Arcadia: A Video Game-Themed TCG Idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys. I'm currently developing a trading card game idea, but feel I need some help with straightening the rules for the game. Here is what I have thus far in terms of rules. Let me know what you think. When I have the rules straightened out, I'll start posting cards.

The name is the game is Arcadia. Arcadia is a trading card game that uses video game tropes, oftentimes with a sense of humor. In Arcadia, your objective is to beat your opponent's level.

Decks are built as 50-card decks, though it may be more accurate to call them 51-card decks. Players hold seven cards in play, with a maximum of three combatants per player placed in combat at a time. The one additional card is your level. Levels are central cards modeled after various levels from video games. For levels, the stats are:
-Health
-Resource Pool
-Effects
Health is in intervals of ten. Every combatant which is defeated takes away ten points of a level's health. When you take down all health from your opponent's level, the opponent is defeated. The Resource Pool is the maximum amount of resources which can be generated, level and combatants included. It does not take an action for a level to generate resources. Levels can only generate 5 resources. Resources generated by the level are resource types defined by the level. Certain levels can also have effects on the battle.

To fight, players make use of combatants. Combatants possess the following stats:
-Health
-Resources
-Combatant Types
-Attacks
Combatants have a set amount of health. Damage is determined by taking the attack number of an attack and subtracting it from the health amount. When a combatant is defeated, place the defeated combatant in the discard pile. Combatants can generate resources, though limited to their resource number and type. It costs a combatant an action to generate resources. Resources generated by combatants go to the Resource Pool and can not exceed farther than the Resource Pool number. Combatant types are names which clarify which kind of combatants they are. Combatants possess 1-2 attacks. Attacks are moves which can deal damage, cause an effect or some combination. There is a resource cost to make an attack.

Players can also make use of Power-Ups and Level Elements. Stats for these cards are:
-Resource Cost
-Effects
Both kinds of cards make a resource cost, defined by a number and resource type. They also provide effects that can cause a wide variety of things to happen. However, there is a difference between Power-Ups and Level Elements. Power-Up cards can only be applied to friendly combatants (one Power-Up to one combatant), while Level Elements are designed to affect opposing combatants or your level. After using a Power-Up or Level Element card, place it into the bottom of your deck unless it requires needing to be put into the discard pile as part of its effect.

Actions which can be made by combatants are attacks, resource generation and using Power-Up or Level Elements cards. Players determine who goes first before the game begins. After that, order of action goes in clockwise order from the first player. The winner is the last player whose level has not been defeated.

Status
Not open for further replies.