[Announcement] DarkAudit is losing his home

Dave

Staff member
Again. DarkAudit is losing his home again. After the foreclosure he's been living at the hotel. Well, they just got sold and he has to GTFO. Now he's scrambling to stay off the street. He found a place but with deposit and rent, he's stretched to the limit.

Let's do something about that limit. He's not asking - Gasbandit is the one who started this - but reading through his posts he needs a couple hundred. I set the limit for $500 but if we break through that I don't think anyone would complain. We got this.

Great time to learn I'm locked out of PayPal unless I can remember who my favorite teacher was when I made my account or if I can get access to my home phone that's been disconnected for a decade...

@DarkAudit if you have a venmo, DM me.

Great time to learn I'm locked out of PayPal unless I can remember who my favorite teacher was when I made my account or if I can get access to my home phone that's been disconnected for a decade...

@DarkAudit if you have a venmo, DM me.
As if you don't remember the name of that one hot teacher in leather pants.

Thanks to everyone. With help from my sister for the deposit, first thing in the morning I can hand over paperwork and money. :)

Just a heads up, past a certain point, PayPal put a hold on anything coming in. I followed the "get money sooner" procedures, but that only shortens the delay. Not a problem here, as that $ would be going for amenities to make the place livable. Just good to know for the next time someone needs our help.

All that's left is signing the lease, fill out the property condition survey, and move stuff. :D

Spectrum guy has to come by tomorrow morning to check the apartment's cable connection. No signal to the modem. :(

Dave

Staff member
When you want me to remove the donate link? I was going to do it tomorrow morning.

When you want me to remove the donate link? I was going to do it tomorrow morning.
Tomorrow morning is good. I have virtually no furniture (one chair, a microwave cart, and some ikea cube shelves), so I'm going to have to do a lot of shopping once that hold comes off.

Oh man, that stove. So tiny!

—Patrick
I’ve had a stove like that before. I had to cut my pizzas in half to cook them. Unless you plan to host a giant meal with a ton of people, which you’d never do in a small apartment anyways, it’s just wasted space having a full size one.

I tried to convince my wife to replace our washer and dryer with a pair of HE washer/dryer combos. She didn’t want to do it. Ah well.

—Patrick