CPAC Craigslist Gay Sex Ads

Status
Not open for further replies.
News flash: you can be gay and still support the republicans and vice versa without being a hypocrite. If a party supports most of your beliefs, it can be better to work to change it and achieve your long term goals than to start a new party which will have a harder time gaining traction than appealing to those within the party that are receptive to separating fiscal conservatism from social conservatism.

You really buy into the whole polarization of the American political system, don't you? I suppose it's nice that everything is so black and white - it excuses you from discussing the topic rationally so you can instead spend your time lovingly crafting broad sweeping generalizations.

It's bi-partisanship; I would just think that the level of anti-gay in the conservative party would outweigh any positives that conservative homosexuals could gain from aligning with the group as a whole, but I'm neither gay nor conservative, so I don't know. I imagine there must be a bit of inner conflict though, as I've seen with homosexuals I know who are also Christian.

Would you also say that the level of pro-gay in the liberal party would outweigh any positives that socially conservative people could gain from aligning with the group as a whole?

The politicians love it this way - It's much easier to gain supporters based on the hearts and beliefs of the people rather than the merits of the rest of their platform. Appeal to people's religious beliefs and their feelings and you'll have a much stronger appeal to your base than if you describe how much your policies will positively affect the deficit.

Yet less than 10% of what either party will do once in office affects social issues.

This article and discussion only serve to continue and support that polarization - the idea that homosexual individuals cannot be conservative, and that one cannot find values in one party or another if even one aspect of their belief system doesn't match with that party's platform.

It's essentially saying that people should be defined by their political party, rather than letting the political party be defined by the people supporting it.

I can see your point. If the most important and biggest party of your identity is your sexuality, and nothing in your life is more important than expressing it, improving it, and getting people to acknowledge it, then it doesn't matter what the rest of the platform of any party is - the only part that is important is the part that affects your sexuality.

Most people, however, have many aspects to their lives, and their sexuality is only one part of it.

Those who focus on only one aspect of their lives, and blindly follow the party that appeals most to that one aspect rather than weighing the sum total of the platform may find themselves unhappy with the outcome, even if their one most important desire was met.

ElJuski

Staff member
news flash: the hypocrisy comes from these so-called "conservatives" with "moral values" going behind closed doors to have their self-loathing ass fucking and wife-cheating. REAL Republicans shouldn't even give a shit about what men or women do with any of their holes. It's ridiculous that this convention, based on some sort of moral high ground, is still as scummy as the d-bags protesting at its doors.

At least the Occupy crowd has the sense of being upfront with their douchebaggery.

I was going to say there is a pro-gay candidate on the Republican ticket, but Ron Paul isn't going to CPAC this year.

Polarization of the American political system means people can get screwed over by both sides of the aisle.

Believe it or not, it was unintentional.

But I'll take credit for a funny, even if it's pretty much a description of the last 12 months of my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.