AAaaand we're back.

My phone is going here, my desktops, both work and home, insist on going to the old board. Anyone have an ip to force them to load this place?

GasBandit

Staff member
Q-SYS_Level_1_Training_Badge.png

Odd... it looks like you can attach with drag and drop... but not with the "attach files" link...

I'm looking into it too but my ability to do so at work is very curtailed.

... and it doesn't help that it doesn't seem to be generating errors in the server error log or anything. Hrmmmm...

GasBandit

Staff member
Judging from what I'm reading here, it might be an issue with the new host's firewall if it uses ModSecurity, or our SSL.

GasBandit

Staff member
So it works and I don’t have to do anything?
He was talking about a different thing. The attachments thing is still happening (clicking attach doesn't successfully upload, but drag and drop does). Probably have to open another ticket with the host and ask them if they're using Modsec.

figmentPez

Staff member
View attachment 31788

Odd... it looks like you can attach with drag and drop... but not with the "attach files" link...

I'm looking into it too but my ability to do so at work is very curtailed.

... and it doesn't help that it doesn't seem to be generating errors in the server error log or anything. Hrmmmm...
Didn't we have some sort of plug-in / add-on that was allowing multiple files to be uploaded at once? I remember when that feature was broken on Firefox and I had to opt-out in the settings. Did that feature get broken in the server move?

Dave

Staff member
No addons were nuked. I wonder if it was something the host added. Damn. Time to ask some questions.

Dave

Staff member
Put in another ticket. I didn't mention ModSec the first time because the information came to me after I'd opened it.

Dave

Staff member
Love their response:

We have noticed several ModSecurity rules triggered on your domain. Please provide us with your local (external) IP to make sure that they are triggered by you. You can find it following this link http://ip.web-hosting.com We will be happy to whitelist them for you.
Uh...you SURE you want to do this by individual IP addresses?

Dave

Staff member
Well that was interesting. They actually whitelisted every IP that triggered the error. Yeah, that'll work I guess, but not for anyone new or one of us on vacation or at a different IP. Sheesh.

Dave

Staff member
Their response:

We are happy to let you know that the firewall rules that are already whitelisted will not trigger again for any IP address.
Please test. They say it won't happen for ANY IP now.