[Soccer] Euro 2020 (2021)

I have set up a Halforums pool for predictions on this at https://www.tournamentfootball.co.uk/en/euro2020/pool/halforums & will be providing a £25 Steam digital gift card for the winner. 2 things to note:
1) You need to have all your predictions in before the first game kicks off at 21:00 CEST Friday 11th June.
2) The Steam gift card is only available to HalForumites. If any non posters here join this pool & tops the standings I will ignore them & give the prize to the highest ranking forumite so be sure to post in this thread with what name you're using for this website.

I also entered with my half assed predictions. I have the username Skryzle.
Question: Can we change our predictions for best 16, quarter, half and final when the group results are in later or do we have to stick with it to the end?

Question: Can we change our predictions for best 16, quarter, half and final when the group results are in later or do we have to stick with it to the end?
I'm not sure. I've not actually used this website for predictions before - based on what I've read on their rules I don't think so, but I'm hoping to be wrong. On that at least.

I was probably a little too enthusiastic about the number of goals in the individual games. Should have put more 0-0 draws in my predictions.

Dave

Staff member
Holy fuck what just happened to Eriksen? Dude just collapsed and they are resuscitating him on the field.

Dave

Staff member
Holy shit. UEFA want the players to play the rest of this game later tonight. No. Show some damn respect.
Yeah that would have been a bad idea. Had they made them I bet the players would have either revolted or just sat down in the middle of the pitch until time ran out.

Yeah, I'm very happy he's awake and speaking again.
If he'd died, the match might've been rescheduled, but if he's up and about again, it's standard procedure to resume play. Finland just scored because the Danish aren't paying attention, though.

Dave

Staff member
I finally got a prediction wrong. i knew it was going to happen but it took a lot longer than I thought it would. Damn you, Slovakia!

I finally got a prediction wrong. i knew it was going to happen but it took a lot longer than I thought it would. Damn you, Slovakia!
I'd gotten Denmark - Finland wrong earlier. Denmark would've won if it hadn't been for Bill Gates activating Ericssen's chip! *

*there were actually theories launched that his vaccine caused this, but it turns out Ericssen hadn't been vaccinated yet.

Dave

Staff member
I'd gotten Denmark - Finland wrong earlier. Denmark would've won if it hadn't been for Bill Gates activating Ericssen's chip! *

*there were actually theories launched that his vaccine caused this, but it turns out Ericssen hadn't been vaccinated yet.
Yeah I got that one wrong as well but I don't count it. The situation was too weird. Their best player goes down horrifically and they were made to play all while knowing that his heart had stopped and he was for all intents and purposes dead at the scene. It was too much to ask of them.

Their next game is going to be pretty exciting, I'll bet.

They "agreed" to resume play and only restarted after he was pronounced stable... And he's a team member of several other country's big stars, too.
Which doesn't mean you're not right.

Dave

Staff member
Here's my methodology of how I picked my scores. I went to a bookie site and looked at the odds for each team to win the whole thing. Then I scored the matches based on that.
'
I don't know teams, I don't know players. Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.

Here's my methodology of how I picked my scores. I went to a bookie site and looked at the odds for each team to win the whole thing. Then I scored the matches based on that.
'
I don't know teams, I don't know players. Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.
You did research?!
That's illegal! Immoral! Scandalous!

Dave

Staff member
3-0 Portugal. I'm now up to 7th overall. This is fucking wild. When I crash it's going to be spectacular.