• Hey heeey. Smoke weed everyday.

• I do sometimes.

• I've tried it a few times.

• Medical

• Nah.

• I would if it were legal.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Petition to change the brazelton tag to the BLAZE A TON TAG

Also for the purposes of this poll/posts, assume "smoking" includes vaping, edibles, dabs, wax, whatever science method you use that isn't combustion.

Normally I don't like non-public polls, but I realize that there are a lot of cops on this site and our personal information and all that, so I realize it might be better to keep it anonymous.

Also if you get high medically and recreationally, just pick whichever you feel is the more accurate choice

It's apparently gonna be legal in Canada soon, but my answer is no. I don't smoke weed.

I doubt I'll bother with it when it's legal, either

GasBandit

Staff member
Couple times in college. Didn't like how it made me feel... my brain felt like I was underwater too long and couldn't come up for air.

I had more edibles than I should've and it was maybe the worst experience of my life. Even the good parts of the high didn't feel as good as a nice drunk, so I just stick to alcohol.

I tried it a couple times, didn't particularly like it, but I'm all for legalizing it. If it were legal, I'd probably try it again, but doubt it would be a regular thing.

Have never smoked it, don't feel that I ever will. But then, I said I would never drink, so...

On the other hand, I think it should be legalized and regulated, just like booze. People are still gonna grow their own, even sell covertly, but if there is a legal supply, there would be a lot less fringe members doing covert shit to obtain it. And we could finally stop bothering kids whose only crime was smoking a blunt. I've got other things to do.

I feel like I could do a good job growing it, like some sort of niche small-batch person.
That said, I have never smoked nor otherwise consumed it.
I would never smoke it mainly because I have never smoked anything and have that unbroken streak going and want to keep it until I die.
As to other consumption...well, I don't drink for effect*, so I probably wouldn't cannabis for effect, though I think I would probably try to at least once just so I could find out what all the fuss was about.

--Patrick
*I do not wish to operate without control rods in place, I feel like I might inflict an amount of cruelty that I would regret later.

Dave

Staff member
I have imbibed a grand total of once. I did not find the experience rewarding. In fact, it's my closer for my comedy routine. Well, for every one except the upcoming post prom.

I think weed should be legal, taxed, and regulated. But I still wouldn't do it. Not because I'm high & mighty (excusing the pun), just that it and I did not play well together.

My biggest eye-opener on this was my father, my straight-arrow, rarely-drinking, I catch you smoking I'll beat your ass father, talking about getting clear of his security clearance and buying a dime bag. It was at this point that I learned my father was a libertarian, by and large.

Of course, his constant obtaining of computer games from... alternate suppliers should've been my first clue.

Have never touched it for the same reason I've never smoked anything legal, either: I can't stand the smell. And having been around people who were partaking, nothing about their reactions made me feel like I wasn't missing anything.

Count me in for those who think it should be legal, taxed and regulated, but I also think that the penalties for getting driving under the influence should be extremely unforgiving. Blaze up all you want in your home, but don't even think of getting behind the wheel where you can kill another person. (I wish drunk driving laws were stricter, too.)

Last edited:
I was a non-smoker living in a house of guys (4 others) that did. Man, all my other college friends thought I was a head because all my stuff smelled like burnt rope.

I likely had more contact highs than a stoner's cat.

But when I did try, I did not like the way I felt.

I agree it should be legalized. When my grandfather was getting radiation treatments it destroyed his salivary glands and he lost his appetite. Added to being taken off of Prednisone, he lost a lot of weight at once. My mom and I wanted to get him some weed so he would eat, but we were afraid of getting caught.

Have never touched it for the same reason I've never smoked anything legal, either: I can't stand the smell.
I think that most herbs and even tobacco smell wonderful. I mean, I've contemplated hanging up sachets of vanilla pipe tobacco to have that smell wafting about my house.
But unfortunately, most people ignore that and go and set it on fire, and that is a smell that I also am not fond of.

--Patrick

I have never smelled a cigar that didn't have the odor of a Port-a-Potty.

Pipes and pipe tobacco, though, remind me of the grandfather I mentioned in my previous post.

I'm one of those that has never smoked anything and has no desire to. I did have a roommate once that did smoke weed and I didn't really care.

I have asthma so smoking anything is a bad idea. That being said, I think it should be legalized and regulated like alcohol.

My friends's dad used to smoke a pipe, and whatever tobacco he used always smelled lovely. This may be the exception for me, but it didn't make we want to take up pipe smoking.

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

God, I wish I could smoke a little every week. I expected to hate it, but it takes away my anxiety without making me feel lazy or stupid. It mainly just makes me very quiet and calm for a little while. I've done work on it. It doesn't immobilize me like alcohol does. In a small town like this, it would completely destroy my chances of employment if I ever did it and got caught. So I almost never do it.

Dave

Staff member
See, that's just dumb. You could get ripped drunk every night and people would say, "Well, they needed the buzz." Yet weed would ruin you and it's less destructive, not habit forming, and those who use it do not get violent. If anything, weed should be legal and alcohol should be outlawed. It IS the gateway drug, you know.

I personally believe that alcohol is way more dangerous.

I'm curious to see how legalizing it will go here and how much tax revenue it will generate.

In the same way that masturbation is... it's not, in and of itself, addictive, but the results can be.
Right. Masturbation is ok, but if you start planning your whole life, every day around when you can rub one out next and you're having intrusive thoughts about masturbation, then you have a problem. If you smoke a joint now and then in the same way a casual drinker has a beer once in a while with friends, well ok. If you are spending a good part of the day planning out when you can get high next and not taking responsibility for other areas of your life, then you might have an abusive habit.

Right. Masturbation is ok, but if you start planning your whole life, every day around when you can rub one out next and you're having intrusive thoughts about masturbation, then you have a problem. If you smoke a joint now and then in the same way a casual drinker has a beer once in a while with friends, well ok. If you are spending a good part of the day planning out when you can get high next and not taking responsibility for other areas of your life, then you might have an abusive habit.
I don't think I'd be able to smoke in the shower.