Email Forwarding

The local Makerspace has a single account that is supposed to forward emails to the board members of the space. Earlier this year, one of the members tried to upgrade the method used, and it hasn't worked correctly since. A solution through Google mostly worked except that it would not forward emails it considered commercial, including notices of member payment issues from Paypal. The current solution is through GoDaddy, which ultimately is a Microsoft Office based solution. It is now completely broken.

The current solution uses a rule "If a message arrives into my Inbox, forward to...", and currently generates a list of "Your message wasn't delivered because the recipient's email provider rejected it." messages. I can log into the account and manually forward the message, which works. I tried changing the rule to "redirect to", which is the preferred option anyway, with similar results.

Although it isn't supposed to be my problem, our self appointed "software god" has ignored the problem for weeks now. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this, or a mail service that can correctly supply this functionality?