Comic Book News

"This Kent wants to kick ass and take names. He is frustrated and wants others to acknowledge his superior abilities and strengths.
And at the end he gets struck by lightning and dies...

At least Siegel and Shuster just copied the powers, not the story.

Part of me is excited...part of me is worried that somehow Bendis will take his place, and Bendis every book that isn't his.

We don't know what was in that golden contract they gave him, IT COULD HAPPEN!

Zappit

Staff member
Blunder Twin powers, activate, amirite?

Seriously, though, I think they’re just fucking with the Comicsgate goons with this one.

All I can think about is how bad this is guaranteed to be, and I’m actually full of ideas on how to make it all not suck.

To be fair, Warlock's mutation is not being evil, like the rest of the Technarchy...

So it's not like Marvel hasn't always been silly.

figmentPez

Staff member
The Daily Wire has published an article decrying the American Library Association for "pushing shockingly obscene comics on schoolkids". Among those comics listed in the article is "Superman Smashes the Klan".

It's a trash news outlet, but it's really telling to take the stance that there's something wrong with Superman putting a stop to violent racism.

Okay so I asked EVS in haiku why he spoiled Jon Kent coming out, and...well-
1634010520159.png

this...is a scummy response right? I feel I should follow up on this.

I.....don't really see how his response is scummy?
I mean, "I had a scoop and I divulged a secret to drive traffic my way" is pretty much what every media outlet is trying to do constantly.
Sure, there's a difference between "Jon Kent is [whatever, I wouldn't know, gay? trans? I don't follow this kind of news)" and "Mark Zuckerberg has been harvesting organs to fuel the Facebook servers!" or "this cop killed an innocent and was protected by this corrupt judge", but within the context... If someoen who isn't affiliated and isn't under NDA somehow got a scoop on your story, sucks to be you?
I don't particularly like it or anything, but I'm not really seeing how what he did or said there is so wrong?

He spoiled a future story (dick move) and admitted to only doing so just to further his personal brand, so greed. Just because it was legal, doesn't make it any less of a dick move, and he deserves to be criticized.