BSOD 0x1E error

My pc is having the BSOD all of a sudden. Usually when I am watchin Videos online or downloading stuff.
My drivers are up to date.

It's probably your dlink network adaptor. If you can get updated drivers for it that might help, but you probably should simply replace it.

Agux64.sys is the driver that crashed. Utorrent is the program that was trying to use the network that led to the crash.

Ah. So it's the last bit that shows the faulty module, then?
I wonder if the driver failed or whether the card just overheated and caused the crash. Network adapters can overheat, too...they just don't usually get so much activity that this is a concern.
...unless you're pounding them with Netflix and torrents, that is.

--Patrick

Well the issue is that the symbols didn't load in that module, because the code signing showed an error. Without symbols, programs can't access the right module inside the driver. Since the driver runs in the kernel level, a crash takes the whole computer down.

It shouldn't have happened at all, and probably isn't due to a hardware issue, but instead a mismatch between the OS and the driver. Perhaps a recent system update changed the interface, or a virus tried attacking the driver, or the driver was updated to a bad version.

But it may be unrelated to all of the above, the crash report is a best guess. More often picking the culprit than not, but the complexity of the system makes finding the root cause difficult.

Thanks for the quick reply. Was downloading Game of Thrones,since we dont get it in Germany.
This crash only happens when uTorrent is active or I am streaming. So it probably is the network adapter.
Any tips for a good Wlan adapter that can handle large amounts of data without overheating?
By the way, the DLink adapter is around 3 years old and is one of those USB sticks that you plug in to be able to use Wireless Lan. Maybe it dosnt sit well with Win 7.

Last edited:
Most of the error reports afor that file actually refer to a 2009 and 2010 dlink USB adaptor that doesn't play well with win7. So it could be that you've got the affected device, and have trust been lucky that it mostly worked until now.

I don't have any particular suggestions, though.

Do Win7 crashes normally report that they are Vista errors? I see the "VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT" string in there but don't have much XP with the OSes beyond XP.

--Patrick

Yeah,I didnt have this problem when I was running XP. Good,now that I know what the problem is, I can go fix it.
Thank you stienman and PatrThom, you guys have been a lot of help.

You too @Bubble181 ,without your help I wouldnt have been able to do that debugging report.[DOUBLEPOST=1384051687,1384051476][/DOUBLEPOST]Ninja liked while I was editing.WTH Bubble.

Yeah,I didnt have this problem when I was running XP. Good,now that I know what the problem is, I can go fix it.
Thank you stienman and PatrThom, you guys have been a lot of help.

You too @Bubble181 ,without your help I wouldnt have been able to do that debugging report.[DOUBLEPOST=1384051687,1384051476][/DOUBLEPOST]Ninja liked while I was editing.WTH Bubble.
Eh, both of the others were far more helpful than I was - I dislike it when other people just copy/paste answer threads from other places as they often aren't exactly the same and thus unhelpful - this one seemed like a good fit though.

And hey, don't look at me - what are you doing up at 4 in the morning? :p

Do Win7 crashes normally report that they are Vista errors? I see the "VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT" string in there but don't have much XP with the OSes beyond XP.

--Patrick
I'm guessing that the dlink driver is a vista driver, since this dlink adaptor doesn't have a windows 7 driver, and so Windows 7 is running a vista driver compatibility layer.

I know Win7 is often referred to as "Vista SP1," but I wasn't sure just how true that might be as far as error reporting goes.

--Patrick