EVE Online

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Straker

Oh I remember now that I had time to think about it, my PC went 'splode. Figured it had to be something catastrophic.

Still playing Rakim? Very cool! Dave, yeah hanging is about right, been an exhausting stretch of time but I'm ready to chill out and get my game back on for sure.

Well Necronic, I thought that was too good to be true. Seems you can't combine the buddy code with the 60 day deal if I'm seeing it right. So the 60 day deal would be best but then I'd still have to pay the transfer fee, so it boils down to just ~21 free training days either way really. I think I'ma stick with my original thought and grind with my main for now, then snatch a mission runner off the character bazaar, grind up some PvP cash with him, then move the main out to do dirt. Shouldn't take much more than a month I reckon, though I understand capable characters don't go for cheap.

I just resubbed. had stopped like everybody else.

As usual, i want to love EVE but i just can't find a decent corp in EU TZ.

Necronic

Staff member
Well, if you want null sec then go with TEST like I mentioned earlier. They have a EU TZ presence. Really any large corp is active in EUTZ.

Ah ok Straker I see your point on the 60 day thing. Ah well. Was worth a shot. I still say go the 2 account way and farm characters out of it while maintaining one character for missioning. I mean ffs the extra 15$ is one night out at a bar a month. Actually less than that to be honest.

....Actually dude, I'll pay for 2 months for you as a christmas present. That plus the 60 day trial should set you up with a proper mission character and then you will be able to start farming characters.

S

Straker

Hey I got your eve mail but I'm about to crash for the night. My internet has been funky too so I just read this post.

Now you KNOW that's an offer I or anyone else can't refuse. Thank you. I'll have to get at you later about this, going to watch the fights tomorrow but should be consistently online for the rest of the weekend if my internet holds.

R

Robazoid

Well, I just learned that Hulkageddon is a thing so now I'm retreating to a 0.5 system for the month of January. Found one by using the 'pilots in system' thing in the map that looks perpetually abandoned and sits basically out of the way. Hopefully that'll spare my poor Retriever, and hopefully Hammerhead drones work as well as I hope they can protecting me from NPC bad guys. If only these PvPers would just let me mine Veldspar in peace, but alas that isn't the character of the MMORPG that I chose.

I really want to get back in, but every time I think about it I remember how it consumed my life. EvE is exactly what I want my SF sandbox MMO to be, and it's demonstrably bad for me. :p

Necronic

Staff member
I just got passed over as the campaign manager for our new campaign, and I have to be honest it stung quite a bit. I agree with their choice of EU manager, that dude is solid, but the US manager they chose over me pisses me off quite a bit, I don't think the dude is remotely competent.

I'm going to suck it up and keep fighting for the cause though.

Is Hulkaggedon really the way things are now? Mining in high-sec was something I actually enjoyed when no one else was on. :(

Is Hulkaggedon really the way things are now? Mining in high-sec was something I actually enjoyed when no one else was on. :(
I don't think Hulkageddon starts until February. It doesn't happen very often, maybe once a year.
Oh, and obligatory.

R

Robazoid

I know it was supposed to happen January 2nd but now the places where I saw that no longer have that date. I wonder what happened.

Necronic

Staff member
It's only once a year and it's totally avoidable (for the most part). Just mine in out of the way systems that aren't near any lowsec gates, and pay attention to local spikes.

Now, goonswarms recent attack on gallente ice, on the other hand, was pretty terrible.

R

Robazoid

I just went to a random Asteroid Belt and found 2 million ISK worth of Hornet IIs just sitting there abandoned. Needless to say I'm now training up to use them.

Thought I'd post something because man EVE is fun.

Necronic

Staff member
In null sec stuff like that is pretty common. Every once and a while you will come across the wreckage of a battlefield that is worth hundreds of millions or billions of ISK worth of loot and salvage. Generall the the victor of a major battle will take time to loot and salvage the wrecks, but sometimes the situation requires people to gtfo. T2 wrecks in particular can be worth massive amounts in salvage. It's not uncommon that the savlage from a ship is worth more than the ship itself (Intact Armor Plates 4tw)

A stealth ship with a salvager could make someone some money if they just hunted around for major fights. It's exceptionally dangerous, however.

I found out they made it harder to disconnect your internet to save your ship from getting blowed up by npc's. Which means when my crappy internet disconnects I will more than likely lose my ship now. :mad: I lost my apoc learning that one.

It sounds like Hulkageddon is on hold for the foreseeable future. It never seemed to materialize.

I was able to find a drake fit that can survive me getting disconnected with a pocket full of Lvl3 mission rats on me. I could probably leave for 20 minutes and come back with more than half my shields still left. Hopefully I can find somethings for lvl4's until the phone company lays fiber this spring.

Necronic

Staff member
Well, pay attention to upcoming patch notes. There's a chance that they are taking a pretty large nerfbat to the drake (removing its shield resist bonus). Kind of surprised to hear about the Hulkageddon thing. I've never really cared one way or another about the event, and I sincerely dislike the guy who runs it, but its still a bit of a tradition.

Edit:
Oh yeah and I just got my plane tickets and other stuff sorted for fanfest. I'm going to iceland nbd.

I heard about that, and it really does need it. For shits and giggles I pulled almost every spawn in the blockade mission all at once. I dropped down to half shields and just hovered there while I slowly plinked away at them. All I really need is a cap stable ship so I can have all my modules going at once, and hopefully within a week or so I'll be in a Raven that is. My problem came when I didn't have my armor repper active, since I had to just use it as needed.

Sounds like the guy that usually plans Hulkageddon is MIA with real life issues. I'm sure it'll happen once that gets sorted out, or someone else takes it on. I don't do anything with the event either, but it's still fun to see the rage it generates.

Damn, you'll have to post how it goes. If I had the money to blow on it, I'd love to go to it too.

Necronic

Staff member
Heading off to fanfest next week, and not a second too soon. My gf is really looking forward to it. This is not because she likes EvE or has any interest in it whatsoever, but more because I got her a "Sisters of EvE" pass for spouses/non-players that get dragged along. It includes horseback riding, an ATV outing, and spelunking.

I kind of want to do that instead of the conference.....

That sisters of eve package does look pretty sweet. It's really not that expensive is it? If you happen to hear anything about it, I'd be interested to know if they have any plans for opening up the stations and what Dust looks like.

Necronic

Staff member
Actually the SOE package was pretty expensive, not something I would normally pay for on a vacation for a one day thing. But anywho.

Right now Dust is a huge unknown to pretty much everyone in EvE, including the CSM. This somewhat reinforces everyone's views that it will be a complete and utter failure. Aside from all of the myriad difficulties of making a multiplayer FPS that is fun and engaging enough to draw a significant console crowd CCP has still not given any real indication as to how the DUST world will interact with the EvE world. Without that interaction the game will be a failure.

But no one really has any guess as to how that interaction will be possible in way that is both significant enough for the average spacer to care about while not requiring a large initial player base and also not SO significant that it can be meta-gamed to give ridiculous advantages to one side or another.

The one good thing about it is that CCP seems to appreciate that the launch will require a serious commitment and is planning on running it at a deficit for the forseeable future.

It sounded like they may be releasing more info about it during fanfest. The only thing I could think that Dust would be able to change, is possibly attacking PI or POS's. It'll be interesting to see if it works out. I wouldn't be surprised if most of the Dust players end up being miners looking for something to do while mining.

Status
Not open for further replies.