Former President Trump Thread

Articles of impeachment are slated for Monday, I hear.
Everything I’ve heard is it’s pretty much set in stone. Actual vote will hopefully be by Wednesday.
Honestly, if they don’t get it done, the Democrats will probably lose a very large chunk of their voters. I know it won’t make it to the senate, but something needs to happen.
And fuck all the Republicans saying we now need to come together and heal, and this will even make it worse.

I know it won’t make it to the senate, but something needs to happen.
From what I understand, they simply want them submitted right now because they don't go away once he leaves office. The goal is to have the next senate run the trial and then, once convicted, it would ban him from ever holding public office again, preventing a run in 2024 and weakening some of his hold on the GOP.

Even if he is convicted for crimes in the next year there is nothing in the constitution saying a criminal can't run or win office from prison, impeachment (or a conviction of literal sedition) is the only way to prevent the next four years being filled with more Trump rallies.

Now if only the various states and locales that have Trump facilities (looking at you NYC) suddenly decided to enforce building codes in his hotels and resorts.

Also seen on reddit: Who would've thought things would go down such that TikTok would ban Trump before Trump could ban TikTok?

--Patrick
I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact that PINTEREST, of all platforms, was one of the first to ban him. I don't have a Pinterest account, but apparently they started back in November when they banned "Stop the Steal" and similar Trump-related tags.

I've got 3 possibilities up front:

1. A State Sept employee is messing around in a production environment because nobody in the executive branch cares about anything anymore. I'd go 75% that it's this.
2. State Dept website is still hacked and people are messing with it. 20% possibility
3. This is legit, somehow, either through the 25th or a resignation. 5% possibility