[Soccer] Euro 2020 (2021)

Dave

Staff member
England's last four matches at the Euros have ended 0-0, 1-0, 2-0, and 4-0.

I predict an 8-0 win in their next match against Denmark. Math doesn't lie.
I have England winning 2-1. So I guess I'm going to be wrong.

Dave

Staff member
I don't think there's a way for me to lose now. Most @mikerc can get out of the last two matches is 60 points if he gets both scores right. Same with @Bubble181. Meanwhile, I can get 45 or 55 if England wins and even if I get everything hilariously wrong, I'm still 89 points up on second place.

I put my ignorance to the test and proved that sometimes it's better to be lucky than good!

Dave

Staff member
England wins 2-1. Called it. Gimme them 30 points and however many I get for England making it to the finals.

Dave

Staff member
Never mind. They only score the full time score so I only got 5. And 55 from England moving on.

I feel ripped off.

Dave

Staff member
Well shit. England screwed that penalty shootout really badly. Missing 3 of 5?!? The hell?

Well shit. England screwed that penalty shootout really badly. Missing 3 of 5?!? The hell?
Two of them were brought in specifically for the penalties. They hadn't touched a ball prior to kicking the penalty, which is an issue.
But yeah, that was weak.

I had to get up early for work so I couldn't watch the full match. After the shitty behavior of the fans I have to admit I feel a little bit of Schadenfreude.