Fallout 4 - Power Armors for EVERYONE!

Huge Fallout fan here. Still going to wait for the GotY edition to go on sale for 75% off on Steam before getting it.

Being financially responsible sucks. :(

Alright, that's it... time to finally give A Tale of Two Wastelands a try.

Who wants to suggest what other mods should go with it?

Project Nevada works well with TTW, though you're going to want one of the compatibility patches from the TTW website, because PN and TTW's weapons overlap somewhat. So, for example, if you don't use a compatibility patch, you'll end up with two versions of the Dart Gun, with different properties.

I booked that week's Thursday and Friday off. Not Wednesday, I fully expect a Bethesda Day 1 Patch to fix stupid shit.

I remember New Vegas, until the patch came out, I couldn't use the tactical shooting system, everything was 0%. lol

I booked that week's Thursday and Friday off. Not Wednesday, I fully expect a Bethesda Day 1 Patch to fix stupid shit.

I remember New Vegas, until the patch came out, I couldn't use the tactical shooting system, everything was 0%. lol
While Bethesda is certainly the same way, New Vegas was Obsidian, not Bethesda.

Dave

Staff member
Is there any way this game WON'T be magnificent?

I'm pre-ordering tonight. This is one of the few franchises I will pre-order from.

Both Bethesda and Obsidian have horrible, horrible track records for games as far as technical stability is concerned on day one. Good games, mind, and usually patched up at least somewhat (I guess both KOTOR games are too long ago to keep on griping by now :) ) but I can't imagine ever pre-ordering from either of them. Next you'll expect EA to do a launch with enough authentication servers!

Hey, remember when id Software made Quake, Quake 2, Quake 3, and Quake 4?[DOUBLEPOST=1437662529,1437662289][/DOUBLEPOST]Hey, remember when Infinity Ward made CoD: World at War, Black Ops, and Ghosts?[DOUBLEPOST=1437662630][/DOUBLEPOST]Hey, remember when SimTex made Master of Orion, Master of Orion 2, and Master of Orion 3?[DOUBLEPOST=1437662674][/DOUBLEPOST]I think I broke Ravenpoe.

Dave

Staff member

I can't get this to work. Fallout 3 does not play well with Win7 and I haven't been able to get it to work.

I can't get this to work. Fallout 3 does not play well with Win7 and I haven't been able to get it to work.
TTW runs in New Vegas though. It basically converts all the Fallout 3 content into one big New Vegas mod, so that you're playing in the New Vegas engine but can visit the Fallout 3 areas. It's actually one of the more common suggestions for getting Fallout 3 to be playable on Windows 7.

What's been going wrong with getting TTW to work?

I'm using Win 7. I chose this purely because Fallout 3 always acted wonky, so using the mod allows me to play it in the much more win7 friendly New Vegas engine.

Well the specs are out. And I will HAVE to buy a video card. I hate that evga will make more money off this game than Bethesda.
Can get the R9 380 4GB/GTX 960 4GB cards for just over $200, that looks like your target price. I wouldn't buy anything "new" < 4GB or < DX12 at this point.

--Patrick

The game is downloading, even as I type. It has only taken 9 hours so far. Likely another hour to go.

I wonder how much Cheetos and Diet Mt Dew I will need to buy.

Right. Pre-Downloading. I got so mad with Skyrim, I bought the physical copy tried installing right at midnight on launch then had to wait 5 hours to download the real game from steam. So I just buy games from steam now, and hope the pre-download works so I can stay up late and make my face on the first day.[DOUBLEPOST=1446905249,1446905169][/DOUBLEPOST]I would normally take the week off for a staycation and play the game, but I am in the middle of a HUGE project at work. At least I get Vet's Day off.

Right. Pre-Downloading. I got so mad with Skyrim, I bought the physical copy tried installing right at midnight on launch then had to wait 5 hours to download the real game from steam. So I just buy games from steam now, and hope the pre-download works so I can stay up late and make my face on the first day.[DOUBLEPOST=1446905249,1446905169][/DOUBLEPOST]I would normally take the week off for a staycation and play the game, but I am in the middle of a HUGE project at work. At least I get Vet's Day off.
My new computer doesn't even have an optical drive.