[Brazelton] Erin Moran

When I was in preschool, I'd watch Happy Days with my Mom. And when I was in high school, Nickelodeon always showed in on Nick at Nite. It was one of a handful of shows that my family could watch together.

I think I still have the TV guide with her on the cover somewhere, from back in the "Joni loves Chachi" days.

--Patrick

Dave

Staff member
Yeah this one is going to be a drug overdose or a suicide. She'd really fallen on hard times and was kicked out of the trailer she shared with her husband. When Happy Days had its reunion show she wouldn't appear because she'd found SUPER GOD and thought the show and those in it weren't wholesome enough.

This from a 1992 interview:

Reached by phone at her Southern California spread, Moran, 31, says she was invited to the Happy Days reunion but flatly declined. The actress who once played Richie’s perky kid sister now claims that every member of the cast is “evil,” adding, “I pray for them.” She also charges some relatives with being “bloodsuckers” who are after her money and accuses the government of conspiring to hook the country on crack and speed. Moran refutes tabloid reports that she herself was a drug addict and scoffs at rumors that she has “found God.” Says Erin: “I’ve always had God.” For the past five years she has been married to Rocky Ferguson, a singer whose style she describes as “eclectic” and for whom she recently produced a demo tape. As for future acting plans, Moran, who began her TV career at age 7, says, “I want to do a movie about my life as a child star.”

Yeah, her life post-TV wasn't the greatest.

She was cute, but I preferred Kristi McNichol.

Oh, and her character was Joanie Cunningham. And most of the show pre-Shark Jump was about as authentically Milwaukee as a Johnsonville brat with ketchup.

It's unfortunate that she had such a rough go of it. We only get one shot and some folks have it so hard (relatively speaking).

Dave

Staff member
NBC News is reporting late-stage cancer.

FUCK CANCER. Curbstomp it and take its wallet.
Interesting. I'd heard earlier this morning heroin overdose. Maybe it was both. Maybe she was in pain from the cancer and just wanted it to go away.

If the cancer thing is confirmed this will - in my eyes - go from tragically wasted talent to a sad end for a life that was never at peace.