Easy cartoon character costume?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pondered posting this in the Cosplay subforum, decided to post it here instead.

This Saturday, the 19th, is our company banquet. The organizers have decided to make the theme "cartoon characters", in that everyone dresses up as a character from a cartoon or anime. I don't think there's any penalty for not dressing up, but I've only worked here for six months and I'd really like people to think I fit in, so I'd prefer to show up in costume.

Now, it may surprise a lot of you to know that I don't in fact look like the buff guy in my signature. In fact, I am quite overweight. Really need to work on that. But anyway, I should probably aim to find a character suited to my body shape.

Originally I'd planned on going as Russell from Up. But then I found it's much harder than I thought to find a bright orange neckerchief, and the badges are a bitch to put together. I also considered going as Carl from the same movie, cause then I'd just need a bow tie, some suspenders, and a tweed jacket, but apparently helium balloons are harder to get around here than I'd anticipated.

So I ask you, my fellow halforumites, what cartoon character can I dress up as, with nothing more than two days of prep time? Any ideas?

20130116_223142_2.jpg

Stick with russel, and use brown cardboard for the badge holder, then draw the badges on, or print them out on white paper and glue them on. Orange construction paper can be used for the neckerchief as well, though I imagine you could probably find an orange tshirt or blanket you could cut up. For a simple costume, it's no crime to use paper and cardboard for the difficult to get pieces.

Think I'm going to go with Detective Conan, a character from anime:

detective-conan1.jpg

I happen to have a red bow tie from a drama production I did a few years back, and the rest should be easy... blazer, white shirt, sneakers, shorts, and I already wear glasses.

Thanks for the ideas, everyone. :)

Dave

Staff member
Take a white sheet, cut a bunch of holes in it (or paste on black circles). Go as Charlie Brown Halloween.[DOUBLEPOST=1358425465][/DOUBLEPOST]

Status
Not open for further replies.