Bye bye Star Wars Galaxies

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are not that awesome, just nice houses to fit my characters, but they are MY houses. Individually done and all, not just just some 'put this part here and another there' houses like LotrO for instance. Might make a few screenies and put them up later (middle of the night here and not really in a creative mood for that news).

Heh. That is the SWG CU wasn't it? the one update that kill them all.
That was the launch of the NGE (New Game Experience). That was where SOE tried to say that they knew what players wanted more than the players themselves.

They were wrong, and the surge of player cancellations was never recovered. (Though to be fair I stopped playing shortly after the Combat Upgrade, but the NGE made sure I never even considered re-subscribing.)

Damn, it may not feel.... complete but the game is definitely up and running stable on their emu server. I was running about with hundreds of other players. Some things aren't implemented yet (or completely) but it's good fun!

Took a stroll down memory lane!

C

Chibibar

I was sad with the changes SWG made. My wife and I both had TWO account each (back in the day where y0u can only have 1 character per account - technically 1 unless you unlock Jedi) ah good times.

Now I barely have time to stroll down memory lane. I did try the emu server. It is pretty good so far.

I played a few hours last night. It's nowhere near finished. However, there are many players, many helpful and progress is still coming. There are plans at the end of the year to "reset" the server to allow almost a year's worth of code to update their "persistent" world they have created.

Overall, good times. Even participated in a Server Event where Jabba the Hut sent his crones to take over a city.

Been playing this a bit every night, good times.

Later on this year they'll launch their official 1.0. Game has made huge progress that last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.