AMA is the imperative for LOVE in Spanish

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm bored before going to bed and no one has made one of these in a while, so there you go.
Ask me anything!

Hmm... That's somehow a tough question! In general I 'work' on a case by case basis. Of course you'll always have a general impression from any collective that you can clearly define, but I try not to let that influence me. Nevertheless, I'll try to answer your question. Lessee...

First, on immigrants in general.
Many would argue that there is a clear connection between crime and immigration, and they are right, but the real connection is not directly with the condition of being an immigrant but of having a bad economic position. The less money someone has, the more probable they are to resort to crime. They will also tend to live in 'worse' neighborhoods, which will only strengthen this.
This is all very trite, but it's still what I think. I will also admit that I have a general impression of some immigrant collectives that relates to this, but it's less south americans and more northern africans, eastern europeans, etc. Maybe it's because they are more culturally isolated and tend to ghetto-ize more.

So, I don't hold, in general, a bad view of ecuatorian immigrants. My only contempt is (was) for those in the Latin Kings. Luckily when there started to be a significant number of them in my neighborhood and I was actually afraid of walking down the street at certain hours I moved (nothing to do with it though).
Besides that, I actually hold, now that I think of it a bit more, a good view of ecuatorian immigrants. Being scared of my own neighborhood works against this, but the real personal experience has been very good: The only ecuatorian I've known on a personal level was an amazing woman with whom I worked, and I also met some young'uns in the barrio that were really pissed at the LK's because they made people be afraid of them and whatnot. That was very nice.

Hmm... My mother interrupted me with a half an hour long rant when I was at the beginning of the post and now I'm so tired it didn't come out as I wanted, but I'm still posting it. I just want to stress out that when I deal with someone personally I don't let prejudice influence me (very much).

Every single spanish accent on this planet sounds fucking awful EXCEPT for Mexican and Spanish. And I'm not being kiss-ass with you twats, it's the only other accent I actually don't mind at all.

Hell, even most of the regional mexican accents annoy me.

I must say I don't mind most spanish accents except for peruvian. I really REALLY hate the way peruvians pronounce everything. I have got nothing against them except for this way of talking that reches into the middle of my guts to find and press the "rage" button.

And I don't even know why!

Not kiss ass but kickass!

SJ, I think I know which button you're talking about, and I can press it without speaking! Mwahaha!

(I'm in general not bothered by accents. If there's any that bothers me I can't identify it right now. And I love me a good argentinian accent. It can be very sexy)

(I'm in general not bothered by accents. If there's any that bothers me I can't identify it right now. And I love me a good argentinian accent. It can be very sexy)
Time for a legitimate question:

Did you know Calleja has sometimes stated he hates argentinian accent with a passion?

Do you sometimes make you gf fake and argentinian accent in bed?

EDIT: I realized I'm kinda hijacking you thread, T-man. I think I'll go away for a while and let somebody who may really want to ask somenthing actually do so...

WHAT?!

The Argentinean accent is, by far, the WORST of them ALL!!! ARGHHH, the way they talk makes my fists clench in pure argentinean-pounding anticipation.

Q1- I didn't remember, but I do know!
Q2- Hech no! We don't fake accents, we just switch languages when we get lovey-dovey.

I don't care, post here as much as you want! Just try to mix in some questions :p

Calleja, don't get mad! Please don't read my posts with an Argentinian accent! My accent is a perfectly neutral Spanish!

---------- Post added at 12:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 AM ----------

ninja'd (kinda)

XD

We switch from Spanish to Catalan. When you say 'I love you' in Spanish several times a day, switching to Catalan makes it sound truer. It's losing that though :(

Podrian dejar de hablar de su vida sexual, chingada madre? Cuando me han visto a mi hacer algo a---

Olvidenlo, continuen.

He's speaking about his sex life and I'm speaking about his sex life, so if by "su" vida sexual you mean ours...

well that's pretty spot on.

(if only you spoke our brand of spanish, we would know if you meant "su" or "vuestra"... But now it will be foreven a mystery!)

Wait, forgot to ask a question. let me think about something...

an interesting one for this thread: What topics don't you want us to ask about?

---------- Post added at 12:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 AM ----------

Yeah, your brand of spanish sucks.
Your funny hats suck.

SJ: I don't have problems with any topic. I think.

Cog: Well, I've found one or two that were some fun. I guess they have less references to draw from for the funnies, and that makes them more boring? Also, I don't know about y'all but I hate big ortographic mistakes, moreso in Spanish.

"ortographic" has a bit of a different meaning than "ortografía", just stick to "spelling" and/or "grammar" and you'll avoid the rage of annoying morons... like me.

Shiit

Ok, spelling and grammar errors it is.

Be nice to me, it's 2 and a half hours past my bedtime... Hm, yeah. Off to bed!

---------- Post added at 01:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 AM ----------

Ah, apparently it's spelled orthography! You got that wrong you annoying moron! :p

A

Andromache

move to the mediterranean and proffer yourself as a Northern boy toy?

Well, clearly don't get sun tanned, use lots of sun lotion! Instead, you can use one of those creams that give you an artificial tan. Then learn a couple of Spanish words and voilà! No need coming down here, just say 'I'm a Latino loverboy'.

This is the best solution because the only other way to do what you asked for is to expose said chicks to lots and lots of mediterranean boys. Then the novelty/exotism wears off and they are nothing special. But somehow, I think this solution is not satisfactory in that it gives a lot of loverboys to the chicks in your area, which is clearly bad for you.

Seriously, the exotism seems to be very important. I don't care for it, but I was working this Mexicans this summer and one of them told me a story of a day when he went out with some europeans from work: they seemed to have very very different tastes in women. When some of the europeans said sexy South Americans, they were all over them. Instead, the Mexs said: what? They are not so sexy... 'It's because we are used to that kind of women', he told me. 'A fair skinned girl who looks nothing special to you may be sexy for me, because I've seen less and I have less to compare to'.

So, if exotism is the problem, NR, I have a new solution: dye your beard blue. That can't go wrong!

---------- Post added at 06:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:54 AM ----------

PS: Southern girls will tend to fall for the Nordic, blonde, kind of boy. Apparently they are better looking... (But less passionate lovers! Ha! I wouldn't really know)

PS2: Maybe that's partly why Calleja is so popular with the ladies? I mean, you are good looking and I don't doubt your charm is key to it, but maybe being fair skinned helps? I don't know, maybe it's actually the opposite. I'm talking about all my nonsense about exotism, not PS1.

---------- Post added at 07:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 AM ----------

Oh, I read Crone's solution wrong (had just gotten out of bed). Hers is a very good solution! Just be sure to buy lots of sun lotion and you're all set!

.....exotism!?! whaaaat? I'm sorry dude, I usally catch your "trying to pass off spanish words as english" thing, but in this case I'm... lost.

Yeah, sorry, wrote that first thing in the morning. I mean, like 'exotismo' in Spanish 'The quality of being exotic'. Heck, I could've written 'being exotic' everywhere I wrote 'exotism'. Please everyone read that.

ËDIT
Heyyyyyyyyy just went to a dictionary and 'Exotism' is there! 'The quality of being exotic', just like I said! Suck that!

Status
Not open for further replies.