas that are better than this? How did YOU dress up during the 90's?

What if I dress up as a power ranger... wearing the power glove??

XD You are giving me good ideas. I'll try and see if I can get a T-shirt from some nineties show or band and a flannel shirt.

...this is what I normally wear on a daily basis....I feel sad now...*cries*
Don't be sad, I also dress a lot like that... I just added the baseball cap, the sunglasses and the radical attitude. Kowabunga!

Wait, that's 80's, isn't it?

---------- Post added at 08:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 PM ----------

Zubaz, although I'm guessing almost no one in Spain would get it.
I didn't, but it does look ninetiesque.

RANT: I wanna go to a themed non-Halloween party. Only ever been to one that I can remember, and that was like a month ago.

Gray or brown flannels and jeans.
This, but it takes more. Make sure the shirt looks dirty (not unclean, just dirty), has holes in it, the holes in some areas are covered in duct tape or stitched together poorly, and jeans are well worn with knee holes and such.

Oh, and while a Nirvana shirt will do, an Alice in Chains shirt would do better.

fade

Staff member
Cross colors and a fade haircut. Fine young cannibals blaring in the background.

---------- Post added at 11:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 PM ----------

Er, I mean "Fade" as in kid n' play, not me.

This wouldnt work if you are trying to go as a grunge kid but you could take a cordless house phone and call it your cell phone. A cd player is always a good accessory maybe a beanie since you are going grunge without messy hair

Well, maybe I won't be grunge grunge. Just... grunge influenced?

I don't know, maybe I'll just use a large button down shirt on a white t-shirt, no squares or anything.

The Cd player is an AWESOME idea!

Also keep in mind the skateboard culture hit pretty heavy in the 90's. Boards which were really wide were the in thing. If you have access to an old beat up board, that would do.

Status
Not open for further replies.