Export thread

Access 2007

Dave

Dave

Anyone here good at Access 2007? I know what you're gonna say about the program itself but I don't have anything else I can use.

What I need to do is to have a number of checkboxes in a form be able to be calculated as a percentage.

I don't care if it's an event or a macro - I just need it to work. Anyone have any ideas?

Krisken

Krisken

I don't remember making charts for Access. That's kinda what Excel is for.

I can take a look quick in my Access book though.

Yeah, after checking my book it refers to integrating Access with Excel. What you want to do is a bit more advanced than what I worked with in Access. Sorry.

Dave

Dave

What I need to do is to have a number of checkboxes in a form be able to be calculated as a percentage.
What does this mean, exactly?
you have, say, 10 checkboxes, and you want to know what percent of them are checked?[/QUOTE]

18 actually. And yes.

Dave

Dave

I'll have questions on how you set that up but I have to unwind. God damned 2 hour meeting.

---------- Post added at 03:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 PM ----------

Tin, you on Wave? I see what you did but can't replicate.

Dave

Dave

Crap. I have to put them all inside the same Option Group, don't I?

That's why they aren't adding up. The system thinks they are separate entities.

Dave

Dave

Okay, I tried to copy this and ended up creating a Class module while yours is an Access Class Object.

I can't see how to do that. GOD I am hating 2007!

Dave

Dave

Here's what I have but I can't reverse engineer what you have. Not sure how you grouped the test things together to be selected all at once.

Help me, Tin-wan! You're my only hope!

Dave

Dave

that database doesn't have a form with checkboxes on it that I can find.
are you tracking based on the scoring table?
I removed the checkboxes when I couldn't get them to work.

I want them to be on the Students form using the Scoring Table.

Dave

Dave

this is starting to sound like work ;)

Tell ya what...you make the form, put the checkboxes on them, and zip up and send me the result to greg@tinwhistler.com and I'll add the 10 lines of code necessary to add them up :)

It looks like you were on the right track from the changes you made to the .MOD file/object, but that mod likely wasn't linked to the form you wanted to use with it, which was probably your only problem.

Oh, and tell me the precision you want on your percent, since 18's not a nice round number..you want like 17%, 16.7% or 16.77%? etc
It either must be higher or lower than 90%. And that's from the boss, not me.

Let me put those in and I'll send it.

Dave

Dave

ah so you don't want it to say "16%"
you want it to say "over 90%" or "under 90%" Easy enough.

Find out if I can bill your boss an hour's labor :D
Nope. Just need it to give a percentage. I'd go with like ##.#% kind of thing. But I can do that if only I could get it to attach. Argh!

Dave

Dave

Thanks, man. This is why I was asking if you were on Google Wave. This is exactly the type of thing that it was made for.