>___< "In a Woman's World"

Status
Not open for further replies.
That sound you can hear is the sound of my head banging into my desk. Way to play up every negative sterotype of a woman guys... what next, having them seduce rich husbands and then take them for all their cash to spend on SHOES?!?

W

Wasabi Poptart

My husband asked me if I was watching a face transplant because of the look on my face while I watched that little video. :bush:

Though I have to admit that I'd be slightly upset if my hairdresser left her salon. So far she's the only one who (a) hasn't fucked up my hair and (b) hasn't gone insane.

GasBandit

Staff member
Charlie Dont Surf said:
for your next post, will it be a jewish person under the same sign? or a black fellow under a Fried Chicken sign?
Captain Offended tooooo the rescuuuuue! :eyeroll:

Charlie Dont Surf said:
GasBandit said:
On the next episode...

for your next post, will it be a jewish person under the same sign? or a black fellow under a Fried Chicken sign?

I didn't get through the youtube, it was pretty stupid.
He's commenting that the video had the stereotypes. Hence the offensive cartoon which is along the same lines as the video. GB was using humor to parody the video's content.

The more you know...

W

WolfOfOdin

:eyeroll: You could raise how most, if not all commercials portray men as helpless idiots who are incapable of doing anything without a woman's help.

Both are offensive, this one was just laughably stupid and outdated. They might as well call it "sex and the city animated"

Q

quandofloo

North_Ranger said:
Uh-huh.

I need the address of the person responsible, three frag grenades and a helicopter.
That's probably going to be one long ass helicopter ride. Maybe you should take an airplane first.

Charlie Dont Surf said:
Well, I kind of assumed GB would find that cartoon funny normally.
I might, too. But under the circumstances this was an unfounded assumption.

edit: By "I might, too" I mean that I find it funny. Especially during those times when we are having trouble getting by and my wife goes shopping. Grain of truthiness and all that.

North_Ranger said:
Uh-huh.

I need the address of the person responsible, three frag grenades and a helicopter.
Got it covered. I'll be there in five minutes. Ten if I don't find an immediate good landing spot.

I

Iaculus

ThatNickGuy said:
North_Ranger said:
Uh-huh.

Got it covered. I'll be there in five minutes. Ten if I don't find an immediate good landing spot.
Landing spot?

C

Chibibar

my wife laughs... she does like the shopping one cause she is like that.

We could be discussing about how hungry we are and food and she will walk PASS the foodcourt and go shopping FIRST then food (after say... couple of hours) I kid you not!

J

JONJONAUG

Edrondol said:
Charlie Dont Surf said:
GasBandit said:
On the next episode...

I didn't get through the youtube, it was pretty stupid.
He's commenting that the video had the stereotypes. Hence the offensive cartoon which is along the same lines as the video. GB was using humor to parody the video's content.

The more you know...
Now you see if I had done the same thing you would've locked the topic and I'd have to PM you about me just doing the same thing and you wouldn't unlock the topic and I'd complain about you not liking fun.

Also, the OP video made me laugh because it's apparently supposed to be tailored to women...although come to think of it a lot of the stuff on Lifetime isn't any better in the stereotypical characters category and that gets enough ratings to stay in business.

Lifetime is the worst at stereotyping women. Just like Maxim and SpikeTV stereotypes men. Know why? Because these stereotypes exist for a reason.

Both cater to those who exemplify the gender in popular culture - the woman who wants equality while still getting romance and having the door held open for her; the guy who appears vulnerable but can still kick ass and get the hot chicks to take off their tops in his Camero.

I've never understood why we're trying to hard to fix the obvious and genetically built in differences between men & women instead of celebrating these differences.

C

Chibibar

Edrondol said:
Lifetime is the worst at stereotyping women. Just like Maxim and SpikeTV stereotypes men. Know why? Because these stereotypes exist for a reason.

Both cater to those who exemplify the gender in popular culture - the woman who wants equality while still getting romance and having the door held open for her; the guy who appears vulnerable but can still kick ass and get the hot chicks to take off their tops in his Camero.

I've never understood why we're trying to hard to fix the obvious and genetically built in differences between men & women instead of celebrating these differences.
cause the general public is generally stupid??

C

Chronos[Ha-G]

Chibibar said:
Edrondol said:

Both cater to those who exemplify the gender in popular culture - the woman who wants equality while still getting romance and having the door held open for her; the guy who appears vulnerable but can still kick * and get the hot chicks to take off their tops in his Camero.

cause the general public is generally stupid??
No matter what you're arguing for/against, this always always always holds true.

Edrondol said:

Do you honestly think women are genetically built in to be more emotional and men are genetically disposed to be stoic and emotionally "strong"?

Edrondol said:
I was going to totally write up this wise and insighful response on mankind's attempts, as a species, to overcome societal flaws induced through our genetic history through knowledge and understanding, but the fact is I'm all tired out from kicking ass and getting hot chicks to take their tops off in my Camero.

Maybe tomorrow.

J

JONJONAUG

Charlie Dont Surf said:
Edrondol said:

Do you honestly think women are genetically built in to be more emotional and men are genetically disposed to be stoic and emotionally "strong"?
That depends.

Charlie Dont Surf said:
Edrondol said:

Both cater to those who exemplify the gender in popular culture - the woman who wants equality while still getting romance and having the door held open for her; the guy who appears vulnerable but can still kick * and get the hot chicks to take off their tops in his Camero.

Tendencies that reflect a shift between two groups. There is still a lot of overlap but also a general trend that slightly separates them.

You could have a man more emotional than a woman, of course, but a randomly drawn sample would show that men tend to be less emotional than women. It isn't a dichotomy but a trend. And yes, trends can have a genetic component.

Charlie Dont Surf said:
Edrondol said:

I think men & women are genetically different. I didn't go into the emotional side of it. But since you went there I do believe that there is a difference. Not necessarily on the lack or level of emotion, but I think we are wired to have our emotional responses trigger differently. Women find some things (generally) emotionally relevant where men (generally) don't and visa versa.

You can argue individual cases, but sociologically this is a truism.

C

Chibibar

Edrondol said:
Charlie Dont Surf said:
Edrondol said:

I think men & women are genetically different. I didn't go into the emotional side of it. But since you went there I do believe that there is a difference. Not necessarily on the lack or level of emotion, but I think we are wired to have our emotional responses trigger differently. Women find some things (generally) emotionally relevant where men (generally) don't and visa versa.

You can argue individual cases, but sociologically this is a truism.
is it social aspect? possible. It is interesting that most things in nature it is the male species that is "colorful" and such while the female version are plain.

Birds are good examples and most mammals and even reptiles (at least what I have learn) but the human race is one of the few exception that the female is more "glamorous" than male... is it because the social structure dictate it so? (putting women on pedestal and pretty them up?) Maybe men suppose to be vibrant and colorful, but social order and upbringing changes that and become "normal" over time...

I dunno... just a weird observation.

After nearly crying at something I watched earlier, I'm now going to go do the dishes before I leave for work.

This post is 100% true as well as bucking gender roles

S

Singularity.EXE

WolfOfOdin said:
:eyeroll: You could raise how most, if not all commercials portray men as helpless idiots who are incapable of doing anything without a woman's help.

Both are offensive, this one was just laughably stupid and outdated. They might as well call it "sex and the city animated"

No no no, see we, as males (presumably, I don't know your gender quite yet, lol) are not allowed to speak out against male stereotypes. There's no such thing as a being discriminatory against males, its all justified in that case.

Charlie Dont Surf said:
After nearly crying at something I watched earlier, I'm now going to go do the dishes before I leave for work.

Need I requote my difference between individualism & sociological differences?

I know you're not thick, Charlie. I just never understood well-meaning blindness to obvious social differentiation. How is it that we can see these differences zoologically in every species but when it comes to Humans suddenly genetics take a back seat to our supposedly rising above our millions of years of genetic imprinting with our wonderful couple of thousand years of "intelligence"?

Women & men are different. Nothing we can do about it and I for one am glad that the differences are there.

Charlie Dont Surf said:

People aren't blank slates when they are born. Sorry. We come prepackaged with certain types of social programming. Once upon a time that social program helped a child survive or a caveman get laid. We may not need it as much any more but we're stuck with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.