Former President Trump Thread

So between the safe harbor law and the SCOTUS decision not to hear Pennsylvania, that’s it right? It’s over? Can it please fucking be over now?

No, there's gonna be idiots in the House who are going to challenge every damn state, unless Pelosi does the wise thing.

Swear in all the Democratic congressional members first, then "break" from the swearing in ceremonies to perform "House Business" - namely, counting the ballots.

Arizona Supreme Court agrees to see fraud case.

MAGA : hahahaha at last we will overturn the vote! USA USA!

Arizona Supreme Court throws out the case due to lack of evidence, confirms Biden certification.

MAGA : What no not like that. WHAT ABOUT THE AFFIDAVITS!!!!!!!!!!

Adding on all the other cases thrown out today, including the denial of the injunction with the USSC, all of Trump's legal chances have dried up and he might honestly win a world record for the most lost court cases in a 24 hour period. Today was it, we are now going past the safe harbor deadline, nothing can change the electors that have been slated.

He has to now hope the legislature can gum it up enough, though I honestly don't think they will. They would be trading President Biden for President Pelosi and I really don't see any in the GOP wanting that.

Last edited:
It's basically just a statement that you believe something to be true.

Such as @Squidleybits "I believe Anne of Green Gables is a fictional character and not an actual person who operated as a pirate in the Gulf of Saint Lawrence."

I still have so many issues with affidavits. They are not the conclusive evidence that they seem to think they are.
They are evidence, but only as far as they are witness testimony. Say a guy sees someone rob a bank, they can write a sworn affidavit that the thief was Dave, and then the prosecutors can put that information into evidence. However, like all evidence, it can also be viewed by the defense during discovery, who then can say they want to cross examine the witness to see if what they said is truthful, otherwise the affidavit is simply "hearsay". Once the guy goes to the court, he is sworn in under oath and cross examined, at which point he either can convince them his account is valid (or confused, and thus invalid), or it comes out he openly lied, at which point he goes to prison.

Here is the rub. An affidavit is worthless on it's own. I could write one right now saying that GasBandit definitely wears a hunk of cheese on his head every night, and sign it, and even give it to a lawyer who goes online and says "GasBandit wears cheese on his head at night!". However, until that affidavit is actually submitted as evidence to a court and allowed for discovery, it's basically a hunk of paper my lawyer has in a briefcase. It's merit in the legal system is zero.

That is what's so frustrating about this, because they keep claiming they have hundreds of affidavits, but the minute they go into the court ZERO of them are actually submitted as evidence before a judge and the defense. They KNOW the affidavits are just paper right now and they want to keep it that way, since openly putting in hundreds of false affidavits means disbarment and possibly prison for both them and all the supposed witnesses. They purely exist as a evidence in the only trial Rudy and company care about, the court of public opinion for the MAGA nation. It's the same reason they had those pony show "hearings" at mid-range hotels. They want the visuals of legitimacy without actually putting themselves in any danger. They just have people sit down, swear themselves in, because that isn't a binding oath, and then just lied for hours with whatever bullshit they wanted.

There needs to be consequences for all this. I know the danger in it, but we can't move past as a country if we let everyone involves in this walk away without consequences.

There needs to be consequences for all this
I'm tempted to take a page out of the right's playbook and doxx the crap out of all those people who "testified" at that Michigan circus. Why play by "the rules" when the GOP is playing Calvinball?

I know, I know. "Don't stoop to their level." But you have to be able to protect yourself when the opposition has no qualms about stooping even lower than that.

So the new conspiracy in some conservative circles is that Rudy Giuliani and Jenna Ellis faked COVID to get out of defending Trump during this crucial period when the electors are sent. It's kind of funny how fast some of these people can turn on their own.

Now she's sa
So the new conspiracy in some conservative circles is that Rudy Giuliani and Jenna Ellis faked COVID to get out of defending Trump during this crucial period when the electors are sent. It's kind of funny how fast some of these people can turn on their own.
And yet... some how that's almost a reasonable conspiracy since it's Rudy we're talking about.

I opined as much in the coronavirus thread (I think). It wouldn't surprise me.

Biden announces intense deep cleaning of White house and west wing before taking residence due to ongoing covid19 restrictions.

Dave

Staff member
I'd replace the sheets and scotchguard the mattresses. I mean, I wouldn't want to sleep in leftover Russian hooker piss or Depends leaks.