[News] Benjamin "Bibi" Netanyahu is a lying piece of shit and his speech was a travesty

Dave

Staff member
We in the US have a weird relationship with other nations. Israel does some terrible things and they are our friends - almost insanely so at times, it seems. Saudi Arabia is a terrible place and they do horrible things and THEY are our friends.

I don't think Hamas is much better than Israel, but understand how they can feel the way they do. Desperation is an interesting incentive.

But Israel's treatment of the Palestinians is pretty awful.

if you want to watch a bunch of sitting politicians elected to help the United States start jizzing in their pants at the prospect of killing more Muslims on the other side of the earth based on complete fabrications, this speech is a great watch for you

It was broadcast on three different televisions during my breakfast this morning. Two of them cut away to get back to their more profitable programming, but CNN kept coverage of the speech. However, pretty much the entire thing was drowned out by the other folks in the cafeteria so I only got to watch him speak, not actually hear him say anything.

Still, that's the most inflammatory thread title I think I've ever seen.

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
I take some comfort that Israel might have the resolve to do what our politicians are too chickenshit to contemplate, even if the situation demands it. Iran with nukes is a credible end-of-the-world scenario. Israel will not allow Iranian nukes because they know said nukes WILL be used against them - and they will also be used against us, through one of any of their innumerable proxy organizations bent on terrorizing the west as well.

Israel is a nation beset by enemies on every side, and the only truly western-friendly democracy in an area still mired in the dark ages (but with modern weaponry and lots of oil money). Sometimes they have to do things to maintain their security that makes effete self-hating american liberals uneasy, but they are the guard at the gate for all of western civilization - beyond it lies barbarism and bloodshed unending (and that has nothing to do with Islam, merely to do with culture).

This isn't about morality, about "we're just as bad as them," about weighing pros and cons. Maybe in 100 years we might can revisit trusting Iran with the most destructive force mankind has ever devised - but when they're still chanting "Death to Israel, Death to America" on a daily basis as a matter of public discourse and politics, that time is obviously not now. For now, the best we can hope for is isolation and containment. But it's probably already too late. Obama's practically given away the farm already.

Bullshit. Pakistan has nukes. India has nukes. The USSR had nukes. Russia and China have nukes. Any rhetoric about "an Iranian nuke will be used" is just that - rhetoric. No, it won't. Because Israel is far too close to Iran. If IS had a nuke, perhaps - they might be crazy enough to actually use it. Iran isn't IS.

Israel is a horrible country, with horrible foreign policy. They're surrounded by hostile nations for the simple reason that Israel is a horribly unfairly created country. Yes, I understand why it was created.No, that doesn't excuse the Western world just plain old drawing some lines on a map and saying "this land is your land". It's amongst the most ridiculous things ever done. Much like the Versailles accord almost guaranteed some form of WWII, the creation of Israel and the way it was done pretty much guaranteed the wars of the fifties and sixties, the continuing hostilities right now, and whatever comes next. If the UN security council writes a decree tomorrow giving British Columbia to Russia, and the security council signs off on it, should Canada and the Canadians just accept it and start speaking English? If Russia then starts exporting Russians, gives second class citizenship (or outright denies citizenship) to any original inhabitant, disowns anyone who doesn't speak Russian, should the Canadians just be a-ok with it? No they shouldn't.
I'm aware that pretty much nobody likes the Palestinians - Egypt and Lebanon don't exactly help them either. The whole resettlement thing is a mess of epic proportions with no good end in sight. And so on. Still doesn't mean Israel is in any way a good guy - they've pretty much managed to repeat every mistake Germany made in the '30s, and the international community, pressured by the US, has made almost the exact same mistakes in dealing with them - up to and including the horrible appeasement idea of letting them grab some land from other countries and just adding them to their own.

Between Israel and Saudi-Arabia, the US sponsors and supports the two worst and most destabilizing regimes in the region.

And frankly, a more likely end-of-world scenario is Israel using a nuke on Iran than vice versa.

GasBandit

Staff member
Bullshit. Pakistan has nukes. India has nukes. The USSR had nukes. Russia and China have nukes. Any rhetoric about "an Iranian nuke will be used" is just that - rhetoric. No, it won't. Because Israel is far too close to Iran. If IS had a nuke, perhaps - they might be crazy enough to actually use it. Iran isn't IS.
They're pretty darn close. They're the largest state sponsor of terror, and have been waging a clandestine proxy war against western civilization since 1979. Even as recently at 2011, Iranian agents got busted in mexico preparing to carry out an assassination attempt on the Saudi Ambassador while he was visiting the US and bomb a couple embassies in Washington to boot. They do. Literally. Publicly. Chant "Death to Israel, Death to America" even in their parliamentary sessions. There is a fundamental difference between Russia and China and India and Pakistan - and that is that those cultures are not still mired in single digit century mentalities that glorify death for a cause.

Israel is a horrible country, with horrible foreign policy. They're surrounded by hostile nations for the simple reason that Israel is a horribly unfairly created country.
So what's your solution? Dissolve Israel? Throw millions of Israeli (and peacefully coexisting Arab!) people under the bus and/or into the Mediterranean? I know what you're about to say, so let's skip to...

I'm aware that pretty much nobody likes the Palestinians
... the so-called palestinian state. The Palestinians forfeited all right to statehood (and sympathy, imo) when they walked away from the Camp David accords which gave them everything they demanded and asked for for merely the price of acknowledging that Israel has the right to exist. That's all. They were offered EVERYTHING. THEY. ASKED. FOR. And walked away. Because they had really asked for things they thought nobody would grant, because their true aim was to falsify legitimacy for continuing to wage an unceasing war of terror against every Israeli man, woman, and child. And the other surrounding nations that refused to take in any palestinian refugees in the past are more culpable for their current plight than Israel is. The only remaining path for the palestinians are either assimilation and integration - which itself will have to happen over years of proven peacefulness - or they can continue to be the catalysts of their own annihilation.

Between Israel and Saudi-Arabia, the US sponsors and supports the two worst and most destabilizing regimes in the region.
Bullshit. Saudi Arabia is a lot of things, but one thing it isn't is destabilizing. It's one of the region's primary stabilizing agents. Who would you say is more stabilizing? Iraq? IRAN? Syria? Egypt? Qatar? Half these places have undergone civil strife and revolution recently (or still are), and the others are psychotic evil terror regimes.

And frankly, a more likely end-of-world scenario is Israel using a nuke on Iran than vice versa.
Then why haven't they? They have the nukes already.

The fact of the matter is that Israel is western civilization's only true, trustworthy ally in the middle east, and anyone who believes otherwise is a dunce of the highest order.

So what's your solution? Dissolve Israel? Throw millions of Israeli (and peacefully coexisting Arab!) people under the bus and/or into the Mediterranean? I know what you're about to say, so let's skip to...
nope, there is no solution. *shrug*. Not all - in fact, most - political problems don't have easy solutions, or solutions at all.

They're pretty darn close. They're the largest state sponsor of terror
...except for Saudi-Arabia. Whose Royal House still funds Wahabist madrassa's all over the world, sends imams to Europe to preach Wahabist and Islamist doctrines in our mosques. Most all returned Syria warriors - and us Belgians have the most of them in the world - tell of the support they receive from Saudi-Arabia. The disillusioned ones that flee back (in contrast to those coming back to try and convert more kids to their cause) pretty much all tell the same story. It's not Iranians supporting IS, it's not Iran or anyone else being praised or from whom they receive aid shipments. It's Saudi Arabia.

ontinue to be the catalysts of their own annihilation.
Bullshit. Saudi Arabia is a lot of things, but one thing it isn't is destabilizing. It's one of the region's primary stabilizing agents. Who would you say is more stabilizing? Iraq? IRAN? Syria? Egypt? Qatar? Half these places have undergone civil strife and revolution recently (or still are), and the others are psychotic evil terror regimes.
The current Saudi regime is very much still in line with the dictatorships that have fallen in several of the other countries. They're proponents of a specific type of stability. Would you say the British Army were the agents of stability during the Independence War? The Saudi Royal House is a force of oppression, keeping the population stupid and repressed with a combination of huge amounts of money, propaganda, religion etc. If you favor stability, you should've supported Saddam as well - Iraq was the most stable country in the region for decades. Same for Egypt. Yeah, guess those regimes were "stable" because they were propped up by the West, not because they were what the people wanted. But fuck them and their right to decide.

The only way towards lasting stability is trough civil upheaval and (r)evolution. Sometimes it's necessary.

I'm with @Bubble181 on all that

Except that thing about giving BC to Russia. It's our warmest province. They can only get it by prying it from our cold dead hands . . . which will be very cold if we're not in BC

I don't want to be Russian. I like being in the Pacific Southwest (of Canada). I think that BC, Alberta, Washington state and Oregon should join together.

And Idaho (for the potatoes).

I don't want to be Russian. I like being in the Pacific Southwest (of Canada). I think that BC, Alberta, Washington state and Oregon should join together.

And Idaho (for the potatoes).
Montana has nice parks too. And we'll need the guns. :D