Former President Trump Thread

The TRUTH
Literally translating "PRAVDA" as the name of your propaganda machine would be considered a biit unsubtle, perhaps, but it's not like anyone reading it will know or care.

Sitting here wondering why one of his foreign creditors hasn't lowered the boom on him yet.
Because he's still too useful?
Whether deliberately and knowingly, or used by people with more political savvy than he has, we may never know, but Trump has been by far the most effective agent for destabilization of the USA and the West in modern history. American power and influence was already waning and authoritarianism was already on the rise, but the 2015-2021 implosion of the system is really a thing of beauty for some people, especially those with vested interests in an unstable world or in a changing geopolitical balance.

“Trump has 14 days to appeal the decision.”
Hasn’t he appealed this like 5 times already? Is he allowed to do so forever?
I don't think so. I think he delayed it while he was president. Now that Biden is president, he swept away the interference from the executive branch, and things are moving apace.

The WSJ has a bit more background.

It's ok, though, since insider trading is protected speech completely legal when done by Congress. Yes, really.
I know what you're thinking, that the STOCK Act clamped down on that, but subsequent legislation ensured it didn't, really.
It's been twenty-one months since this post (and almost 10 years since the act was enacted), and businessinsider.com decided to check up on things.
What they found will surprise you! Actually it probably won't surprise anyone.
This is a story about how Congress makes it nearly impossible to obtain and understand information designed to defend against conflicts of interest — and how over the last five months we went and did it anyway.
tl;dr: You can theoretically call for timely access to these records, which the 2012 STOCK Act mandates be made "searchable, sortable, and downloadable," and have them sent to you for $0.20/page. But the reality they discovered is that there's only one (working) terminal (they added a second one later) in one building where, if you are lucky enough to show up when the one person they have on duty is actually present (and not away on a break), you can sift through hundreds upon hundreds of pages of unsorted, sometimes handwritten disclosure statements of questionable legibility, many of which may have even been filed days, months, or even years late (which is supposed to trigger a $200 fine, btw).
I spoke with James Thurber, an American University professor and congressional-studies expert, and he said the lack of transparency about congressional staffers' financial records is "intentional." He told me that "they want to make it hard" to find these records.
Yes, thank you, I figured that part out on my own.

--Patrick

figmentPez

Staff member
ROFL, Trump made positive comments about getting vaccinated, so right-wingers like Candance Owens are doing damage control, calling him old, saying that he's not tech savvy, and thus doesn't follow the real news on the internet, and that he only knows what mainstream media has told him about vaccines.

Republicans at Trump right now:

ROFL, Trump made positive comments about getting vaccinated, so right-wingers like Candance Owens are doing damage control, calling him old, saying that he's not tech savvy, and thus doesn't follow the real news on the internet, and that he only knows what mainstream media has told him about vaccines.

Republicans at Trump right now:
While this is funny, it also shows that the unhinged are becoming entirely unmored from reality, and noone will be able to control them anymore fairly soon. It's a predictable phase of this kind of movements, but it's not at all a progression I welcome.

MAGAs feared to shoot up butterfly sanctuary on border this weekend during a Mike Flynn led “rally to the border”

I remember when Trump announced the wall it was pointed out this was one of the places that would prevent it from being completed in full, i guess it’s just their turn to be directly harrassed

MAGAs feared to shoot up butterfly sanctuary on border this weekend during a Mike Flynn led “rally to the border”

I remember when Trump announced the wall it was pointed out this was one of the places that would prevent it from being completed in full, i guess it’s just their turn to be directly harrassed

"Okay guys... we're expecting a LVL 4 threat: some guys in trucks with guns. Shouldn't be a problem... just hang back while the poisonous butterfly swarm does it's work and then dart anybody who's still moving. However, due to the unknown vaccine status of these individuals, everyone needs to wear their butterfly themed face mask..."

"But sweetie, they'll be going against complete sociopaths."
"Not to worry. I already sent in henchmen 21 and 24. They're the right blend of expendable and invulnerable."

It's a commercial promoting an AZ Republican candidate for Congress effectively shooting Joe Biden, Nancy Pelosi, and Mark Kelly (who you may know is the husband of former Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords, who was shot in the head in an assassination attempt when she was in office).

So, you know, classy.

The TRUTH
Literally translating "PRAVDA" as the name of your propaganda machine would be considered a biit unsubtle, perhaps, but it's not like anyone reading it will know or care.
I hear the train a-comin'
It's comin' 'round the bend
And we'll all see that new dawn
I promised back when I could
Shoot men on 5th Avenue
Just to watch them die
And they wouldn't even stop me
Cuz I'm such a great guy

--Patrick