[PC Game] Diablo IV: Will Activision screw up yet another Blizzard IP?

The cinematic trailer has a great vibe, but the gameplay trailer just looks like more of the same. I'm unimpressed.

Yeah, my phone's been blowing up about it, but I'm at work and won't get to watch them for another few hours.

--Patrick

Looks like we get talent trees separate from skills:

And HP and Mana Orbs at the same side of the screen:

Dave

Staff member
It's also going to be open world instead of linear, multiplayer, and have PvP. Oh, and "hundreds" of instanced dungeons.

This is going to be Diablo IV the MMO. Which REALLY appeals to me, but I'm not playing any Blizzard games.

Oh Jesus, the game isn't coming soon at all, not even "Blizzard" soon. Nice smokescreen for the China thing Blizzard. I guess it's worked.

Dave

Staff member
Oh Jesus, the game isn't coming soon at all, not even "Blizzard" soon. Nice smokescreen for the China thing Blizzard. I guess it's worked.
What date did they give? I find it odd that it would be projected that far out considering the demo at BlizzCon was a fully playable one (from what I hear).

What date did they give? I find it odd that it would be projected that far out considering the demo at BlizzCon was a fully playable one (from what I hear).
They literally said during the panel that it wasn't coming soon, not even by their standards. It's years off at the least.

"" During the panel, Blizzard also said that Diablo 4's release is a long ways off. "We are not coming out soon. Not even 'Blizzard soon'," said director Luis Barriga. ""

It wasn't a very big area, and you know they likely spent a few weeks making it playable to make people talk about it instead of the HK thing.

Here's a stream:

Blizzard also said that Diablo 4's release is a long ways off. "We are not coming out soon. Not even 'Blizzard soon'," said director Luis Barriga.
You know, I'm ok with this if it means they don't release what's essentially a half-assed console port.

--Patrick

It wasn't a very big area, and you know they likely spent a few weeks making it playable to make people talk about it instead of the HK thing.

Here's a stream:

I saw part of that guy's first reaction video and got just plain too annoyed at his amnesia and tinted glasses towards D1, D2 and D3. "the darkest ever" and all that. "It's like a horror movie". Jeeze. Yes, because Marius in the asylum was a happy fluffy unicorn story? Adria boiling and shooting blood and dumping you in a cauldron of blood in D3 is light and poppy? Etc. He's also just plain an idiot in some of the games he's playing in this video. Didn't watch the whole thing but....Ugh.

Still, it's an interesting different vibe, it is more like D2 so far... We'll see. Lots in flux yet that he's treating as fact. "No sohulder slot! Oh my!" Yeah, no belt, boots or bracers, either - inventory is extremely limited right now - if it stays this way, no wonder they're avoiding sets - you can't wear a 6-piece set if there are only 5 slots. I'm not a huge fan of b eing forced to see other players in my game. And we'll have to wait and see how they monetize- expansions are great and I don't mind microtransactions for cosmetics, but...nothing's set in stone, years out.