Do you get high on marijuana?

• Hey heeey. Smoke weed everyday.

• I do sometimes.

• I've tried it a few times.

• Medical

• Nah.

• I would if it were legal.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I never have, and never will. You want to, fine, but if you get out in public and cause harm to someone, I want you buried under the jail.

I feel the same way about drinking, don't and won't.

I don't care if someone has a drink, or even likes to get drunk, but keep it off the streets where impairment can't affect other people that had nothing to do with your recreation.

fade

Staff member
Right. Masturbation is ok, but if you start planning your whole life, every day around when you can rub one out next and you're having intrusive thoughts about masturbation, then you have a problem.
You just described 50% of the population.

Whenever someone asks me if I ever smoke weed I tell them no, that my vice was dip. And then they all run away like scared peasants.

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

Yeah, I have to say....weed isn't addictive, fine, but it's damn well habit forming and psychologically addictive. I've had periods - coming off one now, in fact - where my whole life was pretty much "work, come home, fall in couch, smoke myself silly in front of TV, rinse, repeat", and anything that kept me away from being able to hole up in my security blanket/safe space/shelter/... and light up - going shopping, going out with friends, doing household chores - was an annoyance because it kept me from it.
I do enjoy a joint from time to time - it really helps me let go of a lot of anxieties, helps with not caring as much about some things, it takes a lot of the ever-heavy, ever-present load off my mind....But it doesn't solve anything. It just makes me care less. As such, for someone depressed or burnt out, it's at most a stopgap. But it's an easy rut to fall in, it's easy to get into a rhythm. I'm not saying it's particularly worse than the oh-so-many people who come home from work, settle in their couch, and open up the first beer of the evening - there's plenty of people like that too....But that isn't a great or healthy way of dealing with life, either.

I'm all in favor of legalization and taxation, as it really isn't any worse than cigarettes or alcohol... But those claiming it's "perfectly safe" or "not addictive" are somewhat disingenuous. It can be a problem, especially for people with addictive personalities. Just like alcohol or tobacco, it still needs sensibilization campaigns and such. It's not a life-destroying drug like cocaine or heroine is, certainly, but neither is it "harmless fun".

I don't. But for someone who doesn't, I'm about as liberal as a person can be regarding people who do. as long as it doesn't affect me, do your thing. I've probably had a contact high a couple of times though from parties I attended after work. I'm the guy who gets accused of being a cop because I refuse the joint when they pass it to me. The number of times I've had this conversation:

Stoner Dude takes a hit & passes the joint to me

Me: no thanks I don't smoke

Stoner dude: (as he passes the joint to the guy next to me, giving me the stink-eye) Are you a cop?

Me: Nope, not a cop

SD: Cause you know... if I ask you... you have to tell me.

Me: Well asking me as you pass me the joint is a little late don't ya think?

I've seen the all-consuming effect that it has on some people. I managed a restaurant for 10 years, waited tables in the same restaurant 5 years before that. I've seen a lot of college aged adults come in, start to discover the wonders of weed, & then lose all interest in all else. I had a kid come in, we called him Cartman because he was the physical embodiment of Eric Cartman, right down to the voice. When he started, he was active, he was an umpire for local youth baseball games. he would go out & do 5-6 games on a Saturday & several more during the week. He starts smoking weed, starts listening to Phish, and does fewer & fewer baseball games until he stops that completely & all he cares about is when he can blaze up next.

I actually had to have a meeting with my employees once after I almost caught them smoking weed out the back door. I say almost because I didn't actually catch them, just they looked real startled when I poked my head out the door to tell them that we had a table come in, & the area reeked of pot smoke. Shortly after I called the meeting to explain to them that I didn't care what they did with the other 18 hours a day that they weren't working at the restaurant, but during the 6 they were working at the restaurant, don't smoke weed. I can't control what they do before or after (although it would be nice if they could not come in higher than a kite), just give me 6 hours where you don't smoke on the premises. Of course, I also had to lock up the aerosol cans of whipped cream we kept in the walk-in cooler so, you know, once an addict...

I also had to break up a fight between two employees once because one dumbass left his carry-out styrofoam box of weed on the prep table when he went home & the other employee found it, took it home & smoked it.

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

I've seen the all-consuming effect that it has on some people. I managed a restaurant for 10 years, waited tables in the same restaurant 5 years before that. I've seen a lot of college aged adults come in, start to discover the wonders of weed, & then lose all interest in all else. I had a kid come in, we called him Cartman because he was the physical embodiment of Eric Cartman, right down to the voice. When he started, he was active, he was an umpire for local youth baseball games. he would go out & do 5-6 games on a Saturday & several more during the week. He starts smoking weed, starts listening to Phish, and does fewer & fewer baseball games until he stops that completely & all he cares about is when he can blaze up next.
This. Yes, greasy food or metal music can be habit forming....But I've found few other things (no, not even smartphones....usually) can so dominate a person's life. Far more than tobacco, and I might even say more than alcohol (though alcohol has worse other side effects). To paraphrase a professor from somewhere but I don't remember which or where, "pot smokers like to claim they become more creative and original when they smoke. Perhaps they do, at first. But I've seen far too many intelligent, creative people start smoking, and a while later, the only thing they use their intellect and creativity for, is to find the next place or way to light up".

Stoner Dude takes a hit & passes the joint to me

Me: no thanks I don't smoke

Stoner dude: (as he passes the joint to the guy next to me, giving me the stink-eye) Are you a cop?

Me: Nope, not a cop

SD: Cause you know... if I ask you... you have to tell me.

Me: Well asking me as you pass me the joint is a little late don't ya think?
I've been that guy.
Also, the cops don't have to tell you, just FYI.

--Patrick

No interest whatsoever in actually smoking it. Don't really like things that get me out of my own head much (barely drink). I'm suspect I'm too much of a control freak.

Entirely in favor of legalization/regulation. The War on Drugs is a blight on our society.

Never have, and I'm not inclined to try it. I don't care for the smell, and there's no strong temptation to try in some other form. I wouldn't rule out some day with the right person/people.

Dave

Staff member
Not much, too much free time and Ed hit me up the other day worried about Hurricane Patty killing me and it warmed the cockles of my heart so I started lurking a bit and now I guess I'm posting again? For today?

Sup with you, Charles?
Yo! Who loves ya, baby?

GasBandit

Staff member
You too, FartThief! Been watching some of your YouTubes, you should do a solo Let's Play series, been kind of obsessed with those lately.
The real question is, did you watch Halforums Academy 2 yet?[DOUBLEPOST=1447351258,1447351218][/DOUBLEPOST]
He doesn't have time for solo games, we have co-oping to do! [emoji14]
Broadcasting most every weeknight around 8pm central on steam!

Yes, come watch me walk into clearly visible land mines, slip on every patch of ice, and aggro all packs of enemies with my face.

GasBandit

Staff member
Yes, come watch me walk into clearly visible land mines, slip on every patch of ice, and aggro all packs of enemies with my face.
Since my respec turned me basically into the incredible hulk, though, now it's my job to face-check everything.

STILL DO ERRYDAY

But now with a Mighty+ vaporizer instead of combustion because my lungs needed it and I'm old.

Man, straight arrow me from when this thread was made would scoff at the stoner dork I've become. I think he's a jack-booted asshole.

Dave

Staff member
I not only don’t but due to my job now I can’t. If there was an accident I’d get tested and if anything were in my system I’d be gone.

I had more edibles than I should've and it was maybe the worst experience of my life. Even the good parts of the high didn't feel as good as a nice drunk, so I just stick to alcohol.
In the time since i posted this i got into smoking, got to the point of daily usage, and waned back down to once a month at most.

In the time since this was posted I still haven't ever, by choice.
And not because of some holier-than-thou attitude, just because nothing has given me enough incentive to try.

--Patrick