[Question] Auto play with auto sound clips

GasBandit

Staff member
It's a reddit thing. Reddit auto plays, so the reddit embeds autoplay. The only thing that can be done about it is to not link reddit posts.

This has destroyed my enjoyment of the Funny Videos thread right off the bat. Because not only do the original posts autoplay, but so do the replies.

So now on the very first page, you've got no fewer than five autoplaying videos all running at once. That's simply broken.

Dave

Staff member
I wish there was something we can do about them but we can't. Only thing we can do is stop Reddit posts from posting and have to follow the link.

I wish there was something we can do about them but we can't. Only thing we can do is stop Reddit posts from posting and have to follow the link.
I think this might have to be the solution. Better to have to click the link to get to Reddit than having a thread full of videos playing audio.

Huh, didn't know this was a thing with Reddit. Whatever I have installed on my browser blocks auto-play, I guess. Or did I disable auto-play in the browser settings? Maybe both.

Dave

Staff member
I also changed something in the mod settings that I *HOPE* fixes it for everyone. I have undeleted the post for testing.

My autoplay has been off. They still autoplay for me.
But only sporadically. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't.
Chewbacca didn't this time, for instance, but the quotes of my Family Guy and the "first day on the job" both did.