[Crafting] Dirona's projects

My most recent completed project was a Christmas gift. A embroidery kit. Something I last did when I was under 10, and did poorly.

This 6" piece took about 8 hours, and used stitches i had never heard of. I'm super p,eased with how it turned out.
20201231_195614.jpg

back in November I was gifted a crocheting kit, which terrifies me, because I've tried to pick that up twice, and can't seem to get it. But it's next.

There's still something wonky in my granny square creation, but round 2 this evening went fairly smooth. I only ripped out maybe three stitches, and did the whole thing from memory/without a guide or pattern.

I can see why folks would do a square a day long term. You get far more finished product per minute with crocheting than with knitting. And that's as a complete noob in crochet and nominally comfortable in knitting.

PXL_20210102_010307904.jpg

Last edited:
I made a ball! It was a tad wonky, but if I could have filled it, it would have been at least vaguely spherical.

I also did a small granny square from memory and deliberately messed with the edge, and it seems to have worked.

Progress!!
20210102_163933.jpg

I have made... a mouse! Well, most of a mouse, I ran out of yarn maybe three rows from the tip of the nose.
Either way. I made a thing, it exists in 3d space, from a written pattern that I followed!

The written pattern thing is the biggest win here, because there is a crap load of shorthand even in the most basic of crocheting patterns, none of which overlap with knitting which I can read better-ish.
20210103_131005.jpg

Oh God y'all. I cannot draw. Like at all. It's bad.

I received a figure drawing book and sketch book for Christmas, and I'm trying to learn how to draw faces... And, ya, it'll be a while before any of these sketches make it on to this thread. I'm trying, and they are recognizable as human. But that's about it.

On the plus side, my square-a-day crochet project continues apace.

But holy crap. I really suck at drawing.

Oh God y'all. I cannot draw. Like at all. It's bad.

I received a figure drawing book and sketch book for Christmas, and I'm trying to learn how to draw faces... And, ya, it'll be a while before any of these sketches make it on to this thread. I'm trying, and they are recognizable as human. But that's about it.

On the plus side, my square-a-day crochet project continues apace.

But holy crap. I really suck at drawing.
But with all the practice you had in Jackbox! :D

I actually finished this a few weeks ago, but forgot to post it.

I wanted to try making a larger crochet project and use up some yarn, so I found a simple enough infinity scarf/cowl pattern... And I think it worked. The colour in the picture doesn't do it justice. The middle is more silvery and the outer is darker purple with silver.
PXL_20210119_201049355.jpg