[Brazelton] Colin Powell

It's a sad statement to modern politics that Powell was a horrible right-wing (semi-)fascist hawk delivering fake intel and "convincing" the populace with lies in his time...Yet by today's standards, he was anti-Trump and pro-Constitution and as such falls in the "still human and can possibly be reasoned with" more moderate side of the Republican party.

Honestly wish this didn't happen, mostly because he is a high profile Republican figure and he was fully vaccinated, which is just going to fuel the anti-vaxx crowd all the more going into the end of the year.

It won't matter that he was 84 years old and likely already suffering from health issues that would make it hard to shrug off any infection let alone COVID, vax or no, they will just see it as a failure of the jab. This is why we all should get vaccinated, so that an old or immunocompromised person will have less of a chance of getting it in the first place, vaccinated or no. Ugh.

Well, if he had other health issues, then according to R-logic, he died of that and not actually COVID. Because you know Covid isn't that contagious and this is all a ploy, blah blah blah.

Anyway, I'm not going to celebrate the man's death, but I'm not going to mourn him either. He was an honorable man up until the whole lying to the UN thing, which he at least did say was a huge mistake and owned up to it. I've not seen many other political figures of any stripe that have been willing to do similar.

So supposedly, based on what I am reading, he had multiple myeloma. My research into it marks it as a cancer where plasma cells in your bone marrow abnormally grow large, and actually lower your ability to create other types of blood cells, including different types of white blood cells used to fight infection.

In other words, even if the vaccine helped a bit by allowing his body to know the virus markers, it's likely his body would be unable to actually gather the army needed to fight it off or heal any infection caused by it. It's like marching into battle with a full battle plan but about ten thousand less troops then required to pull it off.