Americans will never satisfy their lust for turkey and pumpkin pie

Happy Thanksgiving, all you crazy Americans. What y'all doing today?

Besides not keeping me entertained on Halforums.

Watch some football and dinner with my girlfriend's family. Thanksgiving isn't my favorite holiday but I'll never complain about a 4 day weekend.

We're having dinner with our next door neighbors. I'm making the turkey. I also made an apple pie cheesecake. While I'm waiting for the turkey to cook I plan on playing a lot of Dragon Age.

Our dinner guests shrunk by half because they are stuck in PA due to snow and ice. But I'm taking a break from cooking for the 5 adults (plus Li'l Z) who still be attending.

Just so long as you guys leave the ants-in-a-tree* alone! That's mine.

*broccoli florets cut small, craisins, sunflower seeds, bacon, red onion, and vidalia dressing

doomdragon6

Staff member
Our family does Thanksgiving "lunch" so my day's done, I'm wanting to nap, but my aunt wants me to help her with her Christmas trees later.

I used this recipe, but with a cinnamon graham cracker crust.[DOUBLEPOST=1417131256,1417131137][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh and Turkey's Done! I have honestly impressed myself with this one though I'm worried it'll be dry.

gobble.jpg

Oh god... why did I eat so much. Why did I eat the stuffing... and the macaroni salad... and the potato salad... and the green beans... and the collard greens, and the ham...

And then why did I go back for pie?

And cake...

And banana pudding... dear god the banana pudding.

I think I'm sweating gravy. On my tombstone, it will say "Here lies Poe... he had to buy two plots"

I'M HOLDING A PLATE OF APPLE PIE RIGHT NOW! I am so full it's painful, and yet I'm chewing even as I type this, please somebody stop me.

Hey, all! Happy turkey/ham/tofu/planked salmon/whatever day!

Also, happy 6th anniversary of Halforums!
At least, that's what my calendar tells me for some reason. Hmm, must be for the current incarnation or something.

--Patrick

There's a burger joint in my little suburb that does an incredible turkey burger on American Thanksgiving (since no one is going to go to their little burger joint on Canadian Thanksgiving). It's a homemade turkey burger with duck confit and grilled chicken skin (yeah, it's awesome) with turkey gravy sauce and cranberry mustard. It's the one and only time of year I will ever eat a turkey burger.

I co-hosted dinner for four people: roommate, roommate's girlfriend, the girl I'm dating, and myself. Though small, it was quite a merry gathering. Here's a list of what we had.

Sushi appetizer
Salad from Castle Black (spinach, turnip greens, chickpeas, and raisins)
Mulled wine
Turkey with sage and apples
Cornbread stuffing
Mashed potatoes
Crusty white bread
White beans and bacon
Chocolate pie
Apple pie

I should add this was my first attempt making a Thanksgiving turkey, ever.

doomdragon6

Staff member
Isn't it weird that we kill birds, strip them naked, set them on fire, and then shove things in their butts.

Just saying guys.

GasBandit

Staff member
I͎t ͏̩͓̱̙͍b̦͚̖͚̰eg̶͙̩̝͚̖̤̦i̤͙͇n̨͚̻̮s̠̘͇̭̭.͡.̜͟.̵̼̬͓̹̩̮

I̩̬͖̺͝T͚͠ ͎̯̭̰̝̟̲ḆE͎̳̣͡G̲̞̮I̛̯̠̘͈̫͓̯N͖̙̰̖̙̟͘S͓̰̥̖̩̩͢!̼̰̖ͅ