A desperate plea

Hello,

I’m sorry everyone; both for my absence and this message. I left this forum for a few personal reasons but I find myself in a bad spot and I’m hoping that my regard here will be well earned enough for me to ask this. I never wanted to be one to ask for money, and I hate to start now, but with other things happening I dont know any other options.

Yoshi is getting up in age and with that, obvious health concerns come up. I’m well aware and accepting of that. He is due for normal maintenance shots, including rabies, which i have been preparing to take him for, and budgeting into my normal expenses. However, i have recently applied for chapter 13 bankruptcy so my personal finances are currently in flux. I’m manging as well as i can and we were doing fine, except that in the last week it appears that he has gone blind. This is a surprise to both of us, but certainly exasperates the need to get him to the vet.

I’m not asking for an exorbitant amount of money because - at 13 - i wouldnt put his body through any surgery if needed, as difficult as it would be to say goodbye. What I’m asking is, if I opened a gofundme for, say $400 would anyone here be willing to help? I dont even want to do it without asking first, and I understand if anyone cant or wont. Im simply without other options. If anyone was willing but wanted reimbursement i would certainly agree to that, i just wouldnt be able to promise a timeframe.

Thank you for reading, i appreciate any answer or well wishes, regardless of ability to help. I always tried to share him here as much as possible. It doesn’t look like I can share a picture on this new account otherwise i would.

I’m actually refunding the two donations ive already received and deactivating the campaign. I dont even now if im allowed to have it open with the bankruptcy rules. Thank you everyone - im sorry to be so up and down but everything is very stressful right now. @Dave please delete this thread.

I’m actually refunding the two donations ive already received and deactivating the campaign. I dont even now if im allowed to have it open with the bankruptcy rules. Thank you everyone - im sorry to be so up and down but everything is very stressful right now. @Dave please delete this thread.
Don't be afraid to reach out here, I know you're going through a lot but never feel like asking for help is the wrong thing. Maybe get someone else to put the campaign in their name?

Dave

Staff member
Hadn't thought about bankruptcy rules. Check with your bankruptcy lawyer and then get back to us.