Do you get high on marijuana?

• Hey heeey. Smoke weed everyday.

• I do sometimes.

• I've tried it a few times.

• Medical

• Nah.

• I would if it were legal.

Results are only viewable after voting.
This thread was also started before legalization was so widespread! There's a whole legal industry in some states now, it's weird how some states (and the feds) hold on so tight to the losing battle of keeping it illegal, though.

Mexico has decriminalized weed and made CBD legal. Supposedly full legalization is imminent, you've probably seen the headlines for a couple of years "MEXICO POISED TO LEGALIZE", but in practice the senate is too... senate-y. It'll be 5 years until I can go into a smoke shop to buy flower, methinks, AT LEAST.

But like I mentioned years ago here, I have pretty bad insomnia and anxiety and I've tried the "proper" and legal meds, but the side efects are always always worse than weed's, with similar or worse results for the anxiety itself. So I've been clearly self-medicating illegaly and then semi-legally since my early 20's.

But since April 20 2021 (yes that's 420, kinda by coincidence kinda not) I switched to almost exclusively vaping. No fire, only terps.

I recently upgraded my starter herb vape to the Mighty+, the Ferrar.. actually it's german, let's call it the BMW of herb vapes, and if any of you consume regulalry I can't recommend switching away from fire enough. You use less, you get just as high (or more, you destroy some cannabinoids with fire that the vape keeps) and your lungs and whole respiratory system will feel like new. Oh and you can keep your Already Vaped herb for edibles.

1659021238881.png

(not my picture I'm not that hairy)

I don't any more much. But that's common for me, I'll go in alternating waves where I do daily for a few years then slowly taper off to none and finally stop for a few years, then pick up again eventually.

I'd also switched over the course of time from smoking joints to bongs/pipes to home vaporizer to handheld and finally to edibles. There was some overlap of the last two when I last stopped but I find edibles easier to manage day to day and milder over all.

Canada went legalised October 2018, but having lived in BC for 10 years before that, and even in Ontario to some extent before moving, it always kind of was anyway.

I can buy the hemp derived edibles here legally (for now) and enjoy those

Fun story the first time I got it they all had melted together. I didn't realize that this was 10 gummies fused into 1 so I was like "God damn this is big but I guess it makes sense. They can't use too much THC for it to be legal. Better be safe though and only take half"

Fuckin on the moon by the end of the night.

Edibles I always go by half now, half in an hour but that still would have sent me to space as well.

Did you know that an estimated 10-15% of the population is immune to edible THC because of some enzyme in their liver (or lack thereof) that won't metabolize the THC into it's psychedelic edible form?

I know it first hand because I'M ONE OF THEM.

For years I thought my (smoking) tolerance made it hard for me to feel the edibles I can get down here (which isn't really a thing, smoked THC is a different molecule than ingested THC after it passes through the liver, so tolerances shouldn't be the same). Then one tiny bite of a weed cookie sent a friend to the ER (he was ok just a noob)... after I had eaten 2 entire ones with literally no effect.

So I decided to put it to the test, got 3 big-ass brownies that I knew had at least 150mg in each. Half of one is what a stoner friend eats to completely zonk-off for an entire evening. And he weighs like 1.5x Callejas.

I ate 3. In one sitting. It was hard af even with milk, but I had SCIENCING to do.

Nothing happened. I didn't even get a slight buzz.

So, yeah. I envy you edibles people because that's actually the best way to actually measure dosage and I'd love to be able to microdose and shit.

But nooooooo stupid DNA keeps barring me from fun stuff.

• Hug
Reactions: Far
I realize now that while I answered the poll, I never elaborated:

I tried it once, in 2005 or so. It did NOTHING to me, so I figured there was no point and never did it again.

That was the same evening I tried a cigarette for the first and last time. Unlike weed, which was I was just wholly indifferent to, tobacco grossed me out. It tasted like ass past its prime.

So never touched THAT again either.

I realize now that while I answered the poll, I never elaborated:

I tried it once, in 2005 or so. It did NOTHING to me, so I figured there was no point and never did it again.

That was the same evening I tried a cigarette for the first and last time. Unlike weed, which was I was just wholly indifferent to, tobacco grossed me out. It tasted like ass past its prime.

So never touched THAT again either.
Not that I'm trying to turn you into a pothead or anything, but "it didn't do anything" is everyone's first reaction, especially if you're not a regular smoker of anything else.

I definitely had the "did it once and it did nothing" experience when this thread was posted. A couple years later I inhaled a bowl with some friends and had an amazing experience that I haven't had a chance to do again since, but definitely interested. I've tried edibles and they don't hit me the same. The neighboring state I'm on the border of just full legalized so I could have a chance to pop in and just buy some soon, I haven't felt like driving the opposite direction across the state to Denver.

I've never really tried it properly. About 30 yrs ago, I had the most micro toke and nothing happened. I was quite straightedge through HS and most of college. I have never lived where it was legal, but would like to try it. I am way more interested in psilocybin though. Never tried that.

I've never really tried it properly. About 30 yrs ago, I had the most micro toke and nothing happened. I was quite straightedge through HS and most of college. I have never lived where it was legal, but would like to try it. I am way more interested in psilocybin though. Never tried that.
I had a good time on it but I'd highly recommend going in very prepared. We got easy access snacks and stuff and set aside the whole day. Anything that can bring the mood down was felt a lot more. Like we were listening to a D&D actual play and the group was in the forrest of the nightmare king and that started to be unfun. We turned it off though and did something else.

I haven't tripped since but sometimes I make a little tea with it in small doses. If I can get the dose right it's VERY relaxing.

I am such a square that I probably won't try it until I can get it from Walgreens. But I've read Michael Pollans book and listened to a bunch of podcasts about it. I think I could really benefit from it.

Tried out a weed gummy over the week-end. It tasted awful and had about as much effect as an actual gummy bear.

So, strike 2?

GasBandit

Staff member
Ohhh that's the mention I got a notification about? SPAM BOTS ON WEED?!
Yeah, I've noticed that spam bots have started trying to tag other posters in the thread in their spam posts.

It's a frustrating fight against these guys. CAPTCHA is only about 75% effective, and most of what gets through that is caught by other anti-spam methods... but in the current climate of botnets, rapidly proliferating VPNs, chinese/russian spam farms, and of course, AI, it's inevitable that one or two a week are going to get through.