Export thread

First Post From My New Computer

Zappit

Zappit

So I get home to find the family has been out and bought a new machine - I've been setting it up, transferring files, and getting software installed. So far - love this thing. When my old one only had a total of 35 gigs of memory in the C drive, going up to 750 gigs is a nice upgrade. So is the massive, overall improvement in speed and performance. Card readers, a CD/DVD drive, great video card, 25 inch monitor with HDMI options - hell, it feels like I actually have a computer, rather than just a glorified internet browsing machine.

Oh, and Windows 7 isn't too bad so far, still getting used to that.

Dusty668

Graz! Hope the new stays shiney a good long time!

Espy

Espy

Sounds like an awesome family! PICS!

Zumbo Prime

35...GB...storage...how did you survive?

Glad you got a real machine, though.

bhamv3

bhamv3

Specs?

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Win 7 is flippin fantastic. Congo-Rats to you.

Shadazz

This reminded me of an old laptop I had in the closet that I was going to salvage for parts. So I went to find it, and guess what?

Ants have made a nice nest in it. LOTS of ants. I'm expecting to open it up and find burrowings. Fuck knows how they got to my floor, but they did. They did.

bhamv3

bhamv3

I once came back to my dorm room to find ants crawling all over my laptop. I sprayed the whole thing with bug spray then opened the casing to manually pick out all the dead ants.

König

Ants have made a nice nest in it. LOTS of ants. I'm expecting to open it up and find burrowings. Fuck knows how they got to my floor, but they did. They did.
I used to have a lizard that lived inside my PC tower. He didn't seem to do any harm, but he disappeared after a few months.

Espy

Espy

I've never had ants but every day for me it's the same damn thing:
View attachment 274

Yes, I get it Apple, I'm running "snow Leopard" but this just ridiculous.

*yes I know thats not a mac, nor is it even my computer or my cat, this post is for entertainment purposes only.

Attachments

Hylian

Hylian

Congrats :thumbsup:

oh and I demand pics!

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Pics of new systems are always nice!