Firefox Security Issue

Dave

Staff member
Well now that it's all fixed....THAT was fun.

The cert didn't actually expire until tomorrow. But since I didn't want any interruptions to service (!) I thought I'd renew it early. And since I didn't want to do this every damned year, I paid for 5 years worth. Soon as I paid, it immediately invalidated the old cert. Had no idea it would do that and I also thought that since I renewed instead of bought new, that it would just continue on smooth as buttuh. What an optimistic fool I was.

I figured out that I needed the system to generate the cert so I went to the WHM and made one, with the email giving me the "official" cert. The one I put in was a temp one - the self-signed one - just to make sure the site would be open. And so I waited for the email. And waited. And waited. I finally checked and saw that the emails were being sent to an email address that didn't exist. Fucking great. I tried to change the email address it sent to, but it would only go to specific ones, none of which existed. I created two of them and tried to resend but nothing worked. So I opened a live chat with the host.

After a rousing back & forth, it boiled down to the following: (1) we can't help you, (2) here's some links to give information (by the way, I'd already been to those pages several times and was still confused), (3) good luck!

Fucking cool.

So I went back to those links, googled a couple other things and found a better step-by-step instructions that didn't QUITE fit, but was close enough that I could figure them out. So I downloaded a txt file using the HTML format & uploaded them into the directory. Boom. Done. Everything worked.

10 minutes later I got the emails.