[Gaming] Dead by Daylight (currently free weekend on Steam))

I hate the epic store, but for those of you that don't, Dead by Daylight is available for free for a limited time there.

So the free sale on Epic Store is still going on, but for anyone that wants to get into the game but hates epic, I've still got a steam key for the no longer available Stranger Things bundle, which includes the base game and the recently removed (but still available to those that have this bundle) stranger things characters.

I did it. I hit Iridescent rank 1, the highest rank you can go. I am king of killers. And I did it on Legion of all people.

View attachment 39677
I main legion, love them.

I shouldn't be far behind, iri 3 atm but Endwalker is taking up most of my time. Ranks are fun, they get you bonus blood points every month at the rank reset, but they don't really mean a whole lot. They're basically a show of number of games played since you can no longer go lower in rank

I main legion, love them.

I shouldn't be far behind, iri 3 atm but Endwalker is taking up most of my time. Ranks are fun, they get you bonus blood points every month at the rank reset, but they don't really mean a whole lot. They're basically a show of number of games played since you can no longer go lower in rank
Yeah but I can tell you within a minute of the match if I'm playing high or low MMR. Although I've never been too clear If MMR is killer specific or across the board. I played a rotation of legion/spirit/nurse through gold and iridescent. I want to level up clown for a few of his perks but I only really feel comfortable taking on high mmr survivors with the usual assortment of tryhard perks with those killers.

Yeah but I can tell you within a minute of the match if I'm playing high or low MMR. Although I've never been too clear If MMR is killer specific or across the board. I played a rotation of legion/spirit/nurse through gold and iridescent. I want to level up clown for a few of his perks but I only really feel comfortable taking on high mmr survivors with the usual assortment of tryhard perks with those killers.
There's no hard data on how mmr works, but for killers it's believed that each killer has a separate mmr but is raised a certain amount by your highest among killers.

You can also just play whatever you like and put those bloodpoints into clown. You don't have to play clown to level him up, but I actually find him pretty comfortable to play. And pop is super strong for slowdown (so is ruin from Hag)

Also, I don't know if you've bothered to purchase leatherface, but he really does have the most impactful teachable perk. BBQ&Chili is not just a good perk for seeing survivor auras, but it also earns you double blood points

There's no hard data on how mmr works, but for killers it's believed that each killer has a separate mmr but is raised a certain amount by your highest among killers.

You can also just play whatever you like and put those bloodpoints into clown. You don't have to play clown to level him up, but I actually find him pretty comfortable to play. And pop is super strong for slowdown (so is ruin from Hag)
I more of less stopped running ruin. Hex perks are useless after survivors break the totem which in my games is roughly a minute. I could run undying, but I feel like I'm better off running other perks. Thay being said, for less experienced teams, Hex ruin is devastating. I just feel like boons have made hex perks riskier to run.
Post automatically merged:

Also, I don't know if you've bothered to purchase leatherface, but he really does have the most impactful teachable perk. BBQ&Chili is not just a good perk for seeing survivor auras, but it also earns you double blood points
Yep, got him to rank 40 just to grab that one lol.

I more of less stopped running ruin. Hex perks are useless after survivors break the totem which in my games is roughly a minute. I could run undying, but I feel like I'm better off running other perks. Thay being said, for less experienced teams, Hex ruin is devastating. I just feel like boons have made hex perks riskier to run.
Post automatically merged:

Yep, got him to rank 40 just to grab that one lol.
Hex Ruin is good on Hag and Demo, who can both easily defend the totem. But even in builds that won't be able to protect it I still find it valuable. Combine it with corrupt intervention and you manage to slow down the first couple of minutes of the game, where the killer is at the weakest. And even if it only survives one or two minutes that's still time where you aren't getting genrushed and can pressure the survivors.

Pop really is a powerhouse though. I alternate between it and jolt for my cooldown of choice, but pop is targeted gen regression whenever you are able to hook someone, but sometimes it's hard to capitalize on it

Last edited:
Good ol' Starstruck. I wasn't even trying to do this, but clicky-clicky squad tried to swarm.

View attachment 39823
I personally prefer Mad Grit. It's the legion perk that gives you no cooldown on attack while carrying someone and pauses the wiggle timer every time you hit someone. Combine it with agitation, the trapper perk that makes you move faster while carrying, and you can be ultra aggressive. Turn someone into a backpack while you hunt their friends.

I had a great game against a streamer playing as stealth michael myers, so here is that game from their perspective, with me playing the killer, Mikey.

Update to this old thread, I'm still playing Dead by Daylight, and it's currently got a free weekend on Steam starting today and lasting until halloween.