[Brazelton] Adam West

God dammit 2017.
Grew up with the Batman TV Show. 2 episodes and after that Star Trek TOS (reruns of course, I'm not that old).

Here's one of my favourite of the many cameos he had in animation.

When I was 5 years old, it was 1990 and I was in love with the Michael Keaton Batman movie. I loved everything about Batman, and somehow got it into my head that I should send Michael Keaton a letter to thank him for being Batman. So my mom helped me write it, and found the address to send fan mail, and also at this time showed me the Adam West series that she used to watch. I loved that too, so we sent Adam West a letter too.

Michael Keaton never responded, but Adam West did, with a very nice hand written letter inviting me to be a junior detective and be a good citizen, as well as a few goodies like stickers and stuff that I don't completely remember.

B

BErt

That's an amazing story Poe, any chance you still have the letter? I'd love to see it

I loved him in Zombie Nightmare and when he hosted some of the MST3K Turkey Day marathons, calling himself the King of Fromage. I love anyone who doesn't take him/herself seriously.

RIP, Mr. West. You will be missed.

This is a completely true story. I watched the Adam West Batman movie so many times as a kid that not only did I wear out the tape, but my youngest brother's first words were, and I am not kidding, na na na na na na na na Batman.

RIP Adam West.

I am about to tie a towel around my neck and run and sing, " nana nana nana Matman!" Like I am 6 again...

That nickname followed me for forty years.

When I was 4 and 5, my dad would get home late from his second job, eat dinner, then he and I would go downstairs and watch whichever Batman reruns were on that night. Though I later started to look down on the Adam West show when I started watching Batman TAS a couple years later, having gotten older I appreciate that Adam West and Burt award introduced me to Batman in the first place.

He'll be missed.

Reactions: Dei
I loved him in Zombie Nightmare and when he hosted some of the MST3K Turkey Day marathons, calling himself the King of Fromage. I love anyone who doesn't take him/herself seriously.
I think I like him because I put him in the same category as William Shatner, except without all the "I'm so awesome I will even let you touch my ego" that Shatner brings.
That nickname followed me for forty years.
And that's terrible.

--Patrick

holy shit, that reminds me. what about the new animated Adam West Batman movie with Shatner as Two Face?

I listened to the the latest Hollywood Babble-on earlier this week and Adam West's death hit Ralph Garman really hard.

On a related note, I just watched the Grey Ghost episode of Batman TAS on TV and it got me more emotional than I thought it would.