Aurora's medical stuff

So I don't clog. Up the epic win thread. Ambulance is here I'm riding with her to Houston mom is staying here recovering from. C-Section

Let us know if there's anything you need.
Thanks I should be good though, my parents aren't the poorest people in the world thankfully so they should be able to cover anything that is out of my financial reach thankfully. This is mainly a place for me to vent and get my anxiety out from inside of me. Still have 30 minutes in the ambulance still we get to Texas children's. Just trying to stay calm. And keep myself together. I know this isn't the worst thing that has happened to a parent but it's the worst that's happened to me as a parent so it had me frazzled. I'm just trying to keep myself together for my wife and baby right now

Just an update as to why she might not need surgery. After she was born her stomach was distended. And she was having problems breathing. X-ray showed no air in her bowels, only. In her stomach so she was transferred to Texas children's right away because my hospital doesn't have the equipment to handle it. I didn't get to see her until 3 or so hours later when she was in the incubator and the transport team was going over everything with us. Rode in the ambulance to the hospital, filled out paperwork while the nicu team got her set up, finished filling out paperwork and went in with Aurora. As soon as I got in there they were finishing up and doctor was explaining everything to me as to what was going on and then x-ray came right away and did an image and it shows air in her stomach and intestines so that means that there may not be a blockage after all. They still aren't letting her eat just in case while they confirm. But so far it's looking better than it was an hour ago

I had a rough night last night, the baby had a great night though. Two x-rays have been done, no obstruction is showing in them, she's pooped (another sign of no obstruction and nothing is coming out of the tube going to her stomach (another sign) so the nicu stay is fizzling out thankfully. We are waiting for her blood sugar to stabilize (mom had gd) and waiting on her to eat which I don't think she can do with a tube in her mouth then we can go home.

Probably not going to go back and see her again today. I think I'm getting sick and she's in an open ward in the nicu and I don't want to put her or any of the other babies at risk. Blah.

fade

Staff member
Well with a baby, you still have to eventually go through the teen crap again.

My 14 year old can move out any time he likes, speaking of. I'll help him pack his bags.

Rory is doing better and better her last blood sugar level was 69,it was her first one above 60 and the first blood sugar level they measured after so got some mommy milk. I got to hold her some earlier but I'm about to fall asleep so I put her back in her warmer. I have a mask on because I have a cough and I don't wanna risk her getting sick

Rory is doing better and better her last blood sugar level was 69,it was her first one above 60 and the first blood sugar level they measured after so got some mommy milk. I got to hold her some earlier but I'm about to fall asleep so I put her back in her warmer. I have a mask on because I have a cough and I don't wanna risk her getting sick
I love her perplexed expression here. "Hmm... I think that's daddy... but I'm not entirely sure. He looks a bit different."