[Brazelton] David Crosby, 81

Kinda thought he'd outlive Young.

--Patrick
Surprised Crosby made it as long as he did. He had a hell of a time with substance abuse. They made some great music.

For those who haven't seen it, Echoes in the Canyon is a nice doc about The Byrd's, CSN and Y, and other groups from that time.

Last edited:
I went through some "Best of Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young" lists and... I don't think I recognize any songs I've listened to. Feels a little weird, since I've known of them for forever.

I went through some "Best of Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young" lists and... I don't think I recognize any songs I've listened to. Feels a little weird, since I've known of them for forever.
I don't know how much of their stuff was strictly from the Super Group and which was from previous projects. I think of Teach Your Children and Our House when it comes to them. Though, are those from CSN or CSNY? A super fan would probably know. I am definitely a casual folk fan at best. I like The Byrds, and Neil Young's solo stuff better.

Maybe it depends on your age :) I know a lot of their songs, but from my childhood. I just went the first youtube playlist that came up when I put "Best of Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young" into Youtube
Judy Blue Eyes, Long Time Gone, Just a Song Before I Go, and Southern Cross were the first 4 songs on the list, and I knew them all.

I don't know how much of their stuff was strictly from the Super Group and which was from previous projects. I think of Teach Your Children and Our House when it comes to them. Though, are those from CSN or CSNY? A super fan would probably know. I am definitely a casual folk fan at best. I like The Byrds, and Neil Young's solo stuff better.
Teach Your Children and Our House were both written by Graham Nash, but they first recorded them for the CSNY Deja Vu album in 1970, at least according to wikipedia