[Question] CANDY!

Whats your favorite type of candy, chocalote, or sweet?

Mine are a toss up between those cream filled ones with the brown outside, and butterscotch hard candies. I love smooth flavors, nice and easy.

I also like a good hot candy now and then, so most hot candies made today are soft ball.

Tim Tams... for the Tim Tam Slam experience.

Now I don't even have to import them anymore from Australia!

I love my chocolate the way I love my women. Dark, bitter, and refusing to have sex with me.

So yeah, dark chocolate.

I brought TimTams into work today to celebrate Australia Day and introduce them to the TimTam Slam.

I used to be addicted to Junior Mints. I'm pretty sure I kept that company in business throughout middle school and high school.

Now I can't get them anywhere around here, in Taiwan. Are Junior Mints still around?

To be completely pedantic, Tim Tams are cookies, not candy :p

But seriously, I 've never had them before, and this Tim Tam Slam sounds great.

I'm not a real big sweets fan, so my favorite candies are those that involve cutting the sweet flavor with something different.

Salted caramel, chocolate and chili peppers, that kind of thing. For that reason, I'm a huge fan of the Vosges line of candy bars. Though on the other end of the economic spectrum, it's hard to beat a Chunky...chocolate, peanuts and raisins are an awesome combination.

I'm aware that this makes me a monster to some people :)

Dave

Staff member
Not a big fan of candy. I love Starburst & Milk Duds, but I have trouble eating them now. I have terrible teeth (for a variety of reasons) and "filling puller" types of candy just suck.

Until it vanished, this was my favorite chocolate bar.

wild_cocoa_arrangement.jpg

The 45% milk was especially good. Richly flavored with a fruity character, very assertive but not at all bitter, and smoothly blended with no distracting bits or clumps.

--Patrick

M&M's My Mother keeps a homemade dispenser on top of her refrigerator. So when I go visit I am hitting that contraption about 3 times an hour.

Another favorite, is to drop the M&M's into a bag of Movie Pop-corn.

Cajungal

Staff member
Top 3:

1. Dark dark chocolate (70% or more) with almonds or any other nut, really.

2. Jelly belly, minus the damned licorice and cinnamon ones.

3. Valomilks -- you can find them at Cracker Barrel, but they used to be a lot more popular. I get one every now and then. I love chocolate and marshmallow together. It's kind of runny, not puffy marshmallow. Really good and messy.

Really depends on what I feel like; I don't like "mixing" too many different types. A fancy 70% dark chocolate bite, followed by a gummy bear? Eww - while I like both separately.

1. gelatine cherries.
2. After Eight thin mints.
3. home made chocolate powder truffles.

I have a weakness for gummies (like gummy bears) and nougat. Thankfully those things are usually not around and I am likely sensitive or allergic to corn (maybe? prick test says no...corn chips say vomit it back up. Time to try a patch test). It really limits my snacking options...for better or for worse.

I keep at least one bar of this in the house at all times:

I just break off a square whenever I need a fix. :)

Dark chocolate is best chocolate. When i feel like a treat i get the 50 cent mini lindor dark chocolates. So good.

I love sour candies, because even if they are pure sugar. Except warheads. I think the only market for warheads are elementary school kids who want to prove that they're "tough" by eating them. Sour skittles are my favorite. I thought they were discontinued for years but after further inspection, I just couldnt find them. That was a happy discovery.

I keep at least one bar of this in the house at all times:

I just break off a square whenever I need a fix. :)
Until she got strong opinions about how chocolate is sourced, Kati would keep a roll of Droste Pastilles in her desk drawer for those moments.

--Patrick

This was actually the best chocolate bar I ever had.

dag-cbblueberry.jpg

Lavender sounds weird in a candy bar, but it really added something to the dark chocolate. I had it in San Diego as often as I could get to the one store that sold it (Henry's for anyone familiar with that part of SoCal). I can't find them here and, well, shipping chocolate to Hawaii is usually not a good idea due to the temps.

This was actually the best chocolate bar I ever had.

View attachment 13712

Lavender sounds weird in a candy bar, but it really added something to the dark chocolate. I had it in San Diego as often as I could get to the one store that sold it (Henry's for anyone familiar with that part of SoCal). I can't find them here and, well, shipping chocolate to Hawaii is usually not a good idea due to the temps.
Dagoba has some pretty interesting flavors. We have a policy of getting a "treat" on every shopping trip, and we've tried a lavender bar (not sure if it was the Dagoba or not). It adds a sort of balsam flavor (think pine nuts/mango/rose water). Checking out their site shows a chai bar which looks very interesting.

--Patrick

Dagoba has some pretty interesting flavors. We have a policy of getting a "treat" on every shopping trip, and we've tried a lavender bar (not sure if it was the Dagoba or not). It adds a sort of balsam flavor (think pine nuts/mango/rose water). Checking out their site shows a chai bar which looks very interesting.

--Patrick
Chai.... I would try that in a heartbeat.

Pretzel M&Ms. Not only a satisfying drunk, but a salty tang to it.

On the topic, anyone here eat those giant M&Ms? Me neither, practically disappeared a week after they were released.

Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, either regular or miniature. The minis and the big bite ones just don't have the right balance.