Votes: 21 61.8%
  • Soap

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Either

Votes: 9 26.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fairly straight forward question. Which should you use on you beard: Shampoo or Soap or either.

I use either, depending on my mood at the time.

Soap's likely going to get the skin underneath all dried out.

At least that's what happens to me. I use shampoo on my 'chops and it does fine.

L

Lally

I am not a dude so I don't know how much weight my opinion carries, but I feel like face area should be washed by face soap. And other hair is washed by soap (you don't shampoo your eyebrows or your armpits, after all). But if you have a beard, it can be as long as the hair on your head or even longer. So I see where the conundrum comes from. I am going to stick with "whatever you wash the rest of your face with" unless your beard hair is over an inch in length.

I am not a dude so I don't know how much weight my opinion carries, but I feel like face area should be washed by face soap. And other hair is washed by soap (you don't shampoo your eyebrows or your armpits, after all). But if you have a beard, it can be as long as the hair on your head or even longer. So I see where the conundrum comes from. I am going to stick with "whatever you wash the rest of your face with" unless your beard hair is over an inch in length.
Well, my dermathologist makes me wash all my face with a special shampoo, but I already washed my beard with it before.

C

Chazwozel

The real question should be if you mustache tickles women when you kiss them.

The correct answer is: only slightly, only slightly.

figmentPez

Staff member
I use soap, but my I've just got a goatee. If I had a beard anywhere on my cheeks or jawline I'd use shampoo because my skin is drier there.

I use shampoo for both my beard and, most of the time, my thorax hair. But I don't really have hair, shaving my head and all, so it's usually the shampoo that's left over after I wash my 5 o'clock hair.

When I had a full beard, I used specific beard shgampoo. It exists. Much better for your facial skin.
Now, with a goatee....Eh, either.

R

rabbitgod

I use both, so I vote either.

I do a facial soap and dig in there real good so that the skin gets clean. I usually do that a few times a week at night. Then every morning I shampoo up during my shower. And conditioner, got to keep it soft and shiny for my wife.

Shampoo.

For that matter, I generally use shampoo for everything else, too. It's probably a bad idea, now that I think about it.

Can someone tell me why it's a bad idea? I have this feeling, but have nothing to back it up with.

Cajungal

Staff member
I can't think of any reason why. There are a lot of combination body wash/shampoos. They've gotta be really similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.