[Question] Five superpowers- GO!

Flame projection
Personal gravity control
Phasing
Able to eat all matter
Future-sight

Flames as an offensive, gravity control and phasing as evasive maneuvers- OR make myselve heavier for a blunt force attack(I stress that or as I'm pretty sure I'd be slow as fuck), matter eating because I've always wanted to eat metal and it woud be great for escapes, and future-sight so I could predict my enemies moves.

Your turn- GO!

Shape shifting
super healing
super intelligence
intuitive understanding of all languages
telekinesis

I almost wrote "shapeshiting" for the first one, which would be a completely different power.

GasBandit

Staff member
Five... seems excessive... I mean...

Invulnerability
Agelessness
Unrestricted universal movement
Mind control
Omnivorousness.

Done. End of life as we know it.

Flight
Telekinesis
Super strength
Telepathy
Invunerability

Although depending on the strength of telekinesis, I may not need additional flight, super strength or telepathy. Bleah, I'm Jean Grey.

Flight (for fun)
Invulnerability (for safety)
Cellular regeneration (for youth)
Super strength (for aiding others)
Shared telekineses (for not just knowing what others are thinking, but being able to project those thoughts and feeling into others)

The last is, off the top of my head and given all of one minute of thought, a powerful peace-keeping ability. The ability to force the thoughts and feelings of one person to be shared with another would force empathy in situations where it otherwise would not exists. I can't think of a better way to change the minds of people than to make them understand not only that others are not evil in their intentions, but rather trying to do what they believe is good, in addition to being presented with how others truly see you and your behaviors.

Although I'd probably just use it to let other people on the highway know when they're being assholes. :awesome:

GasBandit

Staff member
Shared telekineses (for not just knowing what others are thinking, but being able to project those thoughts and feeling into others)
Just a quick kibitz... what you're describing is shared telepathy. Telekinesis is the ability to physically move objects with your mind. From tele- ‘at a distance’ + kinēsis ‘motion’ (from kinein ‘to move’).

Any major survival power: Immortality, Invulnerability, Wolverine's healing, etc.
Likewise, any suitable speedy travel power would do...flight, teleportation, really fast running, etc.
Skill mimicry (a la Monica Dawson in Heroes) or super learning
Mind control

That's about it for my must-have list. But, having a slot left over, I'd use it to be able to transform into something spooky and cool, like Ghost Rider, Moon Knight, or Spawn. Something like that.

Longevity
Damage reduction/Invulnerability
Ability to command animals
Control over nature
Flight

Basically, I want to be Radagast but with the ability to fly. And take a shower.

Just a quick kibitz... what you're describing is shared telepathy. Telekinesis is the ability to physically move objects with your mind. From tele- ‘at a distance’ + kinēsis ‘motion’ (from kinein ‘to move’).
Thanks. I was trying to think of the word while programming and watching Sinister. Apparently the reports of multitasking being a myth aren't all wrong.

The ability to heal others of all ailments.
The ability to compell others to tell the truth.
The ability to control the weather.
Supersenses.
The ability to transform into a giant rock monster.

The ability to heal others of all ailments.
The ability to compell others to tell the truth.
The ability to control the weather.
Supersenses.
The ability to transform into a giant rock monster.
If you have the ability to compel others to tell the truth, you're going to want invincibility as well. You know, because of all the assassination attempts.

Ah but what if this monster looks just like a statue and then you look away then you blink and yes a statue can compell you to tell the truth.

Or the Empire State building. That would be awesome to see. Giant historic building running amok.

Most of you would be DEAD.

That being said, I like the omnipotence thing suggested above. I wouldn't WANT omniscience though, as then the world/universe would be boring IMO. I'd want the ability to gain knowledge easily and magically though. More "if I will to know it, then I do" rather than all-knowing all the time. I like being surprised. Q-like powers to manipulate the world around me, with invulnerability, though retaining the ability to change myself if I desire. That even includes allowing myself to truly forget as IMO, that's extremely important if you're long-lived, because without that, Who Wants to Live Forever?

And I spend WAY too much time on Tropes.

Dave

Staff member
Unlimited knowledge. (Such as, "What are next week's winning lottery numbers?" or "Who is the murderer, what is the motive, and what proof can be found?")
Ability to speak, write and understand ALL languages - past, present, or undiscovered - fluently.
Invulnerability.
Time stop.
Perfect health/regeneration.

Sure, I might end up in a fissure somewhere wishing I had the ability to die, but I'd eventually get out. Drowning would suck, though.

GasBandit

Staff member
I often muse that if I had to pick just one power... well, usually it would be, as I said in previous threads, the ability to rewrite reality. But sometimes I also wonder about, what if I had the power to answer any question correctly. It'd be like Dave's Unlimited Knowledge power, but the question has to be asked.

Dave

Staff member
I often muse that if I had to pick just one power... well, usually it would be, as I said in previous threads, the ability to rewrite reality. But sometimes I also wonder about, what if I had the power to answer any question correctly. It'd be like Dave's Unlimited Knowledge power, but the question has to be asked.
Same with mine, but I can ask it. The question does not have to be externally asked.