EVE Online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heh, after a few messages the guy doesn't seem so bad. Just a shitty process. I basically told him I'll fill the app out again, but nothing will change until they tell me wtf is wrong. I probably won't get accepted...

Anyways, if anyone wants to salvage and loot my missions let me know. I'm starting to lean towards not doing it at all myself. Takes too long to sell all that crap, and I'm a pack rat.

Necronic

Staff member
Look through the recruitment sub-forum, should be some good options in there for you. Might be a good idea for you guys to go to a corp together. Can't believe that EvE Uni won't accept you.

Necronic

Staff member
So like I said I am pretty damned adept at PvP these days. Yall have any questions let me know, I am a VERY different player than I was before.

Necronic

Staff member
Also, check out Project Hallibut. They are a pretty great place to help new players. They help with all sorts of stuff (I would argue they are better than EvE Uni)

B

Biannoshufu

i kept going up until the monocle debacle. Didn't rage quit, just felt like incarna's other features were a major let down.

I also listened to Necronic's podcasts awhile back. You're mini famous! :)

Dave

Staff member
I never did re-up. I couldn't get back into it for some reason. Some games you can solo quite a bit, but EVE you almost always need a good group of people around you. I liked it when we were a Corp, but when we petered out I lost interest.

I may re-up once my finances level out a bit. I actually play games less than I used to, but I loved EvE when I was playing it.

Necronic

Staff member
I bought my first PLEX with manufacturing profit yesterday. Yay...no more paying for Eve for me :)
Man I would *never* buy a PLEX with ISK. Way I see it it takes me more than 2 hours to make enough ISK to buy a PLEX (worth 15 usd), and I can make more than that at my job. I'll work at work, in game I play.

Also here are some basic fits for some PvP ships if you guys are interested:

Hurricane [PVP Standard]
Hi
425mm autocannon IIs
2 Med Neuts (ML 2 probably best choice)

Med
Y-T MWD
Warp Disruptor II
Large Shield Extender II
Invulnerability Field II

Lows
3x Gyrostab II
2x Tracking Enhancer II
Damage Control II

Rigs
2x Medium Core Defense Field Extender
1x Anti-EM shield thingy

Drones
Warrior iis
or
Hornet EC-300s

Probably the best mid level PvP ship out there. Load with Barrage or RF EMP. Fight out ~ 20 km. Anything gets close Neut it down. Not the biggest tank but does a LOT of damage at long range.

Drop one Gyro and add a Nanofiber for a faster version. Drop one Neut and add a smartbomb (explosive best named) for a boat better suited for dealing with drones.
-----------------------------

Rupture [Mini-cane]

220mm Autocannon IIs
2 neuts (ML 2 is probably best)

Y-T MWD
Warp Disruptor II
Large Shield Extender

Damage Control II
2xGyro
2xTracking Enhancer

Rigs
2xAnti-EM shield thingys
1x Medium Core defense shield extender

Drones
Warriors or Hornet EC-300s

Fly this pretty similar to cane. Drop a Tracking Enhancer for a nanofiber if you want MOAR SPEED. You could also downgrade one Neut to a small and fit 425s instead of 220s, but personally I don't like the poor tracking of the 425s on this ship.

-------------------------

Vexor [I like to move it move it.]

[Vexor, shieldgank]
Damage Control II
3x Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Large F-S9 Regolith Shield Induction
Y-T8 Overcharged Hydrocarbon I Microwarpdrive
J5b Phased Prototype Warp Scrambler I

[empty high slot]
4x Heavy Ion Blaster II, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge M
2x Medium Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I
Medium Core Defence Field Extender I

Drones
Use DPS drones

You can drop one mag stab for a nanofiber to get MOAR SPEED (may also allow T2 Shield extender). Unlike the Rupture and Cane fits this one is meant to get up close and personal. Fly into your enemy at an angle (keeping transveral up) and start pounding on him. Very fun, VERY DANGEROUS. Almost took out a cane with this.

---------------------------------

Thrasher [Trasher]

Damage Control II
Gyrostabilizer II

Catalyzed Cold-Gas I Arcjet Thrusters
J5b Phased Prototype Warp Scrambler I
Medium Shield Extender II

7x 200mm AutoCannon II, Republic Fleet EMP S
Small Unstable Power Fluctuator I

Small Projectile Burst Aerator I
Small Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I
Small Core Defence Field Extender I
This thing will BUTCHER frigates and die to anything else. Downgrade everything to T1 to make is way cheaper. Tons of fun to fly these as they are completely throwaway.

Necronic

Staff member
Does anyone have standings high enough to anchor a POS? If so let me know, I'd be willing to pay a fair amount for you to make me a corp with standings that I can anchor a pos in.

I've been playing for about 2 weeks now. Can anyone suggest a good corps? I haven't found one yet. I'm not particularly interested in a lot of pvp at the moment

Necronic

Staff member
After reading a thread about EvE-Uni I can't suggest them for new players anymore. Same goes for Agony. Too many rules, not enough content.

The two best options for the new player imho are

TEST - Requires you to be involved with Reddit.

and

Goonswarm - Requires you to have an account at Something Awful

They are both pretty powerful null-sec alliances (arguably the only powerful null sec alliances not associated with the DRF) but they are also INCREDIBLY noob friendly. The only requirements are that you have to come from those online communities though.

Beyond those I would suggest you look through the recruitment forums and try and find a corp that has the following:

Working comms (preferably API verified)
Internal Forums (preferably API verified)
a history of running OPs.

Necronic

Staff member
Thought I would bump this thread instead of making a new one.

This last summer was pretty brutal for EvE due to the lackluster/joke of a release that was Incarna. Because of the Summer of Rage MKII that followed the developers decided to focus the entirity of the next expansion on low hanging fruit, and there's a lot of it coming.

The coolest thing they are adding is a new class of battlecruisers. These will be able to fit Battleship sized weapons. It's going to make for some pretty amazing new fleet comps. They've also finally decided to remove insurance payouts for people who get CONCORDOKEN, so the realm of suicide ganking just got a lot more difficult.

One of the biggest changes that won't actually affect most players directly, but will have a major affect on all of EvE is a complete Supercap rebalance(nerf). Supercaps are getting hit with the nerfbat pretty massively.

There are a number of other changes coming as well, should be an interesting patch.

B

Biannoshufu

Incarna was such a huge disappointment I just can't force myself back to Space Economy Spreadsheets Online.

I'm thinking of resubbing. I like what I've seen for changes. I can't really play for some time, but it would be nice to get my skills training again for when I can.

Necronic

Staff member
Expansion comes out today (I think). Anyone considering resubbing should do it now. The gift this year is an implant that is going to be worth quite a bit of ISK.

Necronic

Staff member
Well, I would totally help you out with some ideas.

But I got perma-banned. For RMT. Because instead of writing "Millions of ISK" in a sell post I put a $ sign. Hopefully this will get resolved....but....I dunno.

Actually I will still help you out. Try and get into TEST. Probably the best alliance out there for new players. I think you need some kind of Reddit account though.

Dave

Staff member
Necronic was perma-banned?!? That's fucking stupid. It's like banning the Pope from teh Vatican.

I got a deal on the first month back, so I resubbed. I'm not playing much, but I have my skills training. If any new people want to join, I have a 60 days free code. Unfortunately it doesn't work for resubbing.

R

Robazoid

Forgive me for not reading the entire topic, as I basically just want to ask a question. It's been several months since my one month in EVE and I want to get back into it. But I get panicked really easily, so I'll never be a PvP god, but damn did I ever like mining asteroids. Mining was my favorite thing to do, but then I like leveling mountains in Minecraft just because it cleared my thoughts. Anyway, I had a thought that there might be some demand even in fighting corporations for guys who just get money for the other guys to do their thing. That way I'd be able to mine in an area my corp-mates have a large presence in and be theoretically more safe than the newbie zone where I regularly got blown up just for laughs (one guy finally explained that it took such little effort to kill me that they could use a meh ship and even getting destroyed by the AI police ships wasn't much of a loss. They were killing me solely because they could).

You're probably able to tell that I didn't learn that much about EVE other than how to die while jetcan mining and how to use mine droids, but this is all something that I think feasibly might work. I want to mine again but I don't know how to go about it. Would any corp accept me solely as a miner or should I stay away?

PS: I've been lurking here forever. I know all of you even if you don't know me, so asking here isn't random from my perspective.

There are definitely corps that will do what you want. Many will do group mining ops and provide protection for you.
The thing about Eve is that you need to be a part of a good corp to really enjoy the game. Sure, you can do your own thing. Work the markets, do solo pvp, or run missions, but you'll be missing out on a lot.
Check out the corp recruitment forums. You should be able to find what you're looking for there. Just remember, its Eve. Don't let someone take you for a ride.

Necronic

Staff member
I got my ban lifted. whew
Anyways, my previous offer of helping you guys out financially until you get on your feet still stands. I can't really help with finding you a corp or anything, although I still say TEST is the way to go if you want to come out to null sec (null sec isn't that bad).

R

Robazoid

In case anyone cares, I ended up getting two more months. I figure that, at worst, I'll get two more months of skill training in for when I someday do start playing for real.

I also apparently bought a Retriever right before I stopped playing so I have zero ISK, but now I've read too many suicide-ganking forum posts that I'm scared to undock it.

Necro, since you're so filthy rich, i'd like to take up your offer of financial help. Fitting 2 BS, 2 inties and soon 1 assault frig is god damn expensive

Thanks in advance ;)

S

Straker

Hello old fellow corpmen! :) Been a long time but I'm ready to get the old capsule back in a ship. Heh, actually it's been so long I can't remember why I stopped in the first place. There's just a void there... Crazy! Anyways, gonna resub Friday most likely, might as as well take advantage of the alluring deals CCP has been spamming me. I'm hoping to run into some Halpals on the right side of the gun out there. Hope you guys are prospering.

Necronic

Staff member
Hello old fellow corpmen! :) Been a long time but I'm ready to get the old capsule back in a ship. Heh, actually it's been so long I can't remember why I stopped in the first place. There's just a void there... Crazy! Anyways, gonna resub Friday most likely, might as as well take advantage of the alluring deals CCP has been spamming me. I'm hoping to run into some Halpals on the right side of the gun out there. Hope you guys are prospering.
Sup dude. In response to those texts consider grabbing a 60 trial account with a buddy code. Train it for drakes and transfer it over to your main account at the end. You'll be pretty much ready to run level 3/4 missions in the ship which will fund your stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.