Dead at Work. AMA?

Working today and Saturdays are often dead. I have some comics to read to pass the time.

How about an AMA?
(One question at a time, please. Or at least don't throw like 20 questions at me all at once. It's kinda overwhelming.)

Gun to your head, you have to get a tattoo, what do you get?
I've had a few ideas for years, actually:
-A Dill tattoo on my shoulder, so I can say Dill always has my back.
-Something on the scar I have on my forearm from axe throwing.
-Some kind of cycling-related tattoo.

If you could visit any location at any time period, where and when would you go?
Ooh, interesting question. If I could observe and explore safely without getting eaten or affect the timeline, I'd love to go back to a time with dinosaurs. Film it, if possible, for scientists to study when I got back. Just to see how much science got right and watch religious nuts blow their mind.

If you could do a biking trip (and video diary!) any where in the world, where would it be?
Several! I've honestly never traveled outside North America. I really need to write a "Bike-It List."

-All of Nova Scotia, not just to Lunenburg like I did last year.
-Bike all over Prince Edward Island
-The Cabot Trail in Cape Breton (which would be really exhausting but so scenic)
-Across all of Canada (that...might take awhile)
-There's apparently some routes to bike through the US.
-Bhutan, because they apparently have a NEGATIVE carbon emissions footprint and I'd love to travel through and observe what that looks like.
-Various Asian countries, because they look gorgeous of what I've seen.
-Some kind of European biking tour.
-Croatia, because I've heard about some amazing biking tours through the mountains there. It'd probably be similarly exhausting as Cape Breton.

That is among the most badass reasons to have a scar.

What 3 movies would you pick for the rest of your life, but:
1 has to be black & white
1 has to be from the 80s
1 has to be unpopular but you love it anyway?
I got the scar in the dumbest way, too. My best friend and I had a friendly competition for most points scored. She won. So I bowed to one knee to honor the victor. When I did, though, I crossed the axe under my arm and SLICE! Cut right in the forearm. It was just a scratch, no worse than a deep cat scratch, but I can still say I got a scar from axe throwing.
FB_IMG_1657986561775.jpg

As to the question, hmmm. The first two are easy.

Black & white movie: Out of the Past (1947)
80s: Back to the Future

The third one, I'm not sure. Cloud Atlas, perhaps. It's incredibly divisive. People either love it or hate. And while I recognize it's problematic, I love it.

Last edited:
Valve contact you to say they've finally learnt to count to 3 - but they're only going to do it once. So they're going to make either Half-Life 3, Portal 3, or Left 4 Dead 3 & you get to choose which one. What do you pick & why?

Valve contact you to say they've finally learnt to count to 3 - but they're only going to do it once. So they're going to make either Half-Life 3, Portal 3, or Left 4 Dead 3 & you get to choose which one. What do you pick & why?
Half-Life 3 and it's not even a competition. I like the Portal games well enough, but 2 was enough. And I'm not a fan of the Left 4 Dead games (plus, Back 4 Blood exists now and that's Left 4 Dead in all but name).

If this were a game show, I would've hit the buzzer the second you said Half-Life 3 without hearing the other options.

Half-Life 3 and it's not even a competition. I like the Portal games well enough, but 2 was enough. And I'm not a fan of the Left 4 Dead games (plus, Back 4 Blood exists now and that's Left 4 Dead in all but name).

If this were a game show, I would've hit the buzzer the second you said Half-Life 3 without hearing the other options.
I think I prefer Left 4 Dead to Back 4 Blood, but I still agree that 2 is enough, and maybe even one too many since L4D2 feels like DLC (or what I still sometimes call an expansion pack) to me.

L4D2 will be the name of the droid in the Star Wars film I write.

I got the scar in the dumbest way, too. My best friend and I had a friendly competition for most points scored. She won. So I bowed to one knee to honor the victor. When I did, though, I crossed the axe under my arm and SLICE! Cut right in the forearm. It was just a scratch, no worse than a deep cat scratch, but I can still say I got a scar from axe throwing.

As to the question, hmmm. The first two are easy.

Black & white movie: Out of the Past (1947)
80s: Back to the Future

The third one, I'm not sure. Cloud Atlas, perhaps. It's incredibly divisive. People either love it or hate. And while I recognize it's problematic, I love it.
I love Cloud Atlas